Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2006 Rivals Top 150 Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Meeks and Jasper seem like they are going to be pretty good.
Meeks is going to be great, and Jasper is a great athlete too..Both are big for their position, and Stevenson is a lot like Noah was when he came into Florida...So I think those 3 could be great 4 year players at UK...Plus Tyler Smith and Phil Jones are still on our list to get for next year so it could turn out to be a very good class..
The Stevenson kid is 6'9'' 190. Needs to put on some weight.
Yeah but Noah was like that coming into Florida...Some people say he's already starting to gain since his weight was listed at 190...I'd bet he weights at least 205 coming into next season...
Stevenson is already over 200...
corndog23 Wrote:Stevenson is already over 200...

Then he should be 210-220 next sesaon...
Im saying he will be around the 210 range. I read somewhere that he is working hard on the weight and wants to be bigger for the cats next season.
That's good news, anywhere under 200 at over 6'5'' is pretty skinny.
alfus21 Wrote:Some people say he's already starting to gain since his weight was listed at 190...I'd bet he weights at least 205 coming into next season...

Yeah, Tubby's been FedXing him chocolate brownies by the truckload......Smile Just hope the NCAA doesn't find out about it. Major violation.
KSR is saying Tyler Smith has verbaled to Pitt. If so, looks as if Tubby has struck out again on a top 50 PF......first Hansbrough, then Wright and Young, and now Smith (yeah, I know, he's #57 but almost top 50). Guess the word is out to these top recruits about Tubby. Who in their right mind would want to play Tubby ball anyway? Billy ball much better IMO.
Pitt wasnt even in the discussion last i heard...
corndog23 Wrote:Pitt wasnt even in the discussion last i heard...

.........better start listening a little better :moon: May I suggest a hearing aid?? Smile Memphis, UK and Pitt were his 3 choices.
Corndog, my bud.....just keep reading my posts and it'll keep you up to date on UK basketball.....:Clap:
listen Snow, you are one of the LEAST knowledgable fans of college basketball i have ever been associated with, if anything, your posts make me feel like im reading a 1st graders diary...
Yellow Snow Wrote:KSR is saying Tyler Smith has verbaled to Pitt. If so, looks as if Tubby has struck out again on a top 50 PF......first Hansbrough, then Wright and Young, and now Smith (yeah, I know, he's #57 but almost top 50). Guess the word is out to these top recruits about Tubby. Who in their right mind would want to play Tubby ball anyway? Billy ball much better IMO.

Yeah it's rumored that he chose PITT today over UK, Memphis, and Iowa....I wouldn't say Tubby struck out though, because UK was the last school to jump in on the Tyler Smith recruiting wagon and we still made a strong run..The recruiting class is already full anyway, and Phil Jones still makes it a top 10 class in the country...

Yeah I'm sure the recruits talk about Tubby Smith basketball..I know Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson have all been quoted in talking about how much they love Tubby Smith's style of play and technique so there goes that theory..Just like the class with Rondo, Morris, Bradley, and Crawford..They must have missed the word too...So I guess all the studs in the 2007 class eying UK are not in their right mind are they?

Also, I know you love Billy Basketball, but obviously Meeks like Tubby Ball better, because he turned Florida and Billy Boy down to come wear the blue/white...

If anything turns recruits away from UK it's moron fans that always bitch if they do something wrong or don't support the program at all...Kids want to come to a school with stable fans, not psycho whiners who get on their internet and run thier mouths like punks..
Kentucky is not in the running for Phil Jones according to Rivals.com. They are in the running for another big guy his name is like Edke Nuba or summin like that.
golfman42 Wrote:Kentucky is not in the running for Phil Jones according to Rivals.com. They are in the running for another big guy his name is like Edke Nuba or summin like that.

I dont know what you're talking about but Phil Jones is all but verbaled to UK...He just has to get his test scores back, and if he makes that then he's on the team..
Kentucky is not listed under his list of schools, but if you have read anything about the guy, you know he has all but committed. He takes the SAT this saturday and when his scores come back, im 90% sure he will be a wildcat.
corndog23 Wrote:Kentucky is not listed under his list of schools, but if you have read anything about the guy, you know he has all but committed. He takes the SAT this saturday and when his scores come back, im 90% sure he will be a wildcat.

On scout.com Kentucky is the only school on his "high" list over UCONN and some other good schools like George Washington...
blackcat Wrote:That's good news, anywhere under 200 at over 6'5'' is pretty skinny.

Anywhere under 200 at 6'0 is pretty skinny nowadays..... Smile

I'm 6'0, 155-160, and I get called "bones" quite a bit..... :ChairHit:
UNC got three guys in the top 13. Roy Williams has to be one of the great recruiterrs of all time. UNC will be loaded with guys.
They had an awesome class last year too, and look where that got them.....a second round loss......
corndog23 Wrote:They had an awesome class last year too, and look where that got them.....a second round loss......

Yeah, a 2nd round loss with a team of almost all freshman to a team that is still dancing in the Final Four and could possibly win a National Title. That's not an embarassment. That's quite amazing considering what they lost last year to be at the level they already are.
UNC will be playing for the national championshi 'again' next season in the final four. Guaranteed.

...and with Roy's amazing recruiting ability, probably for many years to come too. Won't surprise me if UNC passes UK's title numbers in 10 - 12 years with Roy directing the heels.
corndog23 Wrote:They had an awesome class last year too, and look where that got them.....a second round loss......

They lost their top seven scorers from last year. It was an amazing season for them to play as well as they did with all freshman. Imagine what UK would have looked like starting their freshman this year. UGLY!!!
Do you realize that if Kentucky would have lost their top 7 scorers, and come back the next year and lose in the 2nd roun, you would be pissed about it. But since its UNC, its all well and good....
venom93 Wrote:Imagine what UK would have looked like starting their freshman this year. UGLY!!!

vernom93.....you tryin' to say Carter and Adam Williams wouldn't be equal to UNC's freshmen? C'mon now?? This is UK we're taling about here.....Confusedhh: The #1 college basketball program in all of America. :thumpsup:
Yellow Snow Wrote:vernom93.....you tryin' to say Carter and Adam Williams wouldn't be equal to UNC's freshmen? C'mon now?? This is UK we're taling about here.....Confusedhh: The #1 college basketball program in all of America. :thumpsup:

Maybe it's just me, but I think Hansborough would have a slight edge over Carter in the low post position. Well, any position for that matter. Smile

And of course we would be upset about losing our top seven scorers and then losing in the 2nd round. We would all be wondering where they transferred to. UNC did win it all last year and I am guessing we could over look that for a National Championship. We would never lose our top seven guys unless they were all seniors though. We don't have the load of NBA talent like UNC does every year.
Yellow Snow Wrote:UNC will be playing for the national championshi 'again' next season in the final four. Guaranteed.

...and with Roy's amazing recruiting ability, probably for many years to come too. Won't surprise me if UNC passes UK's title numbers in 10 - 12 years with Roy directing the heels.

Amazing recruiting ability all thse years and he's only mustered up one National Title, but you see what' so interesting here, is that some UK fans like to say that Tubby doesn't have one because it wasn't with his players..Same situation with Roy Williams though...He didn't do it with his own players, so how is it not his...No need in being hypocritical in situations like these, but sure enough people are....
Pages: 1 2