Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Face Book is the Evil Empire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friend me

Has facebook become the Evil Empire? Look around notice how much facebook is being integrated into EVERYTHING. Businesses, organizations, schools, media, and a whole sort of other things are becoming interconnected to the data mining forces of facebook.

Does this concern you? do you willingly give up your privacy because you think it's innocent information?
It doesn't concern me too much, the thing with Facebook is that it really depends what you put on there. Some people put their phone numbers, addresses, and their whole life story for the whole world to see. I think Facebook itself is excellent, provided that we use it in the manner that it was intended to be used.
Limited personal information is a start but they also data mine where you surf, what comments you put, and all kind of other information that can be used to create a digital profile of you.
It doesn't really concern me. I use to have my number on there but I took it off.

http://www.facebook.com/ShawnLovesSara
Yeah, I'm not too public, but it doesn't really concern me. I can pretty much find out anything on anyone with a call to a friend or a few bucks, so I'm not all that concerned about Facebook info. If anyone wants to find out info on me, they'll do it regardless...
I don't have anything on my fb that people don't already know.
I dont have a facebook and never will have one.
Its a complete waste of time and if people want to know when i wipe my ass i dont want to be friends with them anyways.
I never thought older people would get into social media site such as facebook, myspace, and twitter, but it has.Its just a way for people to be nosey and gossip. I think its good for kids, but causes way to many problems to often as well as fights, rumors and all other kinds of stuff.

It will die out eventually as all things do. Hopefully sooner than later.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont have a facebook and never will have one.
Its a complete waste of time and if people want to know when i wipe my ass i dont want to be friends with them anyways.
I never thought older people would get into social media site such as facebook, myspace, and twitter, but it has.Its just a way for people to be nosey and gossip. I think its good for kids, but causes way to many problems to often as well as fights, rumors and all other kinds of stuff.

It will die out eventually as all things do. Hopefully sooner than later.

lol man, you sound like my grandpa. He says the internet is nothing but evil and is going to end the world. haha.

You and your friends dictate whether or not your FB is a rumor mill, or normal, like mine. Main reason I use it is to keep up with friends at different posts, from home, and family. Also, it's a great way to get laid believe it or not. Facebook is a better dating site than any of those with their own stupid commercials, haha. Most girls have a shitload of pics, so when you pick one, you can check them out to make sure they fit the standard. Then, you can figure out what kind of person they are within 5 minutes. Females are curious as hell, so if you can smoothtalk, which is way too easy, they'll end up straddling you after your first date.

Out of all the chicks I've met, or "caught up with" again on Facebook, only one has not been what I thought she was, and that was in looks...and, it wasn't FB, it was Myspace. I swear to God, her pictures tricked me. I got the hell out of there.

But the point is, Facebook can bring lots and lots of pleasure. Just need to know how to utilize it correctly. :yum:
the real issue isn't what you put on your individual page. You control that content. It's when you "like" and access other sites though your facebook account. You are creating a digital footprint or identity that you may not even know what your creating. F-book collects all of those clicks you do, and creates a virtual file of you. What are they using this for? Target or guerilla advertising is one growing area but what else?

Big Brother anyone?
Yeah...quite a few of those "pages" and businesses pass on your info like crazy.
It's evil
It can be a good thing but many abuse it!!!
What is Facebook? Is it a casting call ledger that Movie Producers use to pick the actors in their movies?
It seems that people are too quick to the draw with their judgment most of the time and though it really is possible that Facebook might be giving bad implications to people, than be of help for them, it just isn't something that you consider evil too soon.

And while it also holds true that people seem to be less effective and be less opinionated about stuff, that is just the nature of people who fall into the snares of judgment through online means.
as long as your ok with them data mining you and selling that information enjoy. They just but a face recognition software company also so now they can scan all the images there as well.
I hate faccebook.......Deleted my account last summer