Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ** UK RUMORS **.....Believe it or not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's some rumors floating around Lexington as there always are after Basketball season is over. Some of them may sound interesting

1. Rondo will be back, but will be attending some NBA camps.
2. Coach Hobbs to take the head coaching position at Cincinnati
3. Former Duke player Bobby Hurley takes over for Hobbs as UK assistant
4. Adam Williams to transfer to WVU
5. Crawford, Carter and Bradley to transfer
6. Alleyne to redshirt
7. Morris will still be a Wildcat next season
1. Ill agree with that.
2. Wrong Coach Hobbs.....
3. Not out of the question, but David Hobbs will not be the cincy coach, he may be fired however.
4. Adam Williams put that rumor to rest a few weeks ago.
5. I dont see any of that happening, Bradley and Crawford's post game interviews sunday should put that to rest, and Carter will be here next year.
6. Possible
7. I think this is also going to be true.
I've heard all that, but I seriously doubt Crawford and Bradley are going to transfer, but Williams probably should...I also think something has to happen with one of the 7 footers because Tubby is still recruiting two guys and he wouldn't be doing that for no reason...

I think Carter should stay too, because he is very young and could be a dangerous player in a couple of years...

Tubby did say some changes were going to take place and he promised a season like this would not happen again, so the first thing that brings to mind is a coaching change on the sidelines, but I'd hate to see Hobbs leave...They need to get rid of that one assistant coach..Not Hanson or Hobbs, but the other guy can't think of his name right now...

It will be an extremely interesting off season for Kentucky and a lot of crazy stuff could happen...There will be some surprises that's for sure..
I dont beleive in any of these rumors about anybody transferring, but i have heard that Hobbs will be gone next year and Bob Huggins will be in as the assistant.
Well someone has to transfer or we won't have any scholorships for everybody coming in...I do think that Bobby Perry is going to be put on an academic scholorship though to open up a basketball scholly....
8.  Tubby will take the Charlotte Hornets head coach position after this NBA season is over. 

9.  Billy Donovan will be named new men's basketball coach at UK.
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=21158.msg215005#msg215005 date=1142972924]
8.  Tubby will take the Charlotte Hornets head coach position after this NBA season is over. 

[/quote]

8. I don't think that is going two happen.

9. If Tubby does take the head coach position for the Hornets then I could see this happening.
After the run that Florida is going to make, there is no way Donovan would leave.  Florida is still young and could possibly make a run for an NCAA title in a year or two.
Yellow Snow Wrote:8.  Tubby will take the Charlotte Hornets head coach position after this NBA season is over. 

8. That's why Tubby said he is coming back next year and changes will be made..

9. Give me a break..
Ive heard Alleyne was gonna transfer.
BelfryPride Wrote:5. Crawford, Carter and Bradley to transfer

Bradley was quoted as saying that he looked foward to next year, and hoped they all stuck together because it could be a special year at UK, so I think he will stay..
Alleyne may not be academically eligible
tubby said tonite on his show that Shagari would bve there but i missed what was said about Woo..... i think he is leaving
They some changes...lol..Getting rid of alleyne would be a great thing..
Basketballer Wrote:They some changes...lol..Getting rid of alleyne would be a great thing..

What? Alleyne is a force to be reckoned with on the defensive side...He doesnt have offense, but anytime you can bring a big goon off the bench like that to strike fear in teams from penetrating then that's a good thing...
I agree with Alfus. Alleyne can give us some quality minutes off the bench on the defensive end. I remember last year in the NCAA tourny when he overwhelmed Andrew Bogut and helped us get that victory.
WOO cant play D or O he couldnt catch a cold.
alfus21 Wrote:I do think that Bobby Perry is going to be put on an academic scholorship though to open up a basketball scholly....
I wonder what effect that has with the new NCAA rules on 4 year players and such.
Batpuff Wrote:WOO cant play D or O he couldnt catch a cold.

I agree, a wasted schollarship.
fox sports Wrote:I wonder what effect that has with the new NCAA rules on 4 year players and such.

I dont understand what you're talking about, but somebody has to go on an academic scholorship to have room for incoming players...Or one of them has to be on one...
blackcat Wrote:I agree, a wasted schollarship.

This has been true for the past two years.
fox sports Wrote:I wonder what effect that has with the new NCAA rules on 4 year players and such.
I don't think so because he is still playing and working toward graduation. Moss wasn't on athletic scholarship was he?
You can put several of these guys on a fishing scholarship if you want to. It isn't going to change the fact we are going to have to watch the same dismal team minus Sparks and Moss again next year. The best thing to happen to this team would be for Rondo to go pro. It was obvious by the look on his face he doesn't want to be here. Same look Morris had and still has. Let Bradley play point and move a couple guys back to their natural positions.
venom93 Wrote:You can put several of these guys on a fishing scholarship if you want to. It isn't going to change the fact we are going to have to watch the same dismal team minus Sparks and Moss again next year. The best thing to happen to this team would be for Rondo to go pro. It was obvious by the look on his face he doesn't want to be here. Same look Morris had and still has. Let Bradley play point and move a couple guys back to their natural positions.

Next year with be a LOT better than this season was...I don't think next year will be a dismal year at all...Morris actually didn't have a bad look on his face, he actually showed a lot of emotion this season..
I think they started to get hungry at the wrong time of the season. They showed hunger for the first time against UCONN and i think that the team feels they let one go and cant wait til next season
I agree they played better towards the end of the season, but this isn't the UK teams of the past. They need a strong regular season to get a higher seed in the tourney. next years team can't afford to be an 8 or 9 and have to play a 1 in the second game. The poor regular season play set them up for failure in the post season.
You can't take parts of the year off in a season and have a successful year!
Whom ever is there next season will have to learn to play together and listen to the coaches. At one time UK could just show up and get a win but those days are over.
In todays Lexington Herald Adam Williams says his heart wants to stay in Kentucky, but his father is the one pressuring in a way to transfer.
^He needs to GET OUT OF TOWN!!
Pages: 1 2