Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The peak oil conspiracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The peak oil conspiracy
Peak oil (a theory in itself) is the supposed peak of oil production during and after which demand for oil outstrips supply sending prices through the roof. The peak oil conspiracy theorists believe that peak oil is a fraud concocted by the oil industries to increase prices amid concerns about future supplies. The oil industry is aware of vast reserves of untapped oil, but does not utilise them in order to maintain the illusion of scarcity, they claim. :pondering:
^
So in another words, nobody truly knows when the peak of oil was or will be yet they keep it quiet in order to choose prices as they want.
Everybody knows oil is a natural resource to us that cant be replaced. However, it just seems to me that there is a lot of oil the average joe doesnt know about.
It wouldnt surprised me if we havent used 5% of the oil we actually can on this Earth, but on the otherhand it wouldnt surprise me to hear that weve used of half of it either.

Use it now, use all we can,lower prices, if we do run out we'll find a way, the human race always has. Last time i checked horse and buggies were not extinct.
Its a cliche but necessity really is the mother of invention. There is plenty of hydrogen, methane, and other fuels in our solar system. Its there for the taking.