Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Overrated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WHO CARES!!! I swear what is the obsession with saying, oh so and so is overrated?

Ratings are NOTHING. The selection committee doens't look at them so what does it matter?

I just don't get it, I know it's a pride thing for your school, and yes I like to see my team ranked high, but I don't get the obsession with saying oh well my team's up there but so and so is overrated and making this big long case for it.

Ratings are stupid, pointless, I just don't get it.

Someone explain this to me please.
I posted this right before the tournament started and it got no replies, now that George Mason has done what they have done, does it prove me right or are Ratings valuable at all?

George Mason got exactly 0 votes in the final AP poll.
Team chemistry is as fickle as a 16Yr old girl's "Puppy Loves". Here one minute and gone the next. George Mason has good team chemistry, but who knows how long it might last. They have certainly been the "GIANT" killer in this tourney. So who knows what might happen next. Good luck to all the teams. :Thumbs:
YeGymnasium Wrote:Team chemistry is as fickle as a 16Yr old girls "Puppy Loves". Here one minute and gone the next. George Mason has good team chemistry, but who knows how long it might last. They have certainly been the "GIANT" killer in this tourney. So who knows what might happen next. Good luck to all the teams. :Thumbs:
:lmao: You just said that GMU has team chemistry and that is why they are in the Final Four, are you serious?? No mention of talent, good coaching, heart. That might be the funniest thing I've ever read on here! :howdy:
98NCCalum Wrote::lmao: You just said that GMU has team chemistry and that is why they are in the Final Four, are you serious?? No mention of talent, good coaching, heart. That might be the funniest thing I've ever read on here! :howdy:

I think it take all of the above to have team chemistry.

:moon:
BelfryJustice Wrote:I think it take all of the above to have team chemistry.

:moon:
You may be right!
TongueirateSho
98NCCalum Wrote:I posted this right before the tournament started and it got no replies, now that George Mason has done what they have done, does it prove me right or are Ratings valuable at all?

George Mason got exactly 0 votes in the final AP poll.

Ratings don't mean shit come tournament time. Albany probably ranked about 250 almost pulled the unthinkable the opening round. In the tournament its all about matchups.
The playing field is becoming more and more level each year. IMO, kids today aren't as concerned about playing for traditional powerhouses. They want to go where they can play ASAP.

However, I do think the ratings help get too many overrated BIG EAST teams into the dance. Because in everyones eyes if you had 10 or 11 losses in the big east you still were a strong team. I do not think Seton Hall could of beat a Creighton or Missouri State. But that is just my opinion.
98NCCalum Wrote::lmao: You just said that GMU has team chemistry and that is why they are in the Final Four, are you serious?? No mention of talent, good coaching, heart. That might be the funniest thing I've ever read on here! :howdy:

Without the talent to compete, all the team chemistry in the world won't matter. Without team chemistry all the talent in the world won't matter. You have to have a combination of both. Sorry, I thought that this was accepted wisdom. George Mason's chemistry is "cooking" at the right time. I hope that it continues in the Semis so that the best "team" wins.
torQQue Wrote:TongueirateSho

Ratings don't mean shit come tournament time. Albany probably ranked about 250 almost pulled the unthinkable the opening round. In the tournament its all about matchups.
The playing field is becoming more and more level each year. IMO, kids today aren't as concerned about playing for traditional powerhouses. They want to go where they can play ASAP.

However, I do think the ratings help get too many overrated BIG EAST teams into the dance. Because in everyones eyes if you had 10 or 11 losses in the big east you still were a strong team. I do not think Seton Hall could of beat a Creighton or Missouri State. But that is just my opinion.
i agree totally
Rankings are a nice tool for regular season performance, but in a one game elimination, anyone can win. It's what makes the tournament great....
I think that this time of year it comes down to who can handle the pressure and who can't . Ratings don't mean a whole lot when it's "One And Done". Sometimes the teams that are supposed to win "Tighten Up" and play not to lose. While other teams ( That aren't supposed to win ) stay "LOOSE" and play to win. GM just jelled together as a team at the right time. Could make for an interesting "Final Six Minus Two". :Thumbs: