Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA Player of the Year Award
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think JJ Redick handed Adam Morrison the award with his performances the past two games.  Anyone disagree???
I wont disagree with you on that one...
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=20448.msg204437#msg204437 date=1141605733]
[/quote]

How so?
[quote author=BFritz link=topic=20448.msg204496#msg204496 date=1141607834]
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=20448.msg204437#msg204437 date=1141605733]
[/quote]

How so?
[/quote]

Sorry, misread it and thought it said "would disagree..........."
Adam's a lock
jj tightened up at the wrong tim to still win this award. Early Christmas present from jj to adam.
Yeah I think Redick handed it over to Morrison as well.
yeah I'm going with Larry Bird, I mean Adam Morrison...he's the most solid player I've watched this year and I think hes a lock
I'd like to go with JJ, but im saying Morrison.
[quote author=BFritz link=topic=20448.msg204432#msg204432 date=1141605594]
I think JJ Redick handed Adam Morrison the award with his performances the past two games. Anyone disagree???
[/quote]

Nope, Morrison will win it now.
I think A.M. has it on lockdown now. It was close before, but I thought he always had it. Now its is hands down
Both Redick and Morison are deserving of the award. J.J. Redick is probably one of the best pure shooters to play college basketball. He can flat out light it up from anywhere on the court, and to be able to shoot free throws makes him that much better. What I like about Adam Morrison is that not only can he set himself and shoot, but he creates for himself too. He can dribble by defenders and shoot a three off balance like no other in the game today. Both players are very talented (as we can see by their #1 and #2 ranking in scoring), but I would have to give the award to Morrison, just because he has almost single handedly made Gonzaga what it is this year. Sure they're in a weak conference, but maybe now they will earn the respect they've been lacking these last 4-5 years.
probally but id love to see what morrison could do all year against good team not the first half of the season. JJ plays all year long against good teams. But morrision will most likely win it
[quote author=StrikeoutKing link=topic=20448.msg205909#msg205909 date=1141700168]
Both Redick and Morison are deserving of the award. J.J. Redick is probably one of the best pure shooters to play college basketball. He can flat out light it up from anywhere on the court, and to be able to shoot free throws makes him that much better. What I like about Adam Morrison is that not only can he set himself and shoot, but he creates for himself too. He can dribble by defenders and shoot a three off balance like no other in the game today. Both players are very talented (as we can see by their #1 and #2 ranking in scoring), but I would have to give the award to Morrison, just because he has almost single handedly made Gonzaga what it is this year. Sure they're in a weak conference, but maybe now they will earn the respect they've been lacking these last 4-5 years.
[/quote]

I agree with everything you say Mr. King, but the difference between Morrison and Redick is that Redick moves so well without the ball and thats the reason he can shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor. Morrison on the other hand gets the ball off set screens and then he can pentrate it to the basket or spot up for three. I would give POY to Morrison because he has to work alot harder than J.J. to earn his points and plus hes bigger and stronger and can do alot more things that Redick cant. Good Post there StrikeOutKing!
Put Morrison in the ACC, and see how well he does.
IMO, He wouldnt do as well as he is in the WCC right now, only because he is so much more talented than everyone else, but still, im saying he will get it because of that.
What adam morrison did earlier in the year to Michigan St. should tell you he can have big games against better competition.
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20448.msg206423#msg206423 date=1141760132]
What adam morrison did earlier in the year to Michigan St. should tell you he can have big games against better competition.
[/quote]

Redick made the race more interesting today by playing like his old-self and hitting threes with men in his face
JJ Redick....No doubt the NCAA POY
I believe redick should get it because the competition he has faced yeah morrisons good. Id like to see this match up one on one.
I think A.M... He is a excellent player! he can shoot extremley well! He even passes the ball! unlike Redick! J.J. as soon as he touches the ball he fires up a shot! so A.M. is the best player in my book!