Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just curious
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did all the squads,cheer and dance teams,get their score sheets after the tropheys were given out after the district tourneys?
I don't know about any other squad but I know that Pike Central was told that thier score sheets were lost. We still have not seen them. Would be nice to see them to see what we need improve on since Belfry beat us out of first Place.Confusedhh:
I can tell you this much, all score sheets should be verified by coaches on the night they are judged. With scores placed on a ranking sheet kept by the judges. Those scoresheets should go into a sealed envelope with the judges signature across the seal. The name of the squad on the front of the envelope. The judge should give those envelopes and ranking sheet to the Tournament Director, who will see to it that those sheets are mailed to the schools on the next business day after the tournament itself. Scoresheets should NEVER be kept by a host cheer coach and they darned well have no business being left @ the coaches house! Most coaches want nothing to do with scoresheets and rightfully so. That is why judges are supposed to work with Tournament Directors! Lost scoresheets.... what a tale!
IISnakE Wrote:I can tell you this much, all score sheets should be verified by coaches on the night they are judged. With scores placed on a ranking sheet kept by the judges. Those scoresheets should go into a sealed envelope with the judges signature across the seal. The name of the squad on the front of the envelope. The judge should give those envelopes and ranking sheet to the Tournament Director, who will see to it that those sheets are mailed to the schools on the next business day after the tournament itself. Scoresheets should NEVER be kept by a host cheer coach and they darned well have no business being left @ the coaches house! Most coaches want nothing to do with scoresheets and rightfully so. That is why judges are supposed to work with Tournament Directors! Lost scoresheets.... what a tale!
Listen I have no reason to tell you a tale. Our coach sighned the score sheets the night we were and was very inpressed with the score we received but the score sheets have not been returned to our coach. We (the parents) have asked time and time again to see them because after she told us that our girls were only deducted four points out of 200 points and we know that those four points that we didn't get was still like getting deducted 100 pts when it comes to competing with Belfry the are a good squad and the comptition between the two squad is always intense. I am NOT A LIAR the score sheet never got back to us maybe someone on this forum can tell me what might happened to them.
Will you get that GIANT PIKE CENTRAL CHIP OFF YOUR SHOULDER? Here again, you've chosen to infer that I was taking the "low road" on you all! When I said "what a tale" I was implying that whoever was conducting that tournament has pulled a LOO-LOO on you all! I was alluding to the series of events that Pikeville found themselves involved in with East Ridge... that one was a tale too! Seriously, you should have received your score sheets in the mail after the tournament was completed. Sheesh... you're really making it hard to agree with you! If you need to "pm" me anytime, please do so before posting in response to my posts... I'd be happy to chat!
IISnakE Wrote:Will you get that GIANT PIKE CENTRAL CHIP OFF YOUR SHOULDER? Here again, you've chosen to infer that I was taking the "low road" on you all! When I said "what a tale" I was implying that whoever was conducting that tournament has pulled a LOO-LOO on you all! I was alluding to the series of events that Pikeville found themselves involved in with East Ridge... that one was a tale too! Seriously, you should have received your score sheets in the mail after the tournament was completed. Sheesh... you're really making it hard to agree with you! If you need to "pm" me anytime, please do so before posting in response to my posts... I'd be happy to chat!
O-kay:igiveup: soory!!!!!!!!!!
NO score sheets were sent to AC concerning the dance team trophy.And the coach was never shown the score.P-Burg won and guess what, the games were played at P-Burg.
Well maybe Pburg won because they were the better team!!
catsfan072 Wrote:Well maybe Pburg won because they were the better team!!
Maybe so. But makes you wonder if they did win legit, why werent the score sheets given out?
rebel mom Wrote:Maybe so. But makes you wonder if they did win legit, why werent the score sheets given out?
Does make you wonder don't it!!
I know for a fact that Pburgs coach never saw their score sheets either. I saw both teams perform and I don't question the scores or the judges decision and I have been highly involved with dance for many years now. It had nothing to do with the games being played at pburg, Pburg just has more difficulty and their reputation of being one of the top teams in the state speaks volumes. If AC coach wants to see their score sheets then all she has to do is contact the VP at pburg and he should have them on file.
cats eye Wrote:I know for a fact that Pburgs coach never saw their score sheets either. I saw both teams perform and I don't question the scores or the judges decision and I have been highly involved with dance for many years now. It had nothing to do with the games being played at pburg, Pburg just has more difficulty and their reputation of being one of the top teams in the state speaks volumes. If AC coach wants to see their score sheets then all she has to do is contact the VP at pburg and he should have them on file.
More difficulty? I dont think so.I also have been involved in dance many years.ACs tricks and turns were far more difficult. And they executed them beautifly.
My question is this, if the results are on file, why hasn't P-burg's coach seen them?Why weren't the score sheets mailed to each of the participating teams? Why on earth would the VP of P-burg have them? Would this be Jerry Butcher? For goodness sakes, why would HE have them... I can't imagine why he would want them... are you sure this is true. All score sheets are to be mailed to the participating teams do not pass "go", do not collect $200.00. No copies on file, no nothing... all that would be good for would be TROUHBLE! That is ridiculous!
:thumpsup: I agree 100%!! Enough of the under-the-table dealing..... The cards should be played on the table!!
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: I agree 100%!! Enough of the under-the-table dealing..... The cards should be played on the table!!
Amen sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Clap:
I just have one more question...

What in the hell is a "trick & a turn"? I have judged several dance competitions and tryouts... I am aware of all of the required dance "turns" and I feel very comfortable judging those along with all of the required "leaps" and so forth... but this "Trickin' stuff" has me baffled. Please explain.
Pburgs coach has not seen them due to the fact that she did not feel there was any reason to see them. Jerry Butcher has the scoresheets becasue he is also teh athletic dir. at pburg as well as the district tourn. director. The scoresheets were given to jerry after each team was judged in a signed and sealed envelope.

I have choreographed for many of the area teams including May Valley, Allen Central Middle, and High school so I know most of AC dancers and Pburgs dancers personally. I know what each team is capable of doing and I know which team has correct technique on turns and leaps. Neither AC or Pburg have perfect teachnique. Not many teams do but the difference in the teams is Pburg has 18 dancers as compared to AC 6 so it is much easier for Pburg to hide their flaws than AC. Also when judging it is easier for a bigger team to draw in a crowd than it is a smaller team. I coached 5 teams last year the biggest team having 20 girls and the smallest having 10 and the team with 10 girls even though they were a very good team did not place as well in any of the competitions they competed at as the team with 20 girls. Now I cannot compare these 2 teams technique wise as the bigger team was elementary age and the smaller team was high school age. I am not trying to dog AC by any means like I said earlier I know many of their dancers personally I just know that teachnique wise yes they many have turns in 2nd but there is a big difference in doing them and doing them correctly. If AC dancers started taking dance classes they have the potential to be a good team they have just have a rough few years with keeping a team together due to having coaching problems. Now that those are fixed the team gets better every year. They just still have a little ways to go before they are on the same level as Pburg but they will get there eventually.
IISnakE Wrote:I just have one more question...

What in the hell is a "trick & a turn"? I have judged several dance competitions and tryouts... I am aware of all of the required dance "turns" and I feel very comfortable judging those along with all of the required "leaps" and so forth... but this "Trickin' stuff" has me baffled. Please explain.

A trick is usually anything other than a leap or turn. Tricks are often similair to break dancing moves and are more common in pom routines than in a jazz routine. An example of a trick that I can give is a flying squirrl. I will try to explain but it may not make much sense. a flying squirrl begins with both hands on the gound the dancer then plies' (bends her knees) does a hand stand with the legs in a straddle position then turns her body to land facing the back with one leg bent and the other straight while sitting on her bottom. Leaps are side leaps, switch leaps, etc and turns are turns in 2nd, doubles, triples, etc. In the past years many new leaps (calyspio, bolero,etc) and turns (leg hold turn, double float, etc) have been developed while the more "old school" tricks are being phased out. Hope this helps
cats eye Wrote:A trick is usually anything other than a leap or turn. Tricks are often similair to break dancing moves and are more common in pom routines than in a jazz routine. An example of a trick that I can give is a flying squirrl. I will try to explain but it may not make much sense. a flying squirrl begins with both hands on the gound the dancer then plies' (bends her knees) does a hand stand with the legs in a straddle position then turns her body to land facing the back with one leg bent and the other straight while sitting on her bottom. Leaps are side leaps, switch leaps, etc and turns are turns in 2nd, doubles, triples, etc. In the past years many new leaps (calyspio, bolero,etc) and turns (leg hold turn, double float, etc) have been developed while the more "old school" tricks are being phased out. Hope this helps

Thankyou! It's always nice when someone with knowledge posts explanations! Knowing the proper terminology and it's definition is always beneficial! Thanks again. I still can not understand why even the athletic director and/or tournament director would keep copies of anything score related. If the score sheets were sealed and signed, seems like they were ready to be dropped into the mail.
IISnakE Wrote:Thankyou! It's always nice when someone with knowledge posts explanations! Knowing the proper terminology and it's definition is always beneficial! Thanks again. I still can not understand why even the athletic director and/or tournament director would keep copies of anything score related. If the score sheets were sealed and signed, seems like they were ready to be dropped into the mail.

I think where this was the first year of ever having a district dance trophy know one really knew what was going on. I know I was soliciated about score sheets and judges because know one at the school really knew how to go about judging the dance teams. Hopefully if they give the award away this coming year things will go smoother. I also don't think it helped that the dance coaches haven't really worked with KAPOS and weren't familair with their process. I know most dance coaches are used to getting their score sheets either after the awards or in the mail. It was never told how to even go about getting the score sheets thats why I assumed that the tourny direc. had them
did anyone get thier score sheets yet?
Not as of yesterday.