Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KMSFA Membership 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coaches and administrators,

The KMSFA would be willing to send a representative to your respective off season conference meeting if you will please contract us with dates and times.

We have a video presentation, literature, and are willing to address questions about membership and benefits with you and your fellow conference member schools.

Please email me privately at [email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email] so we can discuss including your program in the many many opportunities provided by the KMSFA.

We look forward to working with you all!!

Sincerely,
Jeremy T. Bass
Bump
is it true that dues are increasing from $50 to $500 this season? That's what a 1000% increase? Maybe KHSAA taking over would be better.
RichBrooks Wrote:is it true that dues are increasing from $50 to $500 this season? That's what a 1000% increase? Maybe KHSAA taking over would be better.

It is up for vote at the annual meeting. Instead of having to get the $500.00 sponsership fee for the playoffs in October, changing memebership fee to $500.00 up front before season starts, no real difference from what it is now, just different timeline.
Where exactly did you hear that? As a board member and coach, I can assure you that is not happening. I am not sure where you heard that but it is absurd. We are trying to provide a positive thing for middle school football and grow our membership. That would only reduce the size of the association and its purpose.
plantmanky Wrote:It is up for vote at the annual meeting. Instead of having to get the $500.00 sponsership fee for the playoffs in October, changing memebership fee to $500.00 up front before season starts, no real difference from what it is now, just different timeline.

It was clearly stated on page 3 of the proxy ballot that was sent out last night accross the list serve to all coaches. Vote to keep the same or change membership fees to $250 per team for 7/8th grade combined team, or $500.00 for schools that field both a 7th & 8th grade teams.
Is it possible to view where all of this money goes in an official document? Not trying to imply anything just curious because I know it costs a lot to run the association but it also brings in a lot of money with gates and concessions from regional and semi-final playoff games as well as membership fees.
You only pay $500 if you make the playoffs. So it's not the same..
BigBlue12 Wrote:You only pay $500 if you make the playoffs. So it's not the same..

About 100 teams made play-offs last year plus 20% of all gates. Also about 140 schools at $50 for membership.
plantmanky Wrote:It was clearly stated on page 3 of the proxy ballot that was sent out last night accross the list serve to all coaches. Vote to keep the same or change membership fees to $250 per team for 7/8th grade combined team, or $500.00 for schools that field both a 7th & 8th grade teams.

If the $500 sponsership is for the T-Shirts, I say do away with the T-Shirts are charge the schools for the shirts only. Just a thought..
100 x $500 = $50000
plus 20% from every playoff game, wouldnt even know how much to estimate for that. Probably at least a couple hundred per game. So a sizeable amount there too.

Seems like a lot of money, but I have never ran a state wide organization, but I think showing where the money goes each year shouldnt be hard to do. Im sure there is a treasurer or secretary who has this information.
Couple of answers for you -

There are options in the proxy vote for the MEMBER schools to vote on. They can leave things as they've been, or change them. Personally, I think it makes sense to go to the model where EVERY team pays the same entry fee regardless of whether they make the playoffs or not. In the past a program with both 7th & 8th grade teams were required to obtain sponsorships for $1000 if they made the playoffs. This gave the false impression that teams had to "pay to play". The money is necessary to cover costs. Period. While this is obviously a labor of love for or KMSFA volunteers, there are companies and businesses that require payment for their services. Their benevolence isn't the same as ours, but that's to be understood. The bottom line is, we have bills to pay and its now to the level that we cannot personally front money out of our pockets like we had to do in 2008 when we started this.

As for the questions concerning the expenditures, the board is in the process of addressing that so that it is also a transparent part of our operation. We are a year round organization, but we are also volunteer based. Free time is at a premium for us all, while trying to make this organization the top notch organization that other states have come to envy. There is no cause for worry, I can assure you.

We look forward to meeting with member coaches and administrators in Louisville on February 11th. Any further questions, please feel free to email your board member of choice.

JTB