Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3)Duke 78 (11)Boston College 76 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[tt]BC had this one but they let JJ take it away.  BC BLEW this one.  But one worry for DUKE is if someone shuts JJ down or he gets hurt they're DONE!  WIth him they could win it all.  The 3 ball at the end killed BC and only hitting 1 of 3 FT's with about 1:30 minutes to go didn't help either for BC[/tt]
Redick is unbelievable.
The game was close the whole time... if anything Duke almost gave it away because they had leads of 10 twice throughout the game but couldn't shut BC down... Paulus and McRoberts really stepped it up... Paulus didn't turn it over as much as he usually does, and McRoberts was just outstanding... J.J. had his normal J.J. day... what can you say he is Redickulous...
Dook again gets the benefits of the officials.... had a 13-3 advantage at the line with about 2 minutes to play.  Funny how this happens when Dook shoots more 3's (actually 3 times as many) than BC and yet lives at the charity stripe.  These ACC refs are a total joke.  I just hope this 'Dook bias' doesn't carry over to the other officiating crews in the tourney.  I'm sure K is going to lobby to have ACC officials only for their tourney games...... :lol:

Mike Patrick is a complete idiot doing Dook games.  Had to mute the TV just to watch it.
That's rediculous... I mean if BC had driven to the basket instead of throwing it to Smith from the perimeter then they would have gotten more shots at the line... Paulus drove to the basket almost everytime he had it...  BC also had to foul because Duke was ahead at the time...

BC's Line: F Throw % 1st Half:  7-12 58.3%   2nd Half:  3-5  60.0%   Game: 58.8%, they went for the trey because Hinnant was amazing from the arc, or for that matter wherever he shot

Duke's Line: F Throw % 1st Half:  8-10 80.0%   2nd Half: 11-19 57.9%   Game: 65.5%, BC had to foul, plus Duke was driving to the basket...

this is what got BC: Points in the paint-BC 44,DU 26. Points off turnovers-BC 8,DU 21.
on the next to last possession, with 11 seconds left i believe, BC down 2, Smith i think it was got absolutely mugged underneath and no foul was called. dUKe gets the benefit in the ACC. Too bad the ACC officials wont be in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourny when dUKe goes down to the Kentucky Wildcats.
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20792.msg209851#msg209851 date=1142197411]
on the next to last possession, with 11 seconds left i believe, BC down 2, Smith i think it was got absolutely mugged underneath and no foul was called. dUKe gets the benefit in the ACC. Too bad the ACC officials wont be in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourny when dUKe goes down to the Kentucky Wildcats.
[/quote]

Glad you saw that corndog.....your eyesight is 20/20.  Dook gets EVERY call.
So, McRoberts got hit multiple times as well as Sheldon Williams... did they call it? NO... It won't matter who is officiating... Duke is 20+ points better than UK anyway so it wouldn't make a difference...
Both of you all bitch way to much. Refs cant make every call, and they wont make every call to your liking.

Great games by both teams.
Your wrong. It DOES matter who is officiating. I bet if i officiated a dUKe game then whoever they were playing would be 20 points better then dUKe. And thats a FACT. Ill tell you right now i am biased against dUKe and every call i would make would go against them!! What makes you think there arent people out there who are just the opposite of me that would do anything in their power to help dUKe win. Referees are not just referees. They are college basketball fans too........
Honestly... if they were blatantly giving the game to Duke... would they have won by only 2 since it is so obvious they are giving the game away??? You have no argument... you are just jealous UK fans, who are in denial because they aren't good this year
[quote author=cardinalfan27 link=topic=20792.msg209858#msg209858 date=1142197875]
Honestly... if they were blatantly giving the game to Duke... would they have won by only 2 since it is so obvious they are giving the game away??? You have no argument... you are just jealous UK fans, who are in denial because they aren't good this year
[/quote]

Yeh they gave dUKe the game. Theyve done it more then once this year. The reason they only win by 2 is because dUKe sucks!
Thats exactly his problem Cardinal, he is living in the past where Duke dominated UK in 1992, and now he is mad because Kentucky is sucking some major ass here lately...
Last tourny game i remember the 2 playing was in 98. Correct me if im wrong, but Kentucky won that game am i right?
Duke gets a lot of calls in the ACC and we all know that!  This has even been a national topic this year.  I Was hoping for BC.
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20792.msg209860#msg209860 date=1142197971]
[quote author=cardinalfan27 link=topic=20792.msg209858#msg209858 date=1142197875]
[/quote]

Yeh they gave dUKe the game. Theyve done it more then once this year. The reason they only win by 2 is because dUKe sucks!
[/quote]

yeah thats why they beat Texas, who is going to get a #2 SEED,  and beat them down by 31... oh guess what Texas is in the Big 12 and they played on a neutral court... oh another thing... no ACC refs that game... they were Big East refs because the game was at the Meadowlands...

looks like the Dukies play better when they aren't ACC refs...
Yeh, Tennessee dominated Texas too........Does that mean Tennessee is gonna win the national title??
I quit... you can't argue with stupid people or delusional UK fans....or in this case, both...
Yeh, I disagree with you so now im stupid. Typical dUKe fan.
It's not the fact that you disagree... it's the fact you  have nothing to back your argument up... I have watched every Duke game for the past 7 years... They have always been a great FT shooting team... no one talked about WF getting all the calls last year, BTW they never missed when they went to the line, it's just this big media frenzy because it's Duke, sure sometimes they get a call here and there, but its not as lopsided as you people make it out to be... just go and look at the stats... they beat people because they are better not because of the refs... and that's why I don't like arguing about it... I am not your "typical Duke fan"... I just know how good my team is and they don't deserve all this crap they are getting...
You can't argue with someone who rides band wagons Cardinal, just let them think they won the battle and move on and dont post anymore.
Well you cant argue with stats either,  if you dont think that dUke gets the calls then look at the stats and look at free throw attempts and then look at who they were playing and look at there attempts.
http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?D...PSID=22726
Here is a list of free throws attempted by Duke and their opponent in every game this season.  I'm not here to argue, just here to provide the facts for everyone else to use.

Boston University - 4
Duke - 26

Seton Hall - 18
Duke - 19

Davidson - 11
Duke - 17

Drexel - 14
Duke - 28

Memphis - 13
Duke - 25

Indiana - 13
Duke - 14

Virginia Tech - 12
Duke - 21

Penn - 11
Duke - 26

Texas - 12
Duke - 24

Valparaiso - 15
Duke - 36

St. Johns - 15
Duke - 20

UNC Greensboro - 19
Duke - 28

Bucknell - 15
Duke - 22

Wake Forest - 16
Duke - 14

Maryland - 13
Duke - 19

Clemson - 21
Duke - 36

NC State - 16
Duke - 26

Georgetown - 24
Duke - 20

Virginia Tech - 22
Duke - 20

Virginia - 22
Duke - 24

Boston College - 13
Duke - 37

Florida State - 10
Duke - 33

North Carolina - 29
Duke - 24

Maryland - 31
Duke - 31

Wake Forest - 20
Duke - 18

Miami - 16
Duke - 33

Georgia Tech - 10
Duke - 25

Temple - 10
Duke - 39

Florida State - 40
Duke - 17

North Carolina - 23
Duke - 15

Miami - 21
Duke - 23

Wake Forest - 13
Duke - 32

Boston College - 17
Duke - 29

Opponents - 559 total
Duke - 821 total
That about says it.
Thanx for the info Tomcat68.  Just proves what I've been saying all along.  What makes it so crazy is Dook takes more three point shots than any other team.  I could understand the difference in FT's if Dook pounded the ball inside.  The NCAA shoudl investigate this Dook conspiracy.
If only people thought like you Yellow Snow..

No one would starve, no one would live below the poverty line, and everyone would have one hooker to each toe they have...

You say there is a conspiracy, I say you are just jealous that Kentucky sucks.
Congrats to Duke, 7th ACC Title in 8 years. Redick is just plain awesome and can take over a game whenever he wants. Good luck to the Blue Devils and BC as well in the NCAA
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20792.msg209842#msg209842 date=1142196755]
Dook again gets the benefits of the officials.... had a 13-3 advantage at the line with about 2 minutes to play.  Funny how this happens when Dook shoots more 3's (actually 3 times as many) than BC and yet lives at the charity stripe.  These ACC refs are a total joke.  I just hope this 'Dook bias' doesn't carry over to the other officiating crews in the tourney.  I'm sure K is going to lobby to have ACC officials only for their tourney games...... :lol:

Mike Patrick is a complete idiot doing Dook games. Had to mute the TV just to watch it.
[/quote]Look at the advantages at the free throw line for all of the Top 10 and get back to me.
98 why dont you look at them and tell us all what they are. 
98's trying to bait me into doing research for him.......  fat chance.
Pages: 1 2