Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Women get a 5 SEED!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:party:

[move]UK women will be a number 5 seed and open against Chattanooga[/move]
"times are changing in Lexington," ESPN analyst/anchor Trey Wingo
That is so true now we will become national powers in both men and womens basketball.
WOW they get seeded higher than the men.
Kentucky women's basketbal is more exciting than the men's team.  At least they give 100% every time they take the court.  Can't say that about Tubby's Tabby's.
Very happy with the womens ball team this year. They will play Chattanooga saturday at 2:00 on ESPN or ESPN2 i dont remember.
GO CATS!
Glad to see UK Womens get into the Tourney. Demoss has done a great job with the Lady Cats and good luck!
amen
This is great for all UK fans.  Good luck Lady Cats.  I feel this may be the only chance for a title this year.

:bow:
[quote author=BelfryJustice link=topic=20839.msg210809#msg210809 date=1142303527]
This is great for all UK fans. Good luck Lady Cats. I feel this may be the only chance for a title this year.

[/quote]

They have less of a chance to win this tournament then the men do to win their tourny.
Way to go Sara Elliott!!!!!  :thumpsup:
Sara Elliot is definitely a baller freak!
So happy for DeMoss and the Lady Cats !!!

Yeah our cats are only going to get better
Any chance Tubby could take a few pointers from Mickie on how to make a team look exciting?

[Image: c-a-t-s.gif]
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20839.msg211388#msg211388 date=1142381081]
Any chance Tubby could take a few pointers from Mickie on how to make a team look exciting?

[/quote]

Do you ever stop bitching or is it just me?
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20839.msg210873#msg210873 date=1142306723]
[quote author=BelfryJustice link=topic=20839.msg210809#msg210809 date=1142303527]
This is great for all UK fans. Good luck Lady Cats. I feel this may be the only chance for a title this year.

[/quote]

They have less of a chance to win this tournament then the men do to win their tourny.
[/quote]

I totally disagree with that!  I think the lady cats just might beat the guys this year.  LOL
[quote author=BelfryJustice link=topic=20839.msg211498#msg211498 date=1142388874]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally disagree with that!  I think the lady cats just might beat the guys this year.  LOL
[/quote]

Im guessing you dont realize that no team lower then a 3 seed has ever won the tourny........
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20839.msg211509#msg211509 date=1142389832]
[quote author=BelfryJustice link=topic=20839.msg211498#msg211498 date=1142388874]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you are missing what I am saying.  The guys have done nothing but depress me this year and the girls have done nothing make a great turn around from years past. 

[/quote]

Im guessing you dont realize that no team lower then a 3 seed has ever won the tourny........
[/quote]

You are missing what I am saying.  The guys have done nothing but depress me and the girls have made a great turn around compared to years past.
[quote author=Geraldo Rivera link=topic=20839.msg211393#msg211393 date=1142381200]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm guessing it's you.... :no:  I take it you're unfamiliar with KSR?
discrace to the men's basketball team to seed higher.
:party:  good luck Lady Cats!!!
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20839.msg211569#msg211569 date=1142392721]
[quote author=Geraldo Rivera link=topic=20839.msg211393#msg211393 date=1142381200]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I am :lol:
[quote author=Geraldo Rivera link=topic=20839.msg211736#msg211736 date=1142409430]
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20839.msg211569#msg211569 date=1142392721]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I am :lol:
[/quote]

Then check it out.  CLICK THIS LINK  More Tubby bitchin' here than I could ever do and almost all of it coming from UK fans complaining about Tubby ball..... :argue:

CLICK THIS LINK for the ultimate anti-Tubby UK chat board.  :thumpsup:

Here's a sample of one of the posts on Dynasty Defenders:  Most are more intense than this.

I was at that UAB game and Richardson was right there cheering every move that UAB made that Sunday afternoon.

I used to be in the school of "lets get the absolute best guy available"

Now I want everyones ass fired at UK starting at the top and going down if they are not connected to UK in some form or another. Todd is in fact part of the UK family since he went there. He though needs to get involved in the process to insure that UK basketball does not become the UCLA of the 2000's.

As far as Mitch goes, he has no connection to UK other than collecting a paycheck. He is a bean counter that got lucky. If you want to see a real AD in action just drive 75 miles to the east and youll find a guy that imo has done one hell of a job. Hate him or hate him, he runs circles around MB. Id guess no neck laughs everyday heading off to work thinking how can I do another number on MB today.

Tubbianne, of course views the all time greatest position you can be awarded in all of basketball at any level as "just a job". He said it himself, and honestly I applaud him for the candor. It is what it is too him and he proves that above statement with each and every game.

So give me a KY man for the AD's job and of course the HC job.

My first swipe at all this is Dan Issel for AD. And by the way anyone that thinks he wouldnt listen have never met Dan Issel. He loves UK and his heart never left here. He well might take that position.

For head coach, I will probably take a slight swipe at Matta, just to see the interest, but my sights would be set on John Pelephry. My reasons for JP are simple.

Reason 1 JP bleeds blue
Reason 2 JP bleeds blue

Reason 3 JP is from Paintsville KY. If any of you have been to Paintsville you know how JP grew up and his love of his University.

Reason 4 JP grew up at the feet of the master in his heyday. Coach Pitino. JP runs those same playes today as he did in 89-90.

Reason 5 He learned the basics of teaching and practices with Eddie Sutton. Eddie has had his problems but he was a great X's and O's guy in his day. JP was his assistant at OSU.

Reason 6 We are desperate for talent. JP in his last season as head assistant at FL was voted the #1 recruiter in the country by other coaches. JP would immediately bring the talent level up in a matter of a year or two vs our present situtation.

Reason 7 JP has proven something already in his young career that our present coach has never done. That is build a team from scratch and institute a whole new system and take that team to the NCAA's from ground zero.

I know there will be lots of growing pains for JP, but he is the one man that can pull the Big Blue Nation back together. We are fractured now, and will be as long as Tubbinanne remains. In fact there is absolutely nothing imo that Tubbianne can do to mend the Big Blue Nation back together. I think JP knows UK better than anyone from inside out. And us as fans WILL GIVE JP time to do his thing. Just watch him in action.

WIOL

cat2000
Thats some funny stuff right there ^ :lol:
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=20839.msg211967#msg211967 date=1142456793]
[/quote]

Funny?  Not at all.  Pelphrey would bring hustle and pride back to the UK program.  Watching his South 'Bammie team reminds me of Pitino's butt busters.  Would love to see that again at UK.

BTW..something interesting I want to throw at you alfus.....A guy on another chat board was talking about UK hustle or 'the lack of it' under Tubby ball and the 110% hustle of a Roy Williams or coach K team.  He said  "When was the last time you saw a UK player raise his hand to be taken out of a game because of fatigue going all out while on the floor?"  Never.  Then he asked, "How many times during the Dook/UNC game did you see Carolina players constantly be asked to be given a blow and also Dookies.  Many times. (and don't give me this Tubby's teams are in better shape crap.  No team is in worse conditioning that UK teams.  Didn't they have to fire the strength and conditioning coach because of such pitiful shape.)  Fact is Tubby's players don't put out 110% effort.  Lazy, uninspired, out of shape and many other reasons why.  I guarantee you wouldn't see a Pelphrey team (just watch South Bammie) play Tubby ball.

.....you want to really know what's funny??  It's called Tubby ball.
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20839.msg211975#msg211975 date=1142457349]
[/quote]

Funny?  Not at all.  Pelphrey would bring hustle and pride back to the UK program.  Watching his South 'Bammie team reminds me of Pitino's butt busters.  Would love to see that again at UK.
[/quote]

Im pretty sure Tubbys team hustles and has pride, it's just not coming together this season...But I guess its just a matter of opinion..Tubby isn't going anywhere by the way, but please keep coming up with your fantasy ideas and posting them, because they're great...
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20839.msg211975#msg211975 date=1142457349]
[/quote]

BTW..something interesting I want to throw at you alfus.....A guy on another chat board was talking about UK hustle or 'the lack of it' under Tubby ball and the 110% hustle of a Roy Williams or coach K team. He said "When was the last time you saw a UK player raise his hand to be taken out of a game because of fatigue going all out while on the floor?" Never. Then he asked, "How many times during the Dook/UNC game did you see Carolina players constantly be asked to be given a blow and also Dookies. Many times. (and don't give me this Tubby's teams are in better shape crap. No team is in worse conditioning that UK teams. Didn't they have to fire the strength and conditioning coach because of such pitiful shape.) Fact is Tubby's players don't put out 110% effort. Lazy, uninspired, out of shape and many other reasons why. I guarantee you wouldn't see a Pelphrey team (just watch South Bammie) play Tubby ball.

.....you want to really know what's funny?? It's called Tubby ball.
[/quote]

Im assuming you didnt wthce basketball at UK for the first 8 years uf tubbys era!  My goodness yellow snow, do you not remember that sickening defense we polayed with cliff, gerald, and erik? Tell me those guys werent hustling!! THIS year they are not, but how can you say tubbys teams dont hustle, this is one year snow, one freaking year. Bive me a break with your "Tubby's teams dont try" crap. Get that crap out of here.