Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Pelphrey Coach of The Year in Sun Belt!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Paintsville High School Stand Out and UK Unforgetable John Pelphrey was named the Sun Belt Conference Coach of The Year!

Pelphrey, is in his fourth year as head coach of the Jags, guided the squad to 21 wins, the most since the 2000-01 squad finished with 22 victories. He stands at 57-54 overall in his career at South Alabama. The 21-6 record is the best regular season finish for the Jaguars since the 1980-81 season. The Jaguars also won nine road games which ties for the fourth best of all 334 men's division I basketball teams.

"I feel very fortunate to win the award," Pelphrey said. "There are some great coaches in this league...Basketball is a team game and any award that I win is a direct reflection on how hard our team works," Pelphrey said.

The Jaguars are the number one seed in the West Division and will play the winner of Arkansas-Little Rock and North Texas on Sunday at 6 p.m. in Murfreesboro, Tenn., in the quarterfinal round of the 2006 Aeropostale Sun Belt Conference Tournament.

Way to go John! Good Luck in the Tourney and hope to see you in the Dance! You have made Paintsville proud!! :#1:
Thats great to hear. Hope to see him get his team into the big dance and upset some people.
Thats great to hear from a guy from the Mountains !
I knew he could right the ship down there. John is a great guy much like his father who i had as a teacher in high school. I think he would be an excellent choice at UK eventually somewhere down the road. Here's hoping they make the big dance.
Congrats John. Glad to see you doing well for yourself. Way to make the mountains and the entire state proub. Keep up the good work and you will see some great chances come your way.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Thats great to hear from a guy from the Mountains !

yes it is!!