Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Possibility of OJ Mayo and Bill Walker at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard from a friend that he heard a while back that ESPN interviewed OJ, and he said that former Cinncinatti basketball coach Huggins may be applying for an assistant coaching job at UK, and that if he gets the job, OJ and Bill will follow him to Kentucky. Wouldn't this get Tubby back on track? Wow what a sign these two would be for UK!!!
ABSOLUTELYL NO WAY will either Billy Walker or OJ Mayo come to UK and play Tubby ball where they'll have both cheeks firmly planted on Tubby's bench because of making a defensive error or for taking a bad shot.  They're not that stupid ( see Brandon Wright, Thaddeous Young, Tyler Hansborough ).  Players who intend to take their game to the next level want to go to a school (see names above) where they can showcase their talents without being benched for 'spectacular plays' as Tubby tends to do.  The word is already out on Tubby.  All the top players communicate with each other in the Nike Camps and others.  UK isn't going to get these 'superstar recruits'.  OJ and Bill will NEVER wear Kentucky blue.....at least as long as Tubby's there.
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=21020.msg213003#msg213003 date=1142634590]
ABSOLUTELYL NO WAY will either Billy Walker or OJ Mayo come to UK and play Tubby ball where they'll have both cheeks firmly planted on Tubby's bench because of making a defensive error taking a bad shot.  They're not that stupid ( see Brandon Wright, Thaddeous Young, Tyler Hansborough ).  Players who intend to take their game to the next level want to go to a school (see names above) where they can showcase their talents without being benched for 'spectacular playe' as Tubby tends to do.  The word is already out on Tubby.  All the top players communicate with each other in the Nike Camps and others.  UK isn't going to get these 'superstar recruits'.  OJ and Bill will NEVER wear Kentucky blue.....at least as long as Tubby's there.
[/quote]

I have to agree
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=21020.msg213003#msg213003 date=1142634590]
ABSOLUTELYL NO WAY will either Billy Walker or OJ Mayo come to UK and play Tubby ball where they'll have both cheeks firmly planted on Tubby's bench because of making a defensive error taking a bad shot.  They're not that stupid ( see Brandon Wright, Thaddeous Young, Tyler Hansborough ).  Players who intend to take their game to the next level want to go to a school (see names above) where they can showcase their talents without being benched for 'spectacular playe' as Tubby tends to do.  The word is already out on Tubby.  All the top players communicate with each other in the Nike Camps and others.  UK isn't going to get these 'superstar recruits'.  OJ and Bill will NEVER wear Kentucky blue.....at least as long as Tubby's there.
[/quote]

It'd be fine with me if they don't come to UK...Two thugs that care more about themselves than winning wouldn't help Kentucky...You keep saying UK needs players that want to win, and would represent Kenutucky well, but then you want two players who don't care about anyone but themselves, and have been in trouble numerous times once for beating up a student in the halls of their high school...

You say all the players talk to one another about not coming to Kentucky..Well I guess Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson didnt hear that because they are looking foward to coming as is Phil Jones who is also being recruited by UCONN very hard...Tyler Smith must not have heard that either because he is between Kentucky and Memphis...An already top 10 class, with perhaps Jones and Smith to follow...Yeah that's pretty awful right there isn't it?

I'll be fine without Mayo and Walker for one season at UK because they would kill team chemistry, and the name Kentucky means nothing to either of them..It's all about them...
I agree with both alfus and yellow snow on this one.
I would find it hard to believe they'd attend UK with Smith at the helm, as well.  Personally I'd like to see them go to a smaller market team and have a chance to totally exploit their talents against the best in the nation and see what they can do.  Of course, that won't happen, but it'd be interesting to see.
Marshall,  I think jervous(sp) maybe gone and Huggy there,  just so the boys could play at home for one season.