Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2006-2007 Try-Outs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With about a month until try-outs will probably be starting what is everyone doing to get ready?
My try-outs were today...Basically I just took extra gymnastics and worked hard on getting a hyper-extended toe-touch (lol). Hey, at least i can try!!

-No, but I seriously volunteered and I co-coach a smaller league squad
I heard PC tryouts were today at 6:00. How'd it go? :Cheerlead
ahh man i missed it ...
Right now PC's Varsity Squad is looking good...we have a lot of potential. I'm excited to see where this year lead's
Who has already had their tryouts and who has not?
Belfry has started conditioning,I hear it is a tough year to try out there.. Alot of talent moving up. Not many spots open.
:igiveupTongueC has alot of talent also we want thank coach Case for not taking one great Belfry cheerleader on her varsity We are glad to have her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think you will be sorry you didn't give her the chance to be all she can be:Clap:. I have no doubt that she will soar as a Hawk. Thanks again :rockon:
BAYPC CHEERBABE Wrote::igiveupTongueC has alot of talent also we want thank coach Case for not taking one great Belfry cheerleader on her varsity We are glad to have her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think you will be sorry you didn't give her the chance to be all she can be:Clap:. I have no doubt that she will soar as a Hawk. Thanks again :rockon:

I'm sure you meant Mrs. Casey...and she isn't the one who didn't "take" that cheerleader....the judges scores during tryouts decided who would or would not be on the Varsity Squad. I hope that she does well at PC. Your welcome!
BAYPC CHEERBABE Wrote::igiveupTongueC has alot of talent also we want thank coach Case for not taking one great Belfry cheerleader on her varsity We are glad to have her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think you will be sorry you didn't give her the chance to be all she can be:Clap:. I have no doubt that she will soar as a Hawk. Thanks again :rockon:

Belfry hasn't even had tryouts for this coming year yet.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Belfry hasn't even had tryouts for this coming year yet.

I assumed they were talking about the past couple of years.
Pirate Pal Wrote:I assumed they were talking about the past couple of years.

I didnt...I took it as this year....as in thats why she left this year...i mean--she MIGHT have made it had she stayed Confusedhh:
belfry middles tryouts started today!
Pirate Pal Wrote:I assumed they were talking about the past couple of years.
Yes I was talking about last two years in paticular.
Sorry for the typing error yes I most certainly meant COACH SHERRY CASEY!!!!:howdy:
BAYPC CHEERBABE Wrote:Sorry for the typing error yes I most certainly meant COACH SHERRY CASEY!!!!:howdy:

Got it wrong again it's -SHERRI- but I know who you are talking about and trust me the Varsity and Belfry can do without her. PC never beat the Varsity without her before, what makes you think her being on your squad will make you beat us? :flame: TongueirateSho
AC's tryouts arent until May 15th a little late but it gives us more time for preparing.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I didnt...I took it as this year....as in thats why she left this year...i mean--she MIGHT have made it had she stayed Confusedhh:

who are you talking about that went to pike central?
Pike central Can have that girl, She really don't have what it takes to be a Pirate, if you bleed RED, it doesn't matter what squad you are on as long as you support the PIRATES!TongueirateSho
How "great" will PC be with a girl that couldn't hack it at Belfry? Since when did taking other teams leftovers make you better than the team you are getting them from?
Phoenix Wrote:How "great" will PC be with a girl that couldn't hack it at Belfry? Since when did taking other teams leftovers make you better than the team you are getting them from?
That is my point this girl should have been on the varsity I have watched Belfry cheerleaders and she is definetly a better all around cheerleader than some of the girls that are on the squad. You may think she is a left over but I think she is a great cheerleader that has been OVER looked because of problems that should not affected her cheerleading score.
Trust me one girl is not going to make our team better by her self it takes every girl on that team giving 110%. I am only saying that Belfry lost a good cheerleader that was done wrongly because of personal feelings of people that has the control to either take her as a cheerleader or not, and I personally am glad that they chose not to take her. Pirates lost Hawks gain. You can rest assured that our girls are going to be the squad for B elfry to look out for this year but then again they always are.:rockon: :notworthy
The only thing that could've affected her scores are Teacher evaulations or her grades, other than that, there are usually 10 judges at tryouts. Mrs Casey, holds no grudges against kids, I have been around Belfry cheerleading for 20 years, I have always admired the tryouts process there. This girl new what she had put her squad through, especially the night before state comp, and new she did not have a chance this year, so she took her problems elsewhere! This is so silly to argue over 1 girl. 1 girl does not make or break a squad. If you truely feel that lucky to have her, then so be it. I hope this 1 girl can turn your squad around!Confusedmallchee
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I didnt...I took it as this year....as in thats why she left this year...i mean--she MIGHT have made it had she stayed Confusedhh:
I doubt it she was good enough to have been on the squad the past two years and wasn't choose because of personal problems between her and another cheerleader. I think each should have a fair chance to show their abilities and be choosen because they have the talent to be there, not because who they are.:thatsfunn
friendofbelfry Wrote:The only thing that could've affected her scores are Teacher evaulations or her grades, other than that, there are usually 10 judges at tryouts. Mrs Casey, holds no grudges against kids, I have been around Belfry cheerleading for 20 years, I have always admired the tryouts process there. This girl new what she had put her squad through, especially the night before state comp, and new she did not have a chance this year, so she took her problems elsewhere! This is so silly to argue over 1 girl. 1 girl does not make or break a squad. If you truely feel that lucky to have her, then so be it. I hope this 1 girl can turn your squad around!Confusedmallchee
Did you read my last reply?
actually no, you must have posted while I was typing. I just don't see the big deal here. People always have excuses for not making a squad, and I know personally this same girl has said countless times to everyone JV @ belfry is better than the varsity, so why all the whinng about varsity not taking her? Good luck Pc , I hope she is happier there, I hate for someone to be unhappy in High School, it should be happy times!
[QUOTE=BAYPC CHEERBABE]I doubt it she was good enough to have been on the squad the past two years and wasn't choose because of personal problems between her and another cheerleader. I think each should have a fair chance to show their abilities and be choosen because they have the talent to be there, not because who they are.:thatsfunn[/QUOTE

Rolleyes and you know this to be true because???? hmmmm she said so?

I've been around the squads, gymnastics, and tryouts also. Shes can be a good cheerleader, but no, her spot wasnt taken from her, she was beat out of it plain and simple. What is this anyway?? Rolleyes
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:[QUOTE=BAYPC CHEERBABE]I doubt it she was good enough to have been on the squad the past two years and wasn't choose because of personal problems between her and another cheerleader. I think each should have a fair chance to show their abilities and be choosen because they have the talent to be there, not because who they are.:thatsfunn[/QUOTE

Rolleyes and you know this to be true because???? hmmmm she said so?

I've been around the squads, gymnastics, and tryouts also. Shes can be a good cheerleader, but no, her spot wasnt taken from her, she was beat out of it plain and simple. What is this anyway?? Rolleyes
What is this? This is my opion you clearly have one and you don't like mine.Differences is what the world go round.:wtf1:
Belfry had tryouts yesterday, Two very strong squads were chosen. Belfry is going to be a strong force in cheerleading again this year. Kudos to All returning cheerleaders, and congrats to all new ones, represent your school with true PIRATE PRIDE! :pirategir
BAYPC CHEERBABE Wrote:[QUOTE=Pirates~R~Us]What is this? This is my opion you clearly have one and you don't like mine.Differences is what the world go round.:wtf1:

Smile It has nothing to do with my liking or not liking your opinion Rolleyes

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

But you are acting like you know what Belfry had for tryouts for the past fews years, how they were handled, how decisions were made and why, who made the squad, who didnt, who should have and why they did or didn't Smile that is not an opinion your giving us, it is a statement of fact of what happened and why...BUT its not correct. Lots of good cheerleaders/tumblers this year too!! but guess what! Every girl who had a tuck or round off tuck did not make the squad! There simply wasn't room for all of them. Have to add the scores of jumps, gymnastics, cheer ability, dance, motions, voice, appearence, gpa and teacher evaluation together and the top scores take those few spots!! No one said she was a terrible cheerleader or couldn't tumble but you have to score highest overall with few spots available.
Pages: 1 2