Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Believe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all fuss and fight but Damn if I was giving a State of the Union speech for KyMiddle School football I would say its looking real good. I think as with anything if you get complacent you suffer but I notice nobody complacent here. I think all the players I saw were outstanding. East/West and Ky teams. We will never agree on all things but I have been very honored to have meet several of your outstanding young men this week end. I think as long as you parents keep your kids grounded and working hard many have great futures inside and outside of football
How did the games go today?
Any scores?
"i" before "e"....
38-0 7 th. 48-0. 8th. Ky wins both. Thanks to knight grad.
Our guys are awesome. That 8th grade bunch was downright scary, I have no doubt they could beat a lot of high school teams. Castle Hatcher and Zyaire Hughes should be among the top QBs in the state in a couple years. KYMSFA is top notch in organizing this and providing the uniforms. If there is a better middle school football organization in the country I would like to see it because these guys are definitely a players first organization that is greatly benefiting Kentucky football.

That said, I feel bad for this Illinois bunch. 14 kids for 7th, 14 for 8th, and 10 played on the 7th and 8th. So 18 kids 7th and 8th grade combined is what they brought down. My hats off to those kids who played on the 7th and then had to turn right back around and play that 8h grade bunch. I think this is a really cool deal for these kids and the KYMSFA has done a great job yet again in putting all of this together, but I think the FBU who is organizing this 'National Championship' didn't take into account how little some states care about middle school football. I am proud as hell of our guys they represented the state well but the teams should have been organized.
^
Sounds like the Illinois organizers failed, not the kids.

Anybody got any stats from the game?
How did the Mills kid from Whitley do?
I agree that Illinois team was not put together very well at all I feel bad for those kids but they played to the best of their abilities never giving up and playing all the way until time expired. Great job Team Ky!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Sounds like the Illinois organizers failed, not the kids.

Anybody got any stats from the game?
How did the Mills kid from Whitley do?

They had some talented kids, but you could tell they just weren't very organized. I'd imagine it is tough to get kids to want to come all the way from Chicago to Frankfort, KY to play one game but the FBU should have made sure that all the teams were well organized and willing to fully participate. And I just don't think any states put their middle school leagues together as well as the KYMSFA does.
^
Thats what i was thinking.
Photos of Saturday's games are here:

http://www.mesmerphoto.com/KYMSFA/2011-1...568_MrZMLC

These are the photos that will be on the Video/Photo DVD.

Webcast is here - this is the video that will go onto the Video/Photo DVD:

http://www.ihigh.com/kymsfa/
Dogfight Wrote:I agree that Illinois team was not put together very well at all I feel bad for those kids but they played to the best of their abilities never giving up and playing all the way until time expired. Great job Team Ky!!

I agree when I left there Saturday I really wanted to go shake all of the Illinois kids hands, they were my heroes this weekend.:biggrin: I'll be honest, I would have needed convincing myself to go out there and play against that 8th grade bunch and I'm a grown man. They are big, strong and fast. Those kids from Illinois went out there and got beat handily by the 7th graders, then almost all of them turned around and within 30 minutes were playing against that 8th grade team. Somebody better have taken those kids to Chuck'e Cheese after the game because that had to be a rough day for them.
Congrats to Jordan Doan (#21 7th) and Castle Hatcher (#7 8th) on their performances is these games. Awesome job by both of you and I look forward to watching you both in the future.
Jordan Doan
[Image: IMG0458-S.jpg] [Image: IMG0460crop-S.jpg] [Image: IMG0509-S.jpg]

Castle Hatcher
[Image: IMG0790-S.jpg] [Image: IMG0810-S.jpg] [Image: IMG0812-S.jpg]
The Down kid is a class act good football player but outstanding young man.
BIG RN Wrote:The Down kid is a class act good football player but outstanding young man.

His daddy definitely puts in the work with him lol. I am really impressed with Doan and Hatcher on and off the field and I think these two will be playing football at a high level for many years to come. If we could just stretch them both out a little bit! They were the two smallest players on both the teams, which for Hatcher isn't saying much because that 8th grade team is HUGE. Congrats to all the Lake Cumberland area kids, you've represented South Central KY well!
I have always come from a place where undersized is the order of the day. I coach and would take both of these two over several others love because of there size. I would also take 51 from pulaski in the 7th grade game. Pound for pound some of the best around. Off the field they were saying yes sir , and thank you a whole lot. Hats off to these guys and there parents.
Absolutely, I don't know his name either but 51 from Pulaski is a very impressive linebacker for his age. I would love to see him in purple and gold. I'd take all those kids from SW and PC though, they have some nice talent coming up.
The Mills kid played well. He is playing linebacker on this team and to be honest the defense wasn't on the field very much. I do expect him to standout on this team after watching him
Some of the player above were 7th graders. The Mills kid your referring to is an 8th grader I presuming Whitley. He is another great kid and somewhat underside but I would take him any day of the week. I can go on an on about great guys on here. I only had a few that appeared somewhat full of themselves but 98% of them were good ballplayers and good men.
The 8th grades offensive line is bigger than a lot of high schools.
I like those unis.
^ Yeah they were really sharp. I was told the FBU sent us orange jerseys, gag, so the KMSFA provided those. That's what the 7th grade coaches said.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I like those unis.

I watched the FBU weekend wrap-up show today and they mentioned the Daniels kid from Paintsville on defense. He must be pretty good to play at that level. Congrats to you guys over there.
october Wrote:The Mills kid played well. He is playing linebacker on this team and to be honest the defense wasn't on the field very much. I do expect him to standout on this team after watching him

I knew he was playing LB and hes a fine defensive player.
He's one hell of a runningback and a game changer.
I know were waiting on his debut next year.....
The Mills kid is a very good running back maybe the best I have seen in the state this year. I think many people get caught up in the size of backs and some backs get overlooked at this level for that reason. If Mills continues to develop as a running back he will definitely not be overlooked in the next couple of years! Very good football player!
TigerFan3 Wrote:The 8th grades offensive line is bigger than a lot of high schools.

Gonna get a little bigger. Heard Blake Asher (6'3 230 TE ) from Leslie Middle will be added to the team for the Wisconsin game.
I Rule The World Wrote:Gonna get a little bigger. Heard Blake Asher (6'3 230 TE ) from Leslie Middle will be added to the team for the Wisconsin game.

As he should be. I watched every East practice and the game and the kid didn't drop 10 balls all weekend. He's the real deal.
Tyler Garcia was added to the team he played left tackle and the west team 6'1 240
As big as those boys are, I don't think they're as big as the ones who moved on. Can't wait to see them play.
Did Illinois only bring like 15 players?
Pages: 1 2