Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA Tourny Snubs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the teams that should have been in the tourny and didnt make it?
Cincy
South Carolina
Cincinatti definately.
Missouri State: Had 20 wins and finished in a tie for second in the highly competitive Missouri Valley, but only had four wins in 11 chances against the five other top teams. Great RPI was overcome by a lack of nonconference name wins and a quarterfinal loss in the MVC tourney to Northern Iowa.

Hofstra: The Pride fell to UNC Wilmington in the CAA final and came up just short of an at-large. They beat league co-champ George Mason twice in the final 10 days of the season, but a weak nonconference schedule was too much to overcome.

Creighton: The computer numbers had CU behind every other Valley at-large candidate. Josh Dotzler's absence for three late-season losses apparently wasn't enough to wipe out a quarterfinal loss in the MVC tourney.

Cincinnati: Losing Armein Kirkland torpedoed a very promising season and a couple of big wins down the stretch weren't enough to avoid the snub after the heartbreaking loss to Syracuse in the first game in the Big East Tournament.

Florida State: One big win over Duke, a 9-7 mark in the ACC and a bunch of close losses weren't enough to make up for a terrible nonconference schedule and a bad loss to Wake Forest in the ACC tourney's first round.

Michigan: Seven losses in their last nine games took the Wolverines from a virtual lock for the field to an NIT slot. Injuries were an issue, but looking disinterested in a Big Ten quarterfinal loss against Minnesota probably eliminated them.

Maryland: The loss of Chris McCray at midseason really defused the Terps. They struggled down the stretch, winning only five of their final 13 games, with no real quality wins in that stretch.
I don't have a snub other than what has been posted..but I do think that George Washington got screwed over with their 8 seed...they don't even have Pops Mensa-Bonsu (sp?) with them right now..and they still only had two losses on the season..how can you give this team that low of a seed..I'm sorry but their needs to be some people who actually know what they're doing to be behind this bracketology stuff...
[quote author=SVHSFootball link=topic=20801.msg210091#msg210091 date=1142213997]
I don't have a snub other than what has been posted..but I do think that George Washington got screwed over with their 8 seed...they don't even have Pops Mensa-Bonsu (sp?) with them right now..and they still only had two losses on the season..how can you give this team that low of a seed..I'm sorry but their needs to be some people who actually know what they're doing to be behind this bracketology stuff...
[/quote]

that is true they were ranked in the top 10 #6 i believe? they only had 2 loses. and leaving out Cincy is pretty sad even with there loss in the first round of the big east tourney
Well Cincy for one, Missouri State. And South Carolina couldnt be a snub, remember they had to win the SEC to get in.
IMO south carolina should have been in and I think there a sure shot to win the NIT two years running!
alot of teams