Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allstar weekend KYMFA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the first time that my son got to experience a well put together allstar weekend like this. He has enjoyed him self. I just want to say thank you to the KYMFA for all the hard work.
I must agree very nice weekend
As one of the 8th grade East Coaches, I want to say what a pleasure it was to coach these young men. What a great bunch of kids!

Loved meeting the coaches and attending the banquet (outstanding motivational speakers!). My son had an absolute blast, although he is still cleaning the mud out of his earsSmile
I have really struggled with this post whether to write it or not and i just can't hold in the feelings i have. My son was on east 7th grade team and i just feel discouraged with the coaching. Now before you start to think i'm just a dad whos son didn't get enough time that really isn't my issue. I just feel the coaches never took the time to evualate the players they were given. In the meeting before the first practice they already knew who was playing where. They didn't know the players, never seen them in pads, never watched them run or work. No idea of skill set.that being said i do believe the kymsfa did an outstanding job of putting this together i enjoyed myself and my son had a great time i hope to be back next year and i believe this experience has lite a fire under my young man to be all state next year they defenitly got the better deal on coaches i was really let down by the group of coaches out of bell county i see why they need the hold back kids now they don't seem to be able to coach the kids up or even want to take the time to try sorry to be a downer but i had to get that off my chest
I also agree my boy was on the 8th grade team.it also seemed as they already had the players pick .my boy really didnt get a chance to show his game,but thats ok .we had a great time and hope to see everyone nxt year in playoffs .lol
Both days were full of good (OUTSTANDING!) football. I thought the kids on the 7th and 8th Kentucky teams showed very good sportsmanship against the Illinois team. It's hard to tell kids who have made it that far to not play to their potential. There will be tougher opponents coming up shortly from looking at the FBU website and these teams need to be ready. A national championship for the bluegrass state would be great for all of us. Then we had the games on Sunday in the cold, rain, and mud. Talk about heart! Football in Kentucky is alive and well! Thank you to KYMSFA and FBU for a great weekend! Memories that will last these kids a lifetime.
Absolutely, my hats off to the KYMSFA they are a players first organization and the things they do for these kids is just amazing to me in the state of Kentucky. I look for Kentucky high school football to take a big step forward over the next decade and most of the appreciation will need to be directed toward this organization. I think they are doing much more for Kentucky football than the KHSAA.
I fill like the coaches did a great job for only having six hours to put 22 kids in position. I understand my son didnt play the position that he excels in but all kids got to have fun and played a great game. I think it bothered me more then it did him the only thing is he had fun
I agree with part about who was going to play where. My son was picked as a RB but played receiver? BUT I will say he a had a great time and ejoyed being a part of it. Good job KYMSFA.
I was an assistant on the east 8th : I did qb / rec warmup drills and picked special teams.
Gotta say that there was only one coaches meeting prior to practice which was an introduction of each other and figuring out who would do what.
Without any determination of who did what. Once in Frankfort, we had a total of 6 hours of practice. After two hours...kids had to be put in a position. Some kids that had great hands were shifting to receiver by our coach to balance things out. Allowing for 2 offensive groups of backs & receivers. We had 4 qbs that rotated by series in a specific order intil the end of the game. As far as I could tell...nothing was predetermined on 8th east.....all kids were talented, got onto the field, had fun in the mud and were blessed to be part of the event. The coaching staff....with limited time to evaluate and put things in (only 6 hours) did a great job with organizing the kids and getting the on the field. All gave up time, contributed enthusiasm ,....& dag gonnit gave up tix to the UK game...lol...for a fun weekend for the kids. We can say things can always be better...but end the end , I am thankful to particiate, to work with such talented kids and giving coaches.
Coach Rose / Lex Cath
Coaches figuring out what they would coach .....not predetermining anything about what players would be where.... I should wake up before doing this stuff...lol
Personally, despite limited time with the players....... I think it would be easy to do PR for any and all of them ....because they were all talented, respectful and coachable ! Hats off to thier parents and coaches .. Awsome job !
This is what I have heard...

Next up for the 7th grade Team Kentucky is Team Georgia.
Team Georgia beat Team Florida (I think it was 35 to 0)
(I found some highlights of them on YOUTUBE)

AND

The 8th grade Team Kentucky gets Team Wisconsin.
(I found a YOUTUBE video of a long pass by WI on MN. QB looks elusive but the OL didn't provide much protection as 3 DL were on him quick.)

This will be in Lexington on the 10th.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!! :Cheerlead :Clap: :Cheerlead :Clap: :Cheerlead

If anyone can confirm this to be true please do...
^I can't confirm but that is great, looking forward to seeing these kids in action a little more. I'm guessing this is an elimination type thing? So the competition should be getting better and better hopefully, which is good because I think we have about the best assembly of middle school football players ANYWHERE.
Heard similar waiting on the weekend confirmation. I still would bet nothing firm yet. If I know Hawkins and Spiva as soon as its confirmed everyone will know.
Hats off to everyone that put on this event. I really enjoyed my two days of watching good middle school football.

Hats off to Coach Hawkins he is doing a great job with the All star team. I feel like he will lead this team far. He has the experience and knowledge.

Wonder how much longer Coach Hawk remains coaching middle school?
The 7th grade will play Georgia on the 10 th and will practice on the 9th. Times and places have not been relayed yet but as soon as I find out I will post. I believe the game for the 7th graders will be much more challenging this time. I look forward to watching it!
^^^Agree^^^

I too think Team Georgia will be more competition for the 7th grade than Team Illinois was.

The 8th grade should be facing a tougher game as well.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY !!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:I have really struggled with this post whether to write it or not and i just can't hold in the feelings i have. My son was on east 7th grade team and i just feel discouraged with the coaching. Now before you start to think i'm just a dad whos son didn't get enough time that really isn't my issue. I just feel the coaches never took the time to evualate the players they were given. In the meeting before the first practice they already knew who was playing where. They didn't know the players, never seen them in pads, never watched them run or work. No idea of skill set.that being said i do believe the kymsfa did an outstanding job of putting this together i enjoyed myself and my son had a great time i hope to be back next year and i believe this experience has lite a fire under my young man to be all state next year they defenitly got the better deal on coaches i was really let down by the group of coaches out of bell county i see why they need the hold back kids now they don't seem to be able to coach the kids up or even want to take the time to try sorry to be a downer but i had to get that off my chest

Thats going to happen in an all star game.
Theres not rnough time to fully evaluate each player before the game with the very little time they have.
QBCoach Wrote:Hats off to everyone that put on this event. I really enjoyed my two days of watching good middle school football.

Hats off to Coach Hawkins he is doing a great job with the All star team. I feel like he will lead this team far. He has the experience and knowledge.

Wonder how much longer Coach Hawk remains coaching middle school?
Thank you for the kind words. It is not to hard to get in a new BMW and drive it.LOL I will say that these are some exceptional players. I have been waiting for a few years to move on to a high school team for my son to graduate. I hope I can find a school that will have me eventually. I am however going to interview at a few spots this year. My son thinks I should go ahead a take the step. He is in great hands at Frankfort high and has certainly carved his spot out. I guess now I am waiting for the opportunity.

The first thing on my plate is to win a National Championship with some darn good Kentucky kids!
Warriors Alum Wrote:This is what I have heard...

Next up for the 7th grade Team Kentucky is Team Georgia.
Team Georgia beat Team Florida (I think it was 35 to 0)
(I found some highlights of them on YOUTUBE)

AND

The 8th grade Team Kentucky gets Team Wisconsin.
(I found a YOUTUBE video of a long pass by WI on MN. QB looks elusive but the OL didn't provide much protection as 3 DL were on him quick.)

This will be in Lexington on the 10th.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!! :Cheerlead :Clap: :Cheerlead :Clap: :Cheerlead

If anyone can confirm this to be true please do...
I do know that the 8th grade team is playing against Wisconsin on December 10th at Lafayette. I believe the 7th grade game is at 12 or 1 and the 8th at 3pm. I do not know for sure who the 7th is playing. They are not following the brackets as much with them as for they are only playing the 2 games, but Georgia is one of the options. I will report as soon as I know for sure.

I also know that our third round game may be in Charlotte against the winner of N.Carolina or Jacksonville Fl. That game will be on the 17th. That is the game we need to get to and win. It will put us in the semi finals in San Antonio.
^
This is great for middle school football.
I wish this would have been around 15 years ago lol.