Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (15) North Carolina 83 (1) Duke 76
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
I just think that is so hilarious that ESPN went all out for Duke like that, and they lost...UNC is tough right now though...Hansbourough(sp) is unbelievable to watch....

...and Duke is falling apart down the stretch just like last year...Big night for JJ....Smile
I LOVE it losing two in a row and on Senior night and to of all team UNC
Congrats unc...glad to see duke go down..
Can you say LOVE IT?
Yeah, It was a great game......all that Dook hype blew up in their and espn's faces....gotta love it

The look of rejection on Redick's face in the final seconds was priceless !!!

Congrats UNC !!!
What a game. Duke (27-3) started out on fire with a 13-2 run that was fueled by 9 points from J.J. Redick as North Carolina (21-6) looked a bit sluggish and weren't hitting their shots. The Tar Heels did get back into the game eventually, taking a 23-22 lead in the first half. As soon as they got the lead they turned the ball over to Duke a couple times as the Blue Devils picked up a couple easy baskets and a pair of free throws from Demarcus Nelson to make the score 28-23. UNC responded with a run of their own to take the lead back at 29-28, but Duke once again responded as Lee Melchionni drained a three and then made an AMAZING hustle play to steal the ball and get it to Demarcus Nelson for a slam to make the score 33-29. UNC would take the lead again at 37-35 at the end of the first half before a Melchionni three would give Duke the halftime lead at 38-37. The second half started off with a couple lead changes, and UNC eventually took the lead for good as Bobby Frasor hit a three to make the score 54-52. Another Frasor three made it 57-52, but Duke responded with a 7-2 run to tie the game at 59, but after that Duke seemed to lose some of the fire and emotion they had coming into this game as UNC went on an 11-0 run. Duke cut into the lead a bit and had it to 72-64, but Tyler Hansbrough for UNC stepped up big providing a crucial three pointer to put UNC up 75-64. On the next possession UNC hit 1/2 free throws which gave them their largest lead of the game at 76-64 late in the game. Duke wasn't finished yet though, as the Devils trimmed the lead back to six at 77-71. On UNC's next possession Reyshawn Terry took a careless shot that didn't even hit the rim, and Duke turned that into a quick transition three by Demarcus Nelson to get the lead back to 77-74 with about a minute and a half to go. Duke had a chance to tie the game but didn't convert, and Bobby Frasor and Tyler Hansbrough for UNC made some clutch free throws down the stretch to seal the victory. Congrats UNC!
Love it, glad Duke got beat
man...i wish ESPN would have had the great idea of showing this game on more channels then the state of the union address....oh wait...they did!! and it blue up in the ESPN bluedevils face!! is the proper time to say the words...

I LOVE IT!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:
i was a little dissappointed that both teams couldnt lose this game, but since one of them had to lose, im glad it was dUKe. if im sticking to my nature, North Carolina was my 2nd favorite team in the country tonight.

And for all you dUKe lovers, in your face.......
:dance:
Way to go UNC!!
Good win for UNC
Great game and Congrats to UNC on the biggest win of the year. Now I am not a UNC fan by all means but Im going to give credit were credit is due to Roy Williams after what he has done with this team this year. I mean he lost his top 7 scorers from last years National Championship may I add. No one would have thought that UNC would be were they are right now, but Williams has put alot of fire into his kids and they are playing great at the right time. I liked on ESPN Classic after the game last night when it re-aired the 1995 Duke UNC Double-OT Classic, that was Awesome with a capital A!.
Congrats UNC
Hansborough should be a Cat hands down but this was a huge win for the Heels, maybe ESPN will realize that putting all that work into all these crazy camera things were a bad idea
Great win for the Heels even though I can't stand them either lol
I was soo happy, ive love the heels for 6 or 7 years. Last years championship was great but i think i would wana see J.J cry on senior night with all that espn did then see mr Roy Williams hold up a throphy congrars to the heels :party: