Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Wildcats 06/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets say that Rajon returns for another year and Tubby Smith is still in lexington and Everyone thats supposed to stay, stays.

And lets say that rajon leaves and jamal crawford, ramel bradley leave and Tubby isnt there ! What happens in two seperate Paragraphs !

I think Kentucky will stay in the Top 10 the whole year and will be a number 1 seed. And maybe win the National Championship !

If Kentucky loses all these players that I mentioned than it will be a rebuilding year for the next two season and I see The NIT !
Wow...i thought Jamal Crawford was NY Knick. We sure did pull a fast one on the NCAA. haha
First off, I wanna say that I honestly believe Rondo will not be back, and the chances of him being back are small....

I then wanna say that Tubby Smith is going to be there, because if he wasn't he'd already be gone or announced that he wouldn't be there....

I also believe that Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley return especially Bradley, because he has already said he couldn't wait for next year to start because he thinks it could be a great season, and team....

With Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson coming in they will all contribute immediatly, as would Tyler Smith or Phil Jones if they come...

With all those players coming in, I think that Adam Williams is going to transfer, along with one of the 7 footers, and maybe Bobby Perry will go on an academic scholorship...

The starting line-up for next year would be soemthing like this...

PG-Bradley
SG-Crawford
SF-Perry
PF-Stevenson
C-Morris

With a ton of players coming off the bench helping each game...

Kentucky will probably be ranked 15-25 to start the season, and hang in that range for the most part...Finish as a 3 seed or so and make a good run to the final four...

I really believe that the 07-08 season could be the one that is special for UK and their fans if this team stays together, but next season will be a lot better, and UK will not lose 10 games again next season
corndog23 Wrote:Wow...i thought Jamal Crawford was NY Knick. We sure did pull a fast one on the NCAA. haha

My bad I got I mixed the names up !
^ No worries, haha
Adam Williams wants to stay at Kentucky and will meet with Tubby after the Final Four to talk about his future. Williams says he is happy in lexington and Tubby hasnt said that he wants williams to go.

I also think Rondo will be back next year. He does not have the jumper and consistency the NBA is looking for. Crawford and Bradley will be back next year. I think Crawford will emerge as a star next year at Kentucky. For the 7 footers i dont know. I dont really see why they would want to transfer because they would get about the same amount of playing time anywhere else in the nation.

And oh yeah. I see TUBBY with a top 25 team next year.
Depends if Tubby re-gains his coaching ability and gets some confidence back
REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS, WHO STAYS, WHO DOESN'T, KENTUCKY IS KENTUCKY. THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE IN LEXINGTON NEXT YEAR. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TUBBY IS THE BEST COACH IN AMERICA. DON'T WANT NO OTHER COACH. TUBBY IS THE MAN.....YEAH.......KENTUCKY WILDCATS....NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.......YEAHHHHHHHH...........:theman: :theman:
alfus21 Wrote:Kentucky will probably be ranked 15-25 to start the season, and hang in that range for the most part...Finish as a 3 seed or so and make a good run to the final four...

:Hammer3:
If this entire team returns, I think Kentucky returns to the Final Four next year and will go into the NCAA as at least a #2 seed.

Next years Final 4 is in the Georgia Dome...CATLANTA BABY !!!

Interesting fact: Kentucky has NEVER LOST in the Georgia Dome. and has never lost a game played in a dome in the last 15 years.
I sure hope rajon comes back !
BelfryPride Wrote:Interesting fact: Kentucky has NEVER LOST in the Georgia Dome. and has never lost a game played in a dome in the last 15 years.

You sure about that?? Didn't they lose there in the SEC Tourney either last year or year before last? Pretty sure they did
Future SEC Tournament Dates & Sites (Men's)

2007 - March 8-11 Atlanta, Ga. (Georgia Dome)
2008 - March 13-16 Atlanta, Ga. (Georgia Dome)
2009 - March 12-15 Tampa, Fla. (St. Petersburg Times Forum)
2010 - March 11-14 Nashville, Tenn. (Gaylord Entertainment Center)
2011 - March 10-13 Atlanta, Ga. (Georgia Dome)
2012 - March 11-14 New Orleans, La. (New Orleans Arena)
UK lost in the 2005 SEC Tourney in the Georgia Dome 70 - 53 to the Florida Gators

UK only had one player in double figures (Azubuiki - 17 pts). Chuck Hayes finished with only 4 pts. Florida was lead by Matt Walsh (26 pts) and Anthony Roberson (10 pts)

[Image: gadome_night_250x200.jpg]

The 2005 Southeastern Conference Men's Basketball Tournament will be held in a familiar setting as the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga., again plays host to this event. The Georgia Dome, a world-class facility with basketball seating configuration of 26,000, serves as the site of the 12-team tournament for the sixth time in eight years and the seventh time overall in league history. The 2004 tournament amassed impressive crowds with the 10th highest total attendance (195,630) and the seventh highest Session 5 attendance (21,446) in SEC Tournament history.
The SEC Men's Basketball Tournament was first held at the Dome in 1995, establishing records in total attendance (250,031), single-game and championship game attendance (30,057). The 2005 event marks the 10th time Atlanta has hosted the tournament (1933, 1934, 1987, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004).

You need to do your homework a little better BP :dontthink ......remember, it counts 1/2 of your grade..... Smile Smile
kentucky will be back when they get rid of the sorry basketball coach. and is rajon rondo leaves where is he gonna go.. the nba surely isnt gonna take him he might go to the european league
Rondo needs to stay, it'll be a Randolph Morris all over again if he leaves for the NBA.
Pupaw Wrote:Rondo needs to stay, it'll be a Randolph Morris all over again if he leaves for the NBA.

Actually it wouldn't be seeing as Rondo is projected in the 1st round by every mock draft...He would get drafted unlike Morris
Rondo CAN play in NBA and will be drafted. The shot will come when he starts playing an 82 game schedule .
[Image: BillynOJ0127.jpg]

Check out some of the comments from other posters around the state about the possibility of of OJ Mayo and Billy Walker playing for UK....:dontthink

DavenderCat
user profile
Defender of the Program, Protector of the People
Post #1288

[size=2]The odds of me & Ashley Judd hooking up at Golden Corral & getting it on next to the mashed potatoes. That ain't gravy [Image: laugh.gif].[/size]
[size=2][/size]

[size=2]******************[/size]

wildcatdon
user profile
Post #2054

[size=2]it wouldnt matter because tubby wont let him play his game anyway..reign em in,tense em up and take em out when they make a mistake..wonder why recruitng is suffering...[/size]
[size=2][/size]

[size=2]******************

[/size]jabell
[Image: rr59.gif]
user profile
Lebanon Ky
All-SEC
Post #3473

[size=2]IF Tubby convinces Mayo to become a Cat, he'll be the most wasted athlete on the planet next year. Can you imagine this kid being stymied by Tubby's offense? He'd be on the bench brooding in every game because Tubby yanked him after taking a wide-open shot. I'm not a Tubby basher, I'm just telling it like it is. Tubby would NOT allow this kid any freedom at all on either end of the floor. NO way in the world does Tubby change his system for anybody - not even Mayo.[/size]

[size=2]Looks as if Big Blue fans all across the Commonwealth are getting more and more fed up with Tubby ball and Tub's recruiting....or lack of it.[/size]

[size=2][/size]
[size=2]

[/size]
Yellow Snow Wrote:[Image: BillynOJ0127.jpg]

Check out some of the comments from other posters around the state about the possibility of of OJ Mayo and Billy Walker playing for UK....:dontthink

DavenderCat
user profile
Post #1288

[size=2]The odds of me & Ashley Judd hooking up at Golden Corral & getting it on next to the mashed potatoes. That ain't gravy [Image: laugh.gif].[/size]
[size=2][/size]

wildcatdon
user profile
Post #2054

[size=2]it wouldnt matter because tubby wont let him play his game anyway..reign em in,tense em up and take em out when they make a mistake..wonder why recruitng is suffering...[/size]
[size=2][/size]

[/size]jabell
user profile
Lebanon Ky
All-SEC
Post #3473

[size=2]IF Tubby convinces Mayo to become a Cat, he'll be the most wasted athlete on the planet next year. Can you imagine this kid being stymied by Tubby's offense? He'd be on the bench brooding in every game because Tubby yanked him after taking a wide-open shot. I'm not a Tubby basher, I'm just telling it like it is. Tubby would NOT allow this kid any freedom at all on either end of the floor. NO way in the world does Tubby change his system for anybody - not even Mayo.[/size]

[size=2]Looks as if Big Blue fans all across the Commonwealth are getting more and more fed up with Tubby ball and Tub's recruiting....or lack of it.[/size]

[size=2][/size]
[size=2]

[/size]

I agree with them it would be great if they could come and show case there talent but that wont happen.
Yellow Snow Wrote:[Image: BillynOJ0127.jpg]

DavenderCat
user profile
Post #1288

[size=2][/size]

wildcatdon
user profile
Post #2054

[size=2][/size]

[/size]jabell
user profile
Lebanon Ky
All-SEC
Post #3473

[size=2][/size]
[size=2]

[/size]

Selective reading can be bad for you I've heard...You have to have an open mind while reading other forums, becuase for each person that says things like that another few people are being positive about it...I believe OJ Mayo and Walker will stay close to home though so their family can watch them play so UK still has as chance, even though these two players could ruin team chemistry because it's all about them and not the team...

The 2007 class has already offered out 10 scholorships to very good players, particulary many stud poward fowards...Could be a very great class even without Mayo and Walker...

And like I said earlier, yeah some fans are fed up with Tubby ball, but for each one that is fed up another 10 aren't...Rupp Arena will still fill up each game, and the 5% of fans fed up aren't going to make the decisions or have an effect on the decisions (much like the hilarious petition)
Mayo and Williams will be at Kansas State with Bob Huggins. As for UK - Williams needs to go, let's face it I didn't even know he was on the team until the Ole Miss game at home. He stinks. I think Rondo should stay and develop then leave the following season.
I don't see Mayo or Bill Walker playing for UK.. for the reasons stated above. and if Tubby keeps recruiting like he does, I don't know why he would want these guys anyway.. a couple of thugs who are probably goin to make a 7 million before 21...
That said...

The talent level across the nation is getting more and more even each year.. someone said on another thread that no one really has total dominance now.. anything can happen.. Not to mention college ball is on the verge of being like pro ball.. Everyone wants to be a star, and make the green.. No one really wants to play and go to school anymore.. Well some players do, but those are usually the ones who are benched then have a few good games..

I dont' understand tubby's system.. Is he a good coach? Yes.. Can he recruit? If he wanted to then yes he could (he's at UK afterall).. But i think the thing with him is, he really wants to see his players graduate and better themselves in life.. Which means not graduate from having almost no money to make millions, which in most cases just leads to trouble.. There are a few good NBA players, with a sound mind. But there's always something goin on, and no one thinks they make enough money.. which is ridiculous..

I have to say, I have lost respect for KY as a ball team the past few years. But i do have to say Tubby seems like he really cares about his players..
This past years team I honestly think was just in it for themselves.. Everyone wanted to be a star... Well almost everyone...

So until Tubby can get some players that actually want to play college ball and not just be thinking about the pros, I think UK will not make it past the sweet 16 for a while