Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chris Lofton - The Next 3 Point King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Chris Lofton

04-05
3 pointers made - 93
3 pointers took - 200
Percentage made - 46.50%

05-06
3 pointers made - 114
3 pointers took - 261
Percentage made - 43.68%

Career
3 pointers made - 207
3 pointers took - 461
Percentage made - 44.90%

J.J. Redick

02-03
3 pointers made - 95
3 pointers took - 238
Percentage made - 39.92%

03-04
3 pointers made - 102
3 pointers took - 258
Percentage made - 39.53%

JJ Redick through first two seasons just like Lofton
3 pointers made - 197
3 pointers took - 496
Percentage made - 39.72%

So through their first 2 years of college basketball, Lofton has made MORE 3s, taken LESS shots, which gives him a 5% higher make percentage than Redick through their first two seasons.

Lets continue on.

04-05
3 pointers made - 121
3 pointers took - 300
Percentage made - 40.33%

05-06 (thus far)
3 pointers made - 136
3 pointers took - 321
Percentage made - 42.37%

Career (thus far)
3 pointers made - 454
3 pointers took - 1117
Percentage made - 40.64%

JJ Redick is the all-time leader in 3 pointers made.  JJ's BEST season percentage wise (42.37%) is LOWER than Lofton's WORST season percentage wise (43.68%).  Compared through their first two seasons, Lofton has made more 3 pointers than Redick.  With any type of moderate progression over his junior and senior season (which he showed a bit of going from 93 to 114 makes), Lofton will be college basketball's next 3 point King.
Very nice post tc68
Nice Tomcat.
Can someone tell me why we care about Chris Lofton???
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=21149.msg214861#msg214861 date=1142956573]
[/quote]

1. He's a Kentucky native.
2. He's a former Kentucky Mr. Basketball.
3. He's a common opponent to Kentucky basketball.
4. He's shown a talent that deserves accolades.

[quote author=Tomcat68 link=topic=21149.msg214873#msg214873 date=1142957166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the reason no one should care about him, or have a love enfatuation with him. I dont care if he is a kentucky native, he is an enemy of the STATE!
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=21149.msg214885#msg214885 date=1142957835]
[quote author=Tomcat68 link=topic=21149.msg214873#msg214873 date=1142957166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the reason no one should care about him, or have a love enfatuation with him. I dont care if he is a kentucky native, he is an enemy of the STATE!
[/quote]

Yet we give accolades to Shaun Alexander still.  He was a Kentucky native that become an "enemy of the state" during his college career at another rival SEC school (Alabama).  Nobody ever downs Alexander for his CHOICE to go to Alabama.  Atleast Lofton WANTED to go to UK but was denied. 
I down Alexander for going to Alabama. I have never given accolades to that man for anything. I hate the guy. He is a no good peice of trash. Thats the same way i feel about Lofton. And also, Alabama in football is NOT EVEN CLOSE to our rivalry in basketball with the Volunteers.
Your viewpoint is well skewed beyond reality.  You want to down any player who doesn't go to their home area colleges, even if they wanted to but were denied.  Then you want to trash talk them more when they go somewhere that they were accepted and have begun to excel?  If you have a problem with Chris Lofton not playing for UK, you need to take that up with Coach Smith and his recruiting process and assistants. 
[/quote]

He wanted to wear the 'Big Blue' but nooooooooooo, Tubby wouldn't have it.  Thanx Tubby.  If he plays this hard with Tennessee on his chest, just imagine how much more effort he would have given with KENTUCKY across the chest.

corndog......If you were a HS athlete and wanted to play for UK and Tub said no, and you were given a scholly at UT, would you have accepted it and should we HATE you?  Stupid, bud......pure stupid.

I must say I got a big enjoy out of watching a Kentucky boy light up Tubby in Rupp for 31 pts when UT waxed Kentucky last month.  Just wish I could have been the one to do it instead of Lofton. 

....and hating Shawn Alexander because he chose Bammie over UK??  Moronic.  Anyone in their right mind would choose UA football over UK football in a heartbeat.  Give me a break here, corndog.  That's insane and  TBH, really childish.  I imagine because of your youth you don't remember the history of Alabama Football, huh?  Check a sports book out of the library and read up on it, son.  It equals or even surpasses UK basketball.
I despise anyone who will not play for Kentucky. Thats just the way it is. If i had Chris Loftons talents, and was in the same position he was in, i walk on to UK. For crying out loud, i turned down four year academic scholarships from 3 or 4 Universities, to take a 2 year Scholly from KENTUCKY! Thats just the way i am, If you are not with me then you are against me. I dont care if my brother went and played for Tennessee, he would be my enemy!

As for you Yellow Snow, did you enjoy seeing Kentucky go down to Knoxville on senior day and see our most unathletic guy stop Chris Lofton???  Still havent heard from you about that game......
So if you had the choice to get a full ride to a college and get your education or knowing you don't have the money or aid to go to school at all without the scholarship, you wouldn't go to school at all and try to make a better life for yourself or your family?

For some people they don't have choices.  You have to take what's in front of you.  Either you go there, or you don't go anywhere.  You don't always get a luxary pick.
Guess what Tomcat, i dont have the money to attend UK for four years. My family is dirt poor. Guess what, im still at UK. I didnt have a choice. But guess what, i still made one. To come to UK. I dont know how i will afford but i am here!!! This was no luxury pick by any means......
A 2 year scholarship isn't a luxary?  I'd hate to see your definition of a luxary then.  If Tubby would have given Lofton a 2 year scholarship you'd be one of his biggest fans right now and he would have earned the other 2 years of the scholarship. 
2 years here, or 4 years at Marshall, Morehead or EKU. Tell me how i picked the "luxury"
A luxary over someone who was offered NOTHING.  You may have picked the least of the luxaries, but a scholarship is a luxary none the less.
Trust me tomcat, if lofton was REALLY a UK fan, he would have been in lexington last year. I have no doubt about that. Bottom line is we need to not worry about what that peice of garbage is doing below us and we need to worry about what our own team will be doing the next 2 years. Im sick of hearing his name.
If you're sick of hearing his name, don't open up and post in threads that have his name on them.  Lofton IS and WAS a UK fan.  He wanted to attend UK.  He didn't have the means to go without a scholarship.  For his future, would it have been smart to just sit and home and get a job and never play basketball again because his favorite team didn't give him a scholarship?  Or was it in his best interest to take one of the few scholarships he did receive and make a better life for himself and family?
I dont care what his best interests were, if he WANTED to be here, he would be here right now!!!!  sure, he might think it would have been cool to be here, but he never WANTED to be here. If he did, then he would be here.......
Forget it Tomcat68.  It's impossible to reason with a lunatic.  Anyone who suggests turning down a free educaton at a neighboring state school in order to pay your way at an instate school is just plain nuts.... Rolleyes
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=21149.msg215011#msg215011 date=1142973301]
Forget it Tomcat68.  It's impossible to reason with a lunatic.  Anyone who suggests turning down a free educaton at a neighboring state school in order to pay your way at an instate school is just plain nuts.... Rolleyes
[/quote]
Listen, it was a decision he made and I think your in no place to call him a lunatic for making this choice. This has been his dream to attend the university and he went for it...IMO that doesnt make him a lunatic I admire anyone who would do something like this...
Big Props Corn
I agree with Tomcat here.  I hope Lofton has a great career at Tenn. and in the NBA.
Yellow Snow.....This has always been my dream to come here. When was the last time you had the oppurtunity to complete a life long dream of your own and you turned it down. To me there was no choice in the matter....I did what i dreamed of doing, now tell me someone who doesnt try to do what they dream to do!!!!! HOW DARE YOU call someone a LUNATIC who was completing a LIFELONG dream! Classless Snow.....
OK corndog....maybe 'lunatic' was a bit too harsh.....just messin' with you bud. No harm, no foul.......but I still think you're nuts. lol
^ i can take that! lol
You're OK corndog.........
hate him or love him.. your wildcats missed out.. end of story..
Missed out on what?? a short guard who cant play defense and shoots it every time he has the ball???? we alreasy have one of those.....please....
Lofton could have been the difference in at least 5 or 6 of UK's 13 losses this season.
Yellow Snow Wrote:Lofton could have been the difference in at least 5 or 6 of UK's 13 losses this season.

Would have, could have, should have..Who really cares..He isn't on UK's team..End of story...
Pages: 1 2 3