Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Make the case....for UK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, my anti-UK thoughts are no secret here, and that's fine. But I was looknig at some numbers, and there is no chance they should make the tourney unless they go on a run in the SEC tournament.

Look at the record and make the case for me.

They are 2-10 against Top 50 teams, and one of those wins is U of L when they were VASTLY overrated.

Take the name off the jersey and they are on the outside looking in.

Someone make the case for me that they should be in, bring some facts and compare some numbers....
Well not to argue but the were 3-9 against RPI top 50 not 2-10

Twenty wins is good enough for the Wildcats' NCAA tournament-bid hopes. Thanks to 17 points from Randolph Morris and 14 points from Patrick Sparks, Kentucky overcame Mississippi. In 21 minutes of action, Ramel Bradley demonstrated that he is healthy enough to contribute for Tubby Smith. Though the Wildcats' resume includes nine losses to RPI Top 50 clubs, Rajon Rondo & Co. are an impressive 10-6 away from Lexington. A close game at underrated Louisiana State and a victory at Tennessee will impress the selection committee.
3-9, is still not good.

Throw in some REAL bad blowouts and there is not a very strong case.

Now that being said, they should get in over some of these joke MVC teams that have just figured out the RPI.
You want me to make a case for UK getting in the tourney??  Fat chance.  :lol:  I truly thought since they started the SEC tourney they would turn around their mindset and actually bust their butts for 40 minutes until they're eliminated but at the post game interview with Rondo yesterday, he stated "We just didn't come out with any energy today".  WHAT?  Give me a break!! :no:  The one thing I won't do is lie, and IMO, UK does not belong in the tourney.....sorry UK fans. 
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20658.msg207919#msg207919 date=1142003418]
You want me to make a case for UK getting in the tourney??  Fat chance.  :lol:  I truly thought since they started the SEC tourney they would turn around their mindset and actually bust their butts for 40 minutes until they're eliminated but at the post game interview with Rondo yesterday, he stated "We just didn't come out with any energy today".  WHAT?  Give me a break!! :no:  The one thing I won't do is lie, and IMO, UK does not belong in the tourney.....sorry UK fans. 
[/quote]

I think you need to eat a little more yellow snow.
[quote author=Batpuff link=topic=20658.msg207920#msg207920 date=1142003523]
[/quote]
[/quote]haha
[/quote]Good post. They do look like they just don't care.

I have to respect the honesty in your post too, there's very few people who would admit or say the truth of the situation.
[quote author=Batpuff link=topic=20658.msg207920#msg207920 date=1142003523]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Heh...... The snow's about over for this season, Batpuff.  If we get a dusting here in Sorghum City before Spring hits, I may try some.... and I'll save you some too.  :thumpsup: :lol:
98NCCalum......you're gonna have corndog and alfus all riled up with this topic...  :no:  Hope you can take the abuse.    Confusedurrender:
Well, im not all riled up....yet, :lol:

But heres my case. The reason the blowouts will not have very much of an effect is they were WAY early in the season.They have been playing pretty well here recently and that holds more water then what happened early in the year. The RPI is in the top 40 and that is pretty solid. The strength of schedule is 13th which is strong. And the win @ Tennesse on senior night was fantastic. Also since the selection committe started, i beleive there have been no teams in major conferences with 20 wins and an above 500 conference record not get in. Theres my case.

I have another question for you yellow snow and 98. Who gets in instead of kentucky?
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20658.msg207939#msg207939 date=1142006216]
Well, im not all riled up....yet, :lol:

But heres my case. The reason the blowouts will not have very much of an effect is they were WAY early in the season.They have been playing pretty well here recently and that holds more water then what happened early in the year. The RPI is in the top 40 and that is pretty solid. The strength of schedule is 13th which is strong. And the win @ Tennesse on senior night was fantastic. Also since the selection committe started, i beleive there have been no teams in major conferences with 20 wins and an above 500 conference record not get in. Theres my case.

I have another question for you yellow snow and 98. Who gets in instead of kentucky?
[/quote]That's a fair post. There are many bubble teams that are very similar.

I have said before if it comes down to them and a lower conference school they should get it. But I think UC should be in before them.

I beleive both will be in personally.
Ok I am just as big of a UK fan there is out there, but I don't know that they deserve a bid unless they can win today against BAMA. Win today and this topis is a mute point. They will be in and deserver to be. All ya gotta do is win.
Im not riled up, but I think if they win today they are in without question....Even with a loss Joe Lunardi still has them at an #8 seed so it would be hard to completely knock them off the board, and he got 64 out of 65 teams right last year so I put my faith in him over anybody on here....
He has only missed one each of the last six years
UC in before UK now make that case?
Hello anyone want to do that?
[quote author=CatDawg link=topic=20658.msg208062#msg208062 date=1142019282]
UC in before UK now make that case?
[/quote]
I think Uk made their own case today. Don't you? Cincy won't make it. I agree with you.
UK's win over Bama edges them over UC IMO.  If Bama had won, I would have gone with Cincinnati.
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=20658.msg208333#msg208333 date=1142045714]
UK's win over Bama edges them over UC IMO.  If Bama had won, I would have gone with Cincinnati.
[/quote]
I agree. I have thought all along that if UK didn't win this game that they didn't deserve to get it. But they won and I am happy.
[glow=red,2,300]Useless thread....UK IS IN THE TOURNAMENT !!!![/glow]

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: