Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who's gonna be the coach next year and whats the team going to look like?
where did keith may go?
cuppett777 Wrote:where did keith may go?

Keith Took the Asst. Coaching job at Pike Central
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Keith Took the Asst. Coaching job at Pike Central

k, thanks, so if Chapman flees, then maybe Keith gets head coaching job there, he would be a good one, and alot more people would like him, thats for sure..cant belive he went there though, but best of luck..
Well, May is the past now. Anyone have any word on how the teams going to be?
They should be really good with the up coming 7th graders and the 8th graders that are holding back should win the county easily.
All_ Ball _All_ Day Wrote:They should be really good with the up coming 7th graders and the 8th graders that are holding back should win the county easily.

Not so fast, my friend! I will certainly agree that Belfry will compete for the county championship. I mean, Belfry is Belfry, regardless of who is coaching. But it's that very last word I have a problem with - "easily". If I remember right, Belfry had to survive a six or seven OT game to GET INTO the County Championship game last season, and then barely lost in the final. Again, I have no doubt that Belfry will be one of the top favorites to win the Middle School County Championship this coming season, but let's not engrave the trophy just yet. Other schools will certainly be a factor, as well.
Live Maroon Wrote:Not so fast, my friend! I will certainly agree that Belfry will compete for the county championship. I mean, Belfry is Belfry, regardless of who is coaching. But it's that very last word I have a problem with - "easily". If I remember right, Belfry had to survive a six or seven OT game to GET INTO the County Championship game last season, and then barely lost in the final. Again, I have no doubt that Belfry will be one of the top favorites to win the Middle School County Championship this coming season, but let's not engrave the trophy just yet. Other schools will certainly be a factor, as well.

^ Absolutely, these Belfry boys have been working out hard though, take it from me I take one kid to run about four times a week, with one goal on their mind and that is winning county this year. Pikeville has an X on their chest, haha. Should be a fun season cause Pikeville will have a super talented group.
That's what keeps us coming back! I tell you, I enjoyed the junior high games just as much - if not more - than the high school games last year. High quality of play. Keeps a little fire in the rivalry. Not too many of those left with all the consolidation of schools around here.
Live Maroon Wrote:That's what keeps us coming back! I tell you, I enjoyed the junior high games just as much - if not more - than the high school games last year. High quality of play. Keeps a little fire in the rivalry. Not too many of those left with all the consolidation of schools around here.

Belfry and Pikeville are the only unconsolidated schools left now that SV and PC are playing as a Middle School. Phelps is essentially a nonfactor. These Belfry kids really hate Pikeville, and that's the way it should be... because at the end of the day there may be general dislike, but there is respect.
:biggrin:^^^I thought Belfry consolidated with Williamson, Logan, Matewan and Chattaroy about 12 years ago. Hehe I know Belfry hatred is at a fever pitch after Pikeville shut them out 3 times last year.
jetpilot Wrote::biggrin:^^^I thought Belfry consolidated with Williamson, Logan, Matewan and Chattaroy about 12 years ago. Hehe I know Belfry hatred is at a fever pitch after Pikeville shut them out 3 times last year.

We figured we'd share one since we'd won the last five Tongue
Nice one, Belfry 0304, I like that! LOL! I agree, I do think it's a "healthy" rivalry in that both schools want to beat the other, but there is a respect on both sides. I like that. Two traditional powers, wanting bragging rights for "best in county". I hope it always stays that way!
Do these teams compete in the KYMSFA state playoffs? If so, what division?
Belfry0304 Wrote:We figured we'd share one since we'd won the last five Tongue

Didn't fall for my trolling - well played sir...:notbad:
Wildcat18 Wrote:Do these teams compete in the KYMSFA state playoffs? If so, what division?

I don't believe either one of them do.
I have heard Pikeville will not play in the county this year since they will play in the KYMSFA.

Certainly hope it would be possible to do both.

I will post more as soon as I know more.
Imo., what we're seeing here is the fierce competitiveness that has always been at the varsity level. Good to see this spirit exist as they take it right into high school.
Haha, if we don't find a coach soon I'm going to get the team together to do running and stuff on the field to begin to get ready! Lol.
Belfry's going to do fine any problem they had is gone now the kids can play football and have fun doing it GO PIRATES.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Belfry's going to do fine any problem they had is gone now the kids can play football and have fun doing it GO PIRATES.

what problem did they have?
Hearing this may end up being David Jones' job.
Being a Belfry supporter and knowing what Coach Haywood and Belfry football stands for.........I would find this to be a very disappointing hire.
I talked to Dave and he said he would like to have this job and i know that Dave would do a good job and our kids would play hard for him i have a kid that plays and if he gets the job it's because Coach Haywood thanks he is the man for it.
David would do a good job.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Being a Belfry supporter and knowing what Coach Haywood and Belfry football stands for.........I would find this to be a very disappointing hire.
he lets david help with the high school, and david did help get coach 2 rings, and played at KY and the Miners, so why wouldnt he get a chance?
It has absolutely nothing to do with David's football knowledge or skill. These are young boys and if I had kids not the type of person I'd want to influence them. I'm not going to say more than that, just not the hire I would expect from Coach Haywood knowing him like I do.
Micro-Brew Wrote:It has absolutely nothing to do with David's football knowledge or skill. These are young boys and if I had kids not the type of person I'd want to influence them. I'm not going to say more than that, just not the hire I would expect from Coach Haywood knowing him like I do.

i dont know what he does off the field, i just know how kids like him, but its up to coach....
I am in Lexington a the FBU camp we have about six kids here great camp our boys got better this weekend good job boys.
The Paintsville 5th & 6th grade football team as well as the 3rd & 4th grade football team are looking to add some games (Home and Away) for the upcoming 2012 season.
Pages: 1 2