Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LSU 71 - Kentucky 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All in all, I'm not disappointed with this loss..It actually gives me confidence going into the last 2 games of the sesaon because nobody else in the nation has anybody like Glen Davis on their team...He is the #1 reason Kentucky lost today...Also in front of a packed LSU house, in a hostile environment...I hate losing, but I really feel good about these last two games...

Crawford was a no show today, and Sparks was being hounded by Tipple the whole game...With Crawford playing like his normal self Kentucky wins this game easy...

I'm not one to talk bad about officiating but a couple of times I wonder why in the hell they didn't call the 4th foul on Glen Davis..Especially on the lob pass from the inbounds to Morris...The call with 13 seconds to go was also ridiculous..Mitchell ran in there with no control lost the ball and threw his hands up, and somehow it was a foul on Moss...Horrible call imo...

Before the Tubby Bashers get on here and go wild for the last call of the game...I'll say this...Thomas simply panicked and didn't think about what to do..Tubby was calling for him to kick it back out to Moss, but he thought he could handle the last shot himself and thats fine with me because he had a nice game..The other thing that bothers me about that play was Morris standing at the free-throw line..Thomas was obviously waiting on him to cut to the basket and he never did..Bad mental lapse by Morris there, because most people could tell that was the designed play...

Also, without Tubbys coaching expertise today, UK would have never been in this game...Even the commentators were commending Tubby on his coaching, and I have to agree...He did a great job of working the match-ups and great calls on the defensive side...One of the best coaching jobs by him this season...Kentucky just turned it over way too many times, plus took a few ill-advised shots...

I'm not worried about these last two games now, because I really feel we can at least win 1 of them, and work our way into the NCAA tourny...
Tough loss today, for me anyway. I felt we had a great oppurtunity to win the game today, but too many turnovers at the beginning of the 2nd half really cost us.
Shagari completely dominates Big Baby in the first half and Tubby lets him ride the bench the entire second half. What on earth is going on in Tub's head?? Don't talk to me about Tubby being a great coach......and drawing up the final play for Thomas?? Give me a break. Please Tub, take the Charlotte job!!
Rondo shoots the 3 too much
Yellow Snow, LSU would have defeated us much worse if Randolph Morris was on the bench ! Shagari has no offensive presence, and he has no rebounding abilities, The only thing he knows how to do is block shots !!!
I'm not suggesting Morris be put on the bench, but at least give Shag some PT....and just what's so wrong with UK going with Morris at the 4 and Shag at the 5 spot? Seems as if Tub is too stubborn to try such a move. No doubt his stubbornness is one reason he has another 10 loss season - 4 of the past 8 ones at that. One can hope Tubby will be off to the NBA in the near future.
Well the only reason Shag dose not get to play is b/c he cannot keep his grades above average !
A loss is a loss regardless!
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Shagari completely dominates Big Baby in the first half and Tubby lets him ride the bench the entire second half. What on earth is going on in Tub's head?? Don't talk to me about Tubby being a great coach......and drawing up the final play for Thomas?? Give me a break. Please Tub, take the Charlotte job!!

Smile Shagari didn't dominate Big Baby..He still scored 3 baskets in there against him...2 blocks isn't exactly dominating, especially when you are a big nothing on the offensive side of the ball...He would have just been in the way on offense..Even the commentators said it was 4 on 5 with him in there...

So you were in the huddle and knew exactly that the play was designed for Thomas to shoot the last shot? Please...Ive watched that play over and over now for 10 times, and Tubby was motioning for movement the whole play...He was supposed to either kick it out to Moss but felt like he could do it, or he was waiting for Morris to cut from the free-throw line which Morris didn't do...

The fact that you say to fire Tubby after a close loss on the road against the best front-court in the nation is laughable...
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:I'm not suggesting Morris be put on the bench, but at least give Shag some PT....and just what's so wrong with UK going with Morris at the 4 and Shag at the 5 spot? Seems as if Tub is too stubborn to try such a move. No doubt his stubbornness is one reason he has another 10 loss season - 4 of the past 8 ones at that. One can hope Tubby will be off to the NBA in the near future.

4 of the last 9 seasons..not 8..Just correcting your false info. once again..:thumb:
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Shagari completely dominates Big Baby in the first half and Tubby lets him ride the bench the entire second half. What on earth is going on in Tub's head?? Don't talk to me about Tubby being a great coach......and drawing up the final play for Thomas?? Give me a break. Please Tub, take the Charlotte job!!
He may have done a great defensive job on him in the first half, but we all know he can't score and in the second half we needed points. I will take Randolp in the game anyday. Not sure why Sheray took that last shot, but I think he was suppose ot kick it out and I don't think Randolph was where he was supposed to be. Sheray played well though.
I will agree that ROndo takes too many jumpers.
If every foul had been called, Big Baby Davis would have fouled out.

We can still get in the tournament. go cats!
"alfus21" Wrote:4 of the last 9 seasons..not 8..Just correcting your false info. once again..:thumb:

Wrong again, boy. In Tubby's past 8 seasons, he's had 4 TEN LOSS SEASONS. Learn to read, or yet better, strive to understand.

Exactly what I was thinking.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Wrong again, boy. In Tubby's past 8 seasons, he's had 4 TEN LOSS SEASONS. Learn to read, or yet better, strive to understand.

Is this not Tubby's 9th season?

1999-00, 23-10
2000-01 , 24-10
2001-02, 22-10
2005-06, 18-10
"ZMG" Wrote:Is this not Tubby's 9th season?

1999-00, 23-10
2000-01 , 24-10
2001-02, 22-10
2005-06, 18-10

somebody just got owned
week after week uk proves to be a big disapointment