Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Duke is easy to hate ... until you've been there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow should I be shocked? ESPN giving more press time to Duke? Its beginning to be ri"fin"diculous. They can make a story about anything bout Duke.
I agree....Duke is easy to hate.
God man what does everyone have against duke?!?!?! it kills me that just because a team is good everyone hates on them i for one do not have one problem with DukE.
But maybe thats because i wasnt a uk fan in 92 when DukE beat uk. Now im young and was 5 when that happened but ive heard plenty about it
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:God man what does everyone have against duke?!?!?! it kills me that just because a team is good everyone hates on them i for one do not have one problem with DukE.
But maybe thats because i wasnt a uk fan in 92 when DukE beat uk. Now im young and was 5 when that happened but ive heard plenty about it
Do you hate anyone? Is there any team you can't stand? What are your reasons for not liking them?
Florida and Florida St but thats just because where i used to live in miami and it was just an interstate rival thing. nothing like the DukE uk thing
I'll tell you why i dont like dUKe. Christian Laettner stomped on a kentucky boy and nothing was done about it. Hes a punk, and everyone on here knows it. Thats why i hate dUKe. its not helping that every sports network i watch has coach K all over the place. thats why i hate dUKe. good enough for ya magoffin county??
"corndog23" Wrote:I'll tell you why i dont like dUKe. Christian Laettner stomped on a kentucky boy and nothing was done about it. Hes a punk, and everyone on here knows it. Thats why i hate dUKe.
Dude he graduated like 10 years ago, you're really not over it? That's kind of ridiculous isn't it?

Besides how old were you then? 6?
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Dude he graduated like 10 years ago, you're really not over it? That's kind of ridiculous isn't it?

Besides how old were you then? 6?

all it takes is one thing for me. im not one to forget....and actually it was more like 13 years ago.

John Wilkes Booth shot Abraham Lincoln over 130 years ago, do you like him????
Lee Harvey Oswald, or Jack Ruby, Shot JFK over 40 years ago, do you like them?

listen, you dont just all of the sudden forget what kind of feelings you had when something like that happens. When Christian Laettner did that, it was like he shot the state of Kentucky. It was nothing but disrespect to the team, the state, and the entire fan base. If Coach K will let someone like christian laettner play for him, i will never have respect for him or the university.....thats how it is, and you will NEVER convince me otherwise...
"corndog23" Wrote:all it takes is one thing for me. im not one to forget....and actually it was more like 13 years ago.

listen, you dont just all of the sudden forget what kind of feelings you had when something like that happens. When Christian Laettner did that, it was like he shot the state of Kentucky. It was nothing but disrespect to the team, the state, and the entire fan base. If Coach K will let someone like christian laettner play for him, i will never have respect for him or the university.....thats how it is, and you will NEVER convince me otherwise...

I agree!
"corndog23" Wrote:all it takes is one thing for me. im not one to forget....and actually it was more like 13 years ago.

How old were you then?
Yea h, UK has never had a dirty player. Please.....
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Yea h, UK has never had a dirty player. Please.....

ok then...who?
"98NCCalum" Wrote:How old were you then?

i dont think it matters how old he was. if he remembers, then he was old enough, kapeesh?
"moofer" Wrote:ok then...who?
Are you really going to try and say that their has never been a dirty player paly at UK?

How old were you when the Laettner game happened?

By the way if Laettner hadn't hit the shot, him stomping on the UK player would have been long forgotten........
And then for him to hit the shot when he shouldn't have even been in the game due to stomping on Timberlake. And UK and DUKE have hated each other for years prior to 1992.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Are you really going to try and say that their has never been a dirty player paly at UK?

By the way if Laettner hadn't hit the shot, him stomping on the UK player would have been long forgotten........

i didnt say there wasnt. you brought it up, tell me who there is???

by the way, i was 16 when that game happened and its still fresh in my mind.

Bottom line christian laettner should have never been in the game at the end of it. he should have been long gone.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Are you really going to try and say that their has never been a dirty player paly at UK?

I disagree because when I hear his name the first thing I think of is his foot stomping on Timberlake not the shot.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:How old were you then?

I was 5 years old 98. Thats the FIRST basketball game i can ever remember watching. i remember when laettner did that i looked up to my older brothers and said "you guys kick me all the time and it hurts me. did he hurt him" My brothers told me yes he did hurt him and he's not allowed to do that. I've hated him ever since that moment...had laettner missed the last shot and Kentucky had gone on to a final four, dUKe is still my most hated team...
The stomping made all the difference in the world. Still a vivd image in my head.
I had class with Timberlake he caught hell when he got back to UK for doing anything about it.

As far as dirty players all schools have them somewhere along the line.
The stomping issue happend on National TV in what is considered the greatest game ever played UK fans have a right to bitch.
JMO