Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th GRADE TEAM KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Special thanks to you parents that posted the list. That's all I wanted.
I have heard that both the 7th and 8th grade Team Kentucky had practice this past weekend. Does anyone know how they looked?
Both looked solid.

7th grade has more speed than size. They looked good.

8th grade has plenty of speed and size. They looked like a varsity squad.

I was watching 7th mostly but every few plays I would here a big hit from the 8th grade side of the field.

I am anxious to see both teams play Saturday.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!!
I watched both teams for both practices sat.
Everything was organized.....7th looked very good/ very fast. 8th was huge up front- Kid fro Bell is huge at RT....Jackson at LT has great technique, the qbs were impressive (meece / loneoak) ...LO qb good passer.....meece qb has sperman speed. Letton from Cath blocks well as TE and has best hands. Impressive backs.....Crosby back (fastest - a stud !!) , wesport (big hitter), Hurst from frankfort (versatile - hard runner / can catch). Defense has some size , speed & big hitters.

All was organized and coached up good !
i watched 8th grade.they are bigger than most high school teams.alot of speed.offense was awsome cant believe how quick they came togather.ive never seen one team with so many big hitters.my son is 6'1" 230 and he is very average on this team,the kids are huge!!!my son is really having to work hard im very thankful he is getting this chance to see he not always going to be the biggest or the best.he is humbled and think there were alot of other kids that were too.i hope veryone can come to the game to watch this team play.i think you will be very impressed.
Loneoakflash and ocho have me stoked. This is the first time all yr that I get to be a fan of KENTUCKY MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL. I have no doubt with all the kids that are on this Mammoth 8th grade squad that some will be impressed with what the KYMSFA has brought to the table. I think the 7th graders are a cerebral bunch of hard workers. I am just glad to be on this side of it rather than coaching against them. I also say the East West games with further prove how very lucky we are to be in an era where Ky football increases by keeps and bounds because of our players,coaches,fans and league officials. Hell on the turkey I am ready to see all this good KENTUCKY FOOTBALL.
I saw on the FBU site that it looks as though we play Illinois instead of Missouri . Can anyone confirm who we play. It really does matter because I think we're bringing it.
Mr. Hawkins told me at practice that after he did a roster exchange with Team Missouri that Team Missouri notified him that they were not coming to play Team KY. (something about Team Ky being to big or something, I don't exactly remember) :igiveup:
It is my understanding that Team Illinois has stepped in to fill Team Missouri's spot. So now Team KY will play Team Illinois this Saturday.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!!:Cheerlead
Thanks Warrior alum. CONGRATS in Southwest big win Friday.5 a State Champs?
I can hope that SW pulls out the 5A state championship. However Anderson County this Friday will be tough. Next weekend would be Bowling Green or John Hardin and I believe they are both undefeated. Tough road no doubt.

GO TEAM KENTUCKY!!!
GO SOUTHWESTERN WARRIORS!!!

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
TEAM KENTUCKY
Needs your help!!!!
Kentucky’s 8th grade All-Star football team has been competing in the FBU National Championship. We have now played our way into the semi-finals which take place in San Antonio, Texas the week of January 2nd-8th.
We now need your support to make the trip affordable for our players and families. There are 35 players and their families that need to travel. We know this is a tough time of the year for donating, but these kids represent the whole state and have work very hard to make it. The team has defeated Illinois, Wisconsin and Missouri to make the semi-finals.
All Corporate sponsors will receive recognition on team shirts. Large corporate donations will receive recognition on the team sweat suits. Any amount will be helpful.
Below is a breakdown of expenses for the trip:
Crowne Plaza- 35 rooms @104.00/day for 5 nights- $18200
Bus for parents- 55 passenger- $5000
Food for players- 35 players/6 coaches- $5000
I know this is a huge amount to generate, but with the generous support of our community and businesses, we can achieve these goals. There will several be state wide press releases and interviews in which corporate sponsors will receive mention in all of these opportunities.

Make inquiries to Phil Hawkins @ 502-320-8525
Checks written to KYMSFA
128 Audobon Drive, Frankfort Ky. 40601