Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentuckiana Prep Sports Recruiting Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
President Kentuckiana Prep Sports Recruiting Service
Ricco Hughes

What does anyone know about this?

They are hosting

Kentucky vs Tennessee Future Stars All Star Games were a great leap forward in our second year. On April 29th 2012 we will host our Future Stars elite combine/tryouts. During this combine the athletes will learn, compete, and create exposure for their football skills before going to high school. Last years game produced several 9th graders that started or contributed at the varsity level. The 7th grade Future Stars game produced several middle school All State performers. We believe the coaching and skills training allowed these young athletes to capitalize from the momentum created by the Kentucky Future Stars All Star Event. Our goal is to identify the best current 7th & 8th grade football players in the State of Kentucky.
They have a huge tryout in th Louisville Trager Center. They have a 7th grade tryout. Then the 8th grade follows that. Then they pick the team from evaluations from each of the coaches.

Last year, they stayed the week before the game at EKU practicing and then rode charter buses to Carson Newman and played.

Leslie Co. had a 7th grader (Blake Asher) and an 8th Grader (Mike Smith) in the games.
How long will it take the coaches to post the players that are chosen for the team ? Will that be decided the day of the combine ?
N.o the team is decided over the next week or two. Most of the spots are decided on size and speed. The only problems i have seen is one several positions are decided before the kids show up due to the guy mentioned is a little league coach for the pcc bears in louisville ky. The other problem is several of the players mentioned last yr they paid money and were supposed to be going on tours of several college campuses and they never got a tour. This is not kymsfa . This team has never beat tennessee at either level yet i truly believe if either fbu squad lined up with tennessee last yr we go 2-0.
I would think that alot of the same kids that played in the FBU games would show up for this combine .
No. We had 2kids from south,1 kid from north,3 kids from bell,2 from paitsville and several from knox and i am sure very few of these kids will show up 4 hrs for a combine that is run by louisville little league coaches. 2 yrs ago the coach from lone oak posted a warning on here.hey some of my good players went returned not on that team and he said he would not support it because it was not kymsfa ran. Unless these guys are willing to reach out and try to include kymsfa coaches in the selection or the coaching there of we will keep gettin our as-es handed to us in this series
The KMSFA is NOT affiliated with this event.
i wish thy would ask th fbu ky team to play tn team i dont think tn i dont think tn would have a easy time beating that team.
I agree . Tennesse would be in for a great game several great ball players from down. I meet alot of great players last yr. You have a great Qb coming back Im sure they would like to see him show up.
How did the combine go today? Any standouts?
zyaire hughes ran a 4.45 40 looked great in th reciever postion.alot the team ky players were there.mostly lineman,alot of meat. cant beleive some have grown since jan.castle hatcher looked really good.cant wait to see who makes the team i thought it was a great turn out.
When and where will the roster be posted for the young men that made the team?
The rosters were posted today. Congratulations to all these young men. And a word to all that didn't make it..... selection is not ever perfect with these types of teams and you should never get discouraged if you get over looked. I did not see a bad athelete in the building and any team in ky would be lucky to have you. I wish you all the best of luck this season.

KENTUCKY FUTURE STARS 7TH GRADE ROSTER

Bryce Webb Bryant Robinson Jr
Jordan Doan Sa'von Brewer
Montae Robinson Walker Wood
Walter Chambers Domonick Lewis
Trinton Ashburn Raiden Anderson
Tyon Pearson Jake Taylor
Zyan Bethel Justin Richie
Andre Anglin Andrew Davis
Nathan Collett Sam Taylor
Michael Bridgewater Kendal Brock
Isaac Martin Chandler Simpson
Trey Perkins Anthony Timmering
Brendan Sullivan Gerald Sumlin
Thomas Crawford Ryan Sears
Woodford Lankford Koby Anderson
Collin McCurdy Jaylin Ray
Jaylen Mack Dylan Cooper
Nolan Childress Drew Bledsoe
Jayden Washington Isaiah Matney
Juan Price Alec McGuire
Dominic Allgeier James Simpson

Alternates:1 Nicholas Rice
2 Matthew Holder
3 Trey Tucker
4 Bryson Washington
5 Christian Reeves

KENTUCKY FUTURE STARS 8TH GRADE ROSTER

Bryant Colvin Wyatt Blevins
Wells Purdom Derek Dorsey
Requan Grier Colin Carpenter
Jack Moreland Tyler Garcia
Darrell Colyar Nathan Murray
Charles Smallwood Isiah Arnold
Drake Jackson Tucker Donlon
Darion Newbolt Tyler Lyttle
David Daniels Derek Griffin
Vincent Lacoco Seth Houchens
David Harris Damon Lowe
Devon Key Devin Gentry
Jamison White Landon Hurst
Gerrome Kohn Reece West
Nicholas Alevras Zyaire Hughes
Blake Asher Keion Wakefield
Aubrey Haynes Malik Frank
Marcus Clark Jordan Thompson
Ronnie Smith Lavontre Skinner
Keyontae Parris Matthew Smith
Omari Alexander Mason Alstatt
Terrell Scruggs Logan James
Myron Norfleet Castle Hatcher
Clay Bolin Noah Tubridy
Hunter Trueman Dominic Holly

Alternates:
1 Kevin Whitaker
2 Quan Walker
3 Karlos Love
4 Antonio Cheatham
5 Tim Comstock
6 Kendon Young
7 Evan Hickerson
8 Collin Portman
9 Stephen Jones
10 Michael Hiestand
11 Justin Karem
Sorry! First roster was hard to read.

KENTUCKY FUTURE STARS 7TH GRADE ROSTER

Bryce Webb - Bryant Robinson Jr
Jordan Doan - Sa'von Brewer
Montae Robinson - Walker Wood
Walter Chambers - Domonick Lewis
Trinton Ashburn - Raiden Anderson
Tyon Pearson - Jake Taylor
Zyan Bethel - Justin Richie
Andre Anglin - Andrew Davis
Nathan Collett - Sam Taylor
Michael Bridgewater - Kendal Brock
Isaac Martin - Chandler Simpson
Trey Perkins - Anthony Timmering
Brendan Sullivan - Gerald Sumlin
Thomas Crawford- Ryan Sears
Woodford Lankford - Koby Anderson
Collin McCurdy - Jaylin Ray
Jaylen Mack - Dylan Cooper
Nolan Childress - Drew Bledsoe
Jayden Washington - Isaiah Matney
Juan Price - Alec McGuire
Dominic Allgeier - James Simpson

Alternates:1 Nicholas Rice
2 Matthew Holder
3 Trey Tucker
4 Bryson Washington
5 Christian Reeves

KENTUCKY FUTURE STARS 8TH GRADE ROSTER

Bryant Colvin- Wyatt Blevins
Wells Purdom- Derek Dorsey
Requan Grier - Colin Carpenter
Jack Moreland - Tyler Garcia
Darrell Colyar - Nathan Murray
Charles Smallwood - Isiah Arnold
Drake Jackson - Tucker Donlon
Darion Newbolt - Tyler Lyttle
David Daniels - Derek Griffin
Vincent Lacoco - Seth Houchens
David Harris - Damon Lowe
Devon Key - Devin Gentry
Jamison White - Landon Hurst
Gerrome Kohn - Reece West
Nicholas Alevras - Zyaire Hughes
Blake Asher - Keion Wakefield
Aubrey Haynes- Malik Frank
Marcus Clark - Jordan Thompson
Ronnie Smith - Lavontre Skinner
Keyontae Parris - Matthew Smith
Omari Alexander - Mason Alstatt
Terrell Scruggs - Logan James
Myron Norfleet - Castle Hatcher
Clay Bolin - Noah Tubridy
Hunter Trueman - Dominic Holly

Alternates:
1 Kevin Whitaker
2 Quan Walker
3 Karlos Love
4 Antonio Cheatham
5 Tim Comstock
6 Kendon Young
7 Evan Hickerson
8 Collin Portman
9 Stephen Jones
10 Michael Hiestand
11 Justin Karem
Congratulations to the 2 Bell County boys that made the team:

7th grade - Nathan Collett

8th grade - Nathan Murray

I'm sure these two will represent Bell County well...Good job boys.
8th grade team is loaded and will compete well . 7th has good ball players at least 2 of teh fastest in the state but they need alot of work just to COMPETE.
Congratulations to all!
I see my son's name on the roster...what does it mean? Will there be actual games? How do I find out?
Did your son try out for the team? If so they should be in contact by tomorrow to offer the position to him. Go to this web site for contact information on the organization that sponsors this. http://Www.kprepsports.com

The kids chosen will take on Tennessee on June 16th. 7th grade starts at 1 and 8th grade will follow. It will be played at St.X high school in Louisville.
BIG RN Wrote:8th grade team is loaded and will compete well . 7th has good ball players at least 2 of teh fastest in the state but they need alot of work just to COMPETE.

I 100% agree with you Big RN! That 8th grade squad is impressive! The 7th will have their hands full! Hopefully we will have the speed advantage on the 7th grade side because we will not have the size advantage. Either way I am ready for some football!!!
Green County had 5 7th graders and 1 8th graders make the team.

During the tryouts the 8th grade has some of the VERY BEST football players at that age I have seen. I agree Jumper I"M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL too!!!!!!!!!!!!
when i was was in eight grade if you saw a kid that was 6' 2" 250lbs he was a college player.now these kids are huge. isaw couple standing next to some louisville football players looked like they played on the same team.i think we have a real shot at beating tn this year.if they will all work togather and give 110% effort we wont have any trouble winning this thing.
I definitely think since guys like zaire,keontae,nathan,and several others decided to be apart of the team it got much better. I also remember 2 years ago watching 2 of the best athletes in the state play just defense and lose in a close game that should have been ky's. If the players are missed played it doesnt matter who you have you can and very possibly will lose. Tennessee takes this s-it very seriously. I wish that the 2 fbu teams from ky played them because they would be in for much better games. Hopefully, kymsfa extends the offer to tennessee to play the real ky teams next yr.:1:
Does anyone know when Fox Sports will be airing the game ?
freeagent Wrote:Does anyone know when Fox Sports will be airing the game ?

The game will be aired delayed at 10pm on fox sports south on the 16th. Only 8th grade game will be aired.

Game time has also been changed to 12pm and the 8th grade will play first. Game location is at St. Xavier Highschool in Louisville.
After being a part of the coaching staff of this event I would not recommend this event for future athletes.
What can you tell us about your experience with k prep briar jumper ?
Gameman Wrote:What can you tell us about your experience with k prep briar jumper ?

Where to start??? I coached on the 8th grade squade with some of my fellow highschool coaches. The all star game was ran more like a little league camp with no respect to age and athleticism. For example; the first day we practiced for a total of 6 hours with at least 50 plays of full contact at the end of that day, keep in mind we started practicing wed around 1030 and had to play game sat at 12. Second day had 3 practices and ended on about 30 plays of full contact. Third day had 2 practices helmets only because heat index was high according to Lindsey Wilsons trainer. Our number 1 qb got benched for first quarter over hiding someones candy. The 8th grade head coach runs a very typical little leage offense with a very talented group of young men. He did not use the strength of his offense at all. I did not feel like anyone on offense learned anything that will help them in highschool.

My son played on 7th grade team. several good coaches except for the head coach who was classless and had no business working with 7th graders. They had more contact plays than we did and the coach said he was going get them in shape. All you do in 3 days is break them down with that mentality! Then before last practice 2nd day a kid stole some candy and the coaching staff decided to run, bear crawl, and up down the kids until someone admitted to it. Some one broke and told on the kid. Coach kicks him off field for talking back to him and as he is walking by threatened the whole staff with his family from louisville! My son recieves a pulled groin from the bear crawl and this kid starts second series of game!!!! After threatening coaches and telling them to go f*** themselves he should've been kicked off the team but he plays before the kid who admitted to hiding someones candy. It seemed that the man running this didn't give a S*** about the seventh grade team.

I could say much more but I will leave you with it was very poorly ran and I would not trust them with my son again. And to dispell the thought of me being mad about my sons playing time, he was the starter until he got hurt and played both ways on sat until trainer said he couldn't go anymore.

I will say this! If our staff had coached this team we would have beat Tennessee!! As for the kids they were tough, talented and very coachable. They gave 100% at all times never complained and deserved to win that game!!!
i really thought the head coach was the coach from sommerset until the nite before.i was a little suprised.i know for a fact we should have won that game.you saw what the fastest kid on the team could do the last 45 seconds.we should have used him more.i dont like to loose.my son did have a great time loved his defensive line coach and enjoyed being with all the other players.thanks to all the coaches for giving their time to the kids.
I helped with the FBU 7th grade team from Ky this year. We only had 2 practices before the game. We beat an Illinois team that was put together like this 7th grade team. Few stars, and some good ball players. We crushed them. The team selection is based on a little league coaches hand picks and some picked by the stars that were anounced as being at the tryout. I had several players that went and 1 six grader who was told he made the team before he tried out. I wonder how it would have been if KYMSFA contacted these guys in tennesse and told them we would be willing to put this on. My son refused to tryout for this team because he understood how it operated and said "if this is how they do it we'll get killed because tennesse takes this very serious." He also played on the FBU team last year and realized the caliber ball players that we are capable of putting on the field.3 yrs of putting this on little league administrator 0 wins Tennesse 6. The reason the 8th grade did much better was several FBU 8TH GRADERS.GARCIA,MURRAY,HURST,HUGHES,PARRIS,HATCHER to name a few. Sorry to any of the 8th graders i missed.The 7th grade had 2 that i recognized.Both of whom were running backs. Please Ricco give the game up. Tennesse already thinks there better no sense in going in unprepared. Tell KYMSFA to take this over so we WILL win soon otherwise i'm with the coach who spoke earlier no good ball players ought to continue to go.
Pages: 1 2