Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard or Perry Central?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Give us your opinions on Hazard's Varsity & JV and Perry Central's Black & Red Squad.
what were the results from the 14th region KAPOS competition?
I think that Hazards Varsity is MUCH MUCH better than PCCs boys Varsity. I also think that Hazards JV can beat PCCs girls...I dont think that PCCs boys varsity is that impressive...the only thin that i find impressive is their opening with standing tucks...every thing else is so elementary...of course its clean...but we will see on saturday.
Why all the PCC bashing on these sites? Hazard & PCC don't even compete in the same division. There are no perfect people and no perfect squads. We are talking about teenage girls here just doing the best they can. Shame on you! Good luck to everyone in the 14th region.
perry central! duh! we have a lot stronger tumbling then hazard! all they have is chelsea and gabby. they dont even have full squad tumbling or anything
GO DORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actaully hazard is way better they have fulls of all kinds difficult stunts
squad tumbling means nothing and attitude means everything hazard has that
why doesnt perry county go against hazard and show how much better they are if they are
i agree..if PCC thinks they are soo good then they need to come on into med. and show HHS how good they are (as you say peachesncream). and what happend with flip off at the PCC vs. HHS game? i thought amber donaldson was the star cheerleader so why couldnt she keep up with chelsea combs??
The reuslts are in.  PCC posts top score at 14th Region Kapos.  If coaches didn't show your team the placements, then that is too bad.  Ask your coach.
First of all. I want to say that as a former 14th Region Cheerleader I was very dissapointed with the Competition this past Saturday! As usual Perry Central and Hazard's Cheerleaders were the best... And as for everyone else... Well there is some much needed help! I believe that as the score sheets showed.. Perry Centrals squad is just untouchable! Hazard's girls have some decent stunts but they just lack the squad tumbing and the cleaness that PCC has. Also as someone above mentioned about a "Star Cheerleader"... I'll mention that... It seems that Hazard's "Star Cheerleader" in the middle in all positions. Is the senior.. and as far as I have seen.. She cant even do a cartwheel! Noone... I will repeat... NOONE on PCC's squad stands in the back and dont tumble! So sure... There may be one Cheerleader on your squad with "ALL" of the tumbling... But it's the Squad tumbing that counts... Like "ALL" Standing Tucks!! Good Luck at State to all the teams!  Rolleyes
Both squads are very good.  Hazard has stunts that are much more difficult than Perry Central, but Perry Central has full squad tumbling.  These strengths are why Perry Central chooses to compete in small and Hazard chooses to compete in medium.  I think that trying to compare the two is completely unnecessary because both squads are outstanding.  And as for "star cheerleaders", different people have different strengths, so respect that and do not trash other people.  Cheerleading is a team sport so there should not be any girl that is considered "better" or as the "star cheerleader."  These squads stand out from all others in the region and many in the state and do not compete against each other so I think that they should hold the mutual respect for each other and quit this petty comparing.  I am proud of both squads because they both work hard and it shows.  They are both enjoyable to watch.  Good luck at state to both!   :thumpsup:
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=20283.msg205912#msg205912 date=1141700313]
First of all. I want to say that as a former 14th Region Cheerleader I was very dissapointed with the Competition this past Saturday! As usual Perry Central and Hazard's Cheerleaders were the best... And as for everyone else... Well there is some much needed help! I believe that as the score sheets showed.. Perry Centrals squad is just untouchable! Hazard's girls have some decent stunts but they just lack the squad tumbing and the cleaness that PCC has. Also as someone above mentioned about a "Star Cheerleader"... I'll mention that... It seems that Hazard's "Star Cheerleader" in the middle in all positions. Is the senior.. and as far as I have seen.. She cant even do a cartwheel! Noone... I will repeat... NOONE on PCC's squad stands in the back and dont tumble! So sure... There may be one Cheerleader on your squad with "ALL" of the tumbling... But it's the Squad tumbing that counts... Like "ALL" Standing Tucks!! Good Luck at State to all the teams! Rolleyes
[/quote]

you should know that if it wasnt for her, hazard wouldnt be able to do half of the stunts they can do.  Also, i think that you are wrong about there are some girls on pcc that cant tumble. Bj stepped back in the pike tuck! if that is what you call tumbling then you guys have that down pat dont you?
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=20283.msg205912#msg205912 date=1141700313]
First of all. I want to say that as a former 14th Region Cheerleader I was very disappointed with the Competition this past Saturday! As usual Perry Central and Hazard's Cheerleaders were the best... And as for everyone else... Well there is some much needed help! I believe that as the score sheets showed.. Perry Centrals squad is just untouchable! Hazard's girls have some decent stunts but they just lack the squad tumbing and the cleanness that PCC has. Also as someone above mentioned about a "Star Cheerleader"... I'll mention that... It seems that Hazard's "Star Cheerleader" in the middle in all positions. Is the senior.. and as far as I have seen.. She cant even do a cartwheel! No one... I will repeat... NOONE on PCC's squad stands in the back and dont tumble! So sure... There may be one Cheerleader on your squad with "ALL" of the tumbling... But it's the Squad tumbing that counts... Like "ALL" Standing Tucks!! Good Luck at State to all the teams! Rolleyes
[/quote]

Leave it up to someone from Perry Central to bash on a highschool student.  Everyone on a squad has their own special part.  As for the senior you are talking about, if it wasn't for her then Hazard wouldn't be able to do half the stunts that they perform.  Hazard has way more difficult stunts than Perry Central.  There is no doubt about that.  Perry Central's freestand is elementary, boring and simple to do, unlike Hazard's freestand which has tons of diffuculty and takes strength And as for all of Perry Central's standing tucks, at Kapos, I saw girls stepping back.  I also saw horrible form, girls with their legs 3 feet apart! Kapos is about being clean, not just throwing things for extra points.  As for PCC being clean that is a joke, yeah you all have good tumbling, but it's not clean.  There is no reason for u to comment on someone that you have no idea who they are.  Hazard's senior is an outstanding cheerleader and you have no reason to say anything negative about her.   Hazard and Perry Central are both outstanding squads, each squad has their good tumblers, and good bases, flyers, ect.  Everyone has their own special part, some more than others.  It's a squad thing.  So think before you say things.
Not Bashing.. Stating Facts!

Both teams could use a good lesson on Sportsmanship! How many teams did Hazard cheer for at KAPOS? One.. Hazard J.V. which should have never been allowed to compete in a High School Competition to begin with! I'll go no further!
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=20283.msg207288#msg207288 date=1141926493]

Both teams could use a good lesson on Sportsmanship! How many teams did Hazard cheer for at KAPOS? One.. Hazard J.V. which should have never been allowed to compete in a High School Competition to begin with! I'll go no further!
[/quote]

why shouldnt they get to compete at a high scool level? they are a jv squad last time i checked that was high school
Both are excellent squads
J.V. (Junior Varsity) Is gradeschool! They are Gradeschoolers!! I think it's riduculous that they they allowed it! Kapos was not happy about it... I dont think it will ever happen again!
First of all, you should never mention anyone by name on here.  This is all ridiculous anyway, you saw no one stepping back except one girl in the pike tuck who was hurt and told by her doctor not to tumble, not BJ by the way.  And if we are throwing rocks today, Hazard's stunts should go up, look at the girls holding them.  The senior is not the only big girl on the team.  PCC's girls are small girls holding up small girls.  But why not give these girls a break on both squads, let them compete and have a good time.  All this crap is what gives cheerleading a bad name.  As for sportsmanship, both PCC squads clapped for every team after they finished.  All the "Good Job!Good luck!" is silly, its a lie and you don't mean it, but simple applause is simply appreciating the effort of any team that performs.  HHS, it looked really bad.  Would it not be better to hope that Eastern Ky. teams brought back all the trophies?  They bash us enough in other parts of the state without us taking part.
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=20283.msg207539#msg207539 date=1141947852]
J.V. (Junior Varsity) Is gradeschool! They are Gradeschoolers!! I think it's ridiculous that they they allowed it! Kapos was not happy about it... I dont think it will ever happen again!
[/quote]

OK, first of all, you all shouldn't be worried about Hazard's JV team.  It's none of Perry Central's business.  Hazard's JV has cheered the same amount of Highschool basketball games as the varsity, that is how they get to compete.  And if I remember correctly both Perry Centrals red and black squad have 8th graders on their team, last time I checked that is gradeschool.  Hazard's varsity also has one 8th grader.  But there were many rumors that Perry Centrals Black team was trying to get Hazard's JV ineligible to not compete at KAPOS.  Why are you all trying to ruin this for these girls?? I mean come on, these girls have worked their butts off, and let them show what they can do.  These girls wanted experience, I think it's horrible that you all are trying to stop them from doing that.  I mean, there was no reason for Perry Central to be scared of them, and that is exactly why they were trying to find a way for them not to compete.  Everyone knew Perry Central would beat them, so I mean really, worry about your own team, and let these girls CHEER!!  And you saying that KAPOS was mad about this, they weren't.  The JV's coach checked on it months ahead of time, and found out what was needed to be done for these girls to compete.  They did exactly what they needed to. 
[quote author=Rah Rah link=topic=20283.msg207885#msg207885 date=1141998737]
First of all, you should never mention anyone by name on here. This is all ridiculous anyway, you saw no one stepping back except one girl in the pike tuck who was hurt and told by her doctor not to tumble, not BJ by the way. And if we are throwing rocks today, Hazard's stunts should go up, look at the girls holding them. The senior is not the only big girl on the team. PCC's girls are small girls holding up small girls. But why not give these girls a break on both squads, let them compete and have a good time. All this crap is what gives cheerleading a bad name. As for sportsmanship, both PCC squads clapped for every team after they finished. All the "Good Job!Good luck!" is silly, its a lie and you don't mean it, but simple applause is simply appreciating the effort of any team that performs. HHS, it looked really bad. Would it not be better to hope that Eastern Ky. teams brought back all the trophies? They bash us enough in other parts of the state without us taking part.
[/quote]

First of all, saying that Hazard has big girls is absolutely ridiucouls.  That is so rude.  Hhs mom is absoultely correct, this is nothing bit a b*tch fest.  I'm not bashing on anyone, I'm trying to get everything straightened out.  PCC has their share of big girls if I remember correctly.  Not every cheerleader can be a aneroix little stick.  Have you seen UK Cheerleader's?  They have BIG muscles in their legs!!  They aren't little!  So b4 you say that Hazard has BIG girls, think of what most cheerleaders look like!  Oh, and your comment about Hazard not cheering for other teams.  Why should the girls lie and chant "Good Luck, and Good Job"  when the girls just want them to fall so they can win??  What if a team fell in every stunt and every team chanted GOOD JOB, that's them telling the girls good job for dropping everyting.  Hazard's Varisty don't cheer for Perry Central.  Why should they?? I haven't seen them cheering for Hazard ever!!  Last year at Nationals, Hazard cheered for Perry Central, but do you think Perry Central cheered for Hazard?? NO!  So if they aren't going to cheer for them, then Hazard isn't going to cheer for Perry Central.  What comes around goes around.  Oh, and last year at Nationals, when Hazard's girls were comepeting, PCC's red team was sitting right in the front yelling at the girls to fall!! Great SPORTSMANSHIP girls!!
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=20283.msg207288#msg207288 date=1141926493]

[/quote]

what does it matter if they compete there or not they were better than half the people that did compete also are you afraid of a liitle comp.?
I think that Hazard and Perry Central should have a comp. and see who is the better squad here in hazard and that will settle everything. I mean come on all this talk about hazard only makes them stronger and that is why these girls do so great at comp. And look on the bright side they liked being hated because it shows that the other teams are scared of them. They wanted Perry Central to come in med. when they heard about that rumor because it only made them practice harder and longer. Then Perry Central backed down. I am getting anything started here but tell me exactly what happened to those four stunt groups?
I AGREE..i really dont think that PCC should be talking..cuz i thought that the black or w/e was entered as JV??
UK cheerleaders may have big muscles in their legs but they can be no more than 100 pounds and wear a size 6 shoe, so much for big girls at UK.  And the bit about PCC's red squad yelling at them to fall, that is a flat out lie!  Did you see it?  No of course not, because it never happened.  PCC's black squad competed JV at Nationals but KAPOS has no JV competiton.  If you are going to sound off, at least know what you are talking about.
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=20283.msg207539#msg207539 date=1141947852]
J.V. (Junior Varsity) Is gradeschool! They are Gradeschoolers!! I think it's riduculous that they they allowed it! Kapos was not happy about it... I dont think it will ever happen again!
[/quote]

well i know squads all around that have grade school squads competing at high school levels just because they can and want to because they have no other choice why would you criticize this?
Oh well.. The season is not over yet.. Good Luck to both squads at State!
[quote author=cheer_2009 link=topic=20283.msg204734#msg204734 date=1141615185]
i agree..if PCC thinks they are soo good then they need to come on into med. and show HHS how good they are (as you say peachesncream). and what happend with flip off at the PCC vs. HHS game? i thought amber donaldson was the star cheerleader so why couldnt she keep up with chelsea combs??
[/quote]

Amen!!!!
DONT EVEN B TALKIN BOUT HAZARD HAVIN BIG GIRLS!!!....PCC i sjust lookin 4 an excuse bcus they kno that they cant do the stunts...last time i looked...yalls bases werent 2 skinny lookin 2 me...yall might have small flyers but yalls bases aint small...
[quote author=hey_hey link=topic=20283.msg209584#msg209584 date=1142180351]
DONT EVEN B TALKIN BOUT HAZARD HAVIN BIG GIRLS!!!....PCC i sjust lookin 4 an excuse bcus they kno that they cant do the stunts...last time i looked...yalls bases werent 2 skinny lookin 2 me...yall might have small flyers but yalls bases aint small...
[/quote]

well said!! :thx: 
This is hilarious that our children can not even use good English! (i.e. yalls,aint,B (be), 4 (for), 2 (to)..) If you are going to get on here and bad mouth people atleast use proper wording! Again.. PCC's girls could do any stunt you asked them to! It's not about having the most difficult stunts and worrying about if you can hit it or not.. It's about being clean and knowing you can go out on the floor and hit a solid routine!

Also.. I wanted to mention.. Someone above said Hazard and Perry Central should have a competition just the two of them to see who is the best. Actually that was done at KAPOS! Each Coach got a copy of the standings and where their teams placed in the entire competition.. and guess who was #1?? :clap:
Pages: 1 2