Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A sure thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I HAVE BEEN ASSURED THAT NO 8TH GRADE KY TEAM WILL BE POSTED. I TOLD ONE OFFICAL THAT THE 7TH GRADE LIST WAS POSTED AND HE WAS FLOORED. I ASKED HIM WHY DON'T THEY POST THE 8 TH GRADE TEAM AND HE SAID "BECAUSE OF ALL THE GRIEF" PEOPLE WOULD GIVE THEM OVER IT. I TOLD HIM NO SUCH GRIEF HAS BEEN GIVEN OVER THE 7TH GRADE LIST. I THINK IT'S ONLY FAIR TO ALL CONCERED TO POST THE LIST. I HEARD ONE COACH SAY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YR I WILL NOT SEND MY PLAYERS TO THE KY TENN ALLSTAR GAME BECAUSE IT'D RIGGED AND RAN BY YOUTH LEAGUE COACHES IF WE CAN'T SEE THIS LIST ARE WE REALLY ANY BETTER? :devilflam
Its more than just the backlash it is that they would be exposed. If it is as legit as they say what do they have to hide? Being someone who has seen the list and someone who knows how these people operate, I am not surprised. I just have to ask, Do you guys believe me now?????
I think for whatever reason they picked a very good 7th grade team, but the politics entered into the 8th grade team big time. I too have seen the 8th grade list and its got politics and incomptence all over it. Its funny, the guys making the picks for the team have never gone all the way in the playoffs, maybe if they consulted with the coaches who have won over the years things might change. This is not new. On the West team last year the coaches did not have the best players in the best position due to good old politics and its the same guys every year-Bowling Green, Westport, and Lexington Catholic
I find it funny there are so many haters out there. As a volunteer coach for 19 years without ever having any children of my own in the mix to coach or self promote I feel I must chime in on a few things I am reading.
A) I unfortunately agree that politics come into play !
It comes into play in relationships .... As in friendships and work.
I am sure we have all been passed over for a well deserved promotion. The sad thing is that I really hate for this to enter sports and with kids. We have to spin our wins/ losses, our victories / failures, our making a team or not....as life lessons. Through sports we teach kids the ups and downs of life. For example: I has an all state back that had 45 TDs that will play for east but was not asked to plat in state. I have a qb that passed for 26 TDs and over 1,800 yards , led us to 10-3, won UK 7on 7 and did not make any team. How do you explain that ??? I am sure I can recall being passed over when in high school for sd omething because of politics. Typically when I have been a head coach , I do not led dads coach. Prefer to take the bias out of the equation. That being said .. I have coached with some that are harder on thier kids and fair. When there is an agenda...its tough.
To be continued in 30 .
B) I coached offense for the East last year after going 12-1 and losing in the championship to Corbin. I will say that it was an honor as well as an eye opening experience. We had 3 practices in 2 days. Not alot of time to compare talent . Kids are assigned to the team with a given position. (TE, WR, RB, QB, Line) . Therefore kids play the position designated. That being said, the next question os who starts? I believe they prefered all state kids to start ......the only conflict is if there was more all staters for a given position than can start.
The third thing to ask is do the top kids play the whole game or do you try to rotate evenly?last year I platooned by series and attempted to spread the ball around. That being said.....players may have gotten only a few touches...i know some did not get any.
In my opinion....parents are paying alot of money and expect kids to be on the field. Its an honor to be selected and therefore they should play. Personally I think groups should play certain qrts regardless of situation. I am competetive.....typically about winning.....but its an all star game. You dont want to make it, parents play, and you get in in the last 4 minutes! ?
Word to the wise ....In the end ....almost everyone felt thier kid should have been on the field the entire time. Thats dealing with all star situations.

Overall.....its a really cool weekend for coaches and kids. I will applaud the KYMSA for the time , effort, and dedication to such events. I am sure we all wish this was in existence when we played.

I think everyone is struggle because its new, questions exist about the logistics.....but its a work in progress.....barring lack of transparency....and too much politics (which is laced in all aspects of life.....and why society is turning a deaf ear to the political system )... I see this continuing to grow and get better. Just keep it about the kids & fair !
That being said.... I would have to say to Cutback....yes there is politics in everything, no kids were not in the wrong position due to politics...it was predetermined by those making the list. Not sure whats involved outside the submission process to make the team, but as far as the staff coaching last year....we were given a list of offense / defensive players....based upon a given position.

I must admit... I am not on the board .... I too see areas that can be improved to squelch such questions and comments. But as the weekend nears... I think we should support the players, coaches and events. While things can and will improve...atleast should. Lets appreciate it for what it is. And remember....you cany please all the people all the time !

As a coach , as a non board member, as an east west participant.... I see alot that can be defined and improved upon. None the less.....its a great weekend....and those that put this together put in alot of hours. Its a work in progress !
well put, I agree.
As an assistant coach I feel these list should be posted. I haven't hated to the contrary i started a thread praising all these guys. I know it takes work but I feel if someone can post the 7th grade list and as of right now NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS have been made about that list then why can't a coach who has no investment other than to see the players whom I've coached and coached against. When we start hiding list its like DA-N . I. agree some people have been inappropriate in their comments naming young men. So when the games happen then everybody sees the players on it some will be brutal . I have not been that way ii would prefer a person know where I stand . If somebody thinks I don't like like them just ask . I just think at least with the little league coaches from Louisville they air the list for everyone to see and they say look we don't care IT IS WHAT IT IS. Say what you want it not gonna change . So since we are THE REAL STATE TEAMS why is it approximately 1 week away and nobody knows who the REAL STATE TEAM is. No hating just feeling disrespected.
I agree.......no need for secrets....full disclosure is the only way to keep people informed and the KYMFSA moving forward !
I knw 2 kids from frankfort on on the 8th grade all state #18 and #26. Robinson and Smith. they start practicing Sat at noon and then Sun. at Sowyer field. but if you all reconise any of the kid's from your counties see if they have got the info and let them know.
26 ran all over Paris looks like he will be tough. I have to say the "TRUTH" was right there was no snowball's chance in hell that list was going to be posted. I assume he is probably right with everything he said other than bringing up a certain "DAD". I still don't agree with that part but I have since found out most of the other stuff to be true. 1 player playing youth league ball and then coming back after his PCC Bears got it handed to them comes back now ALL-STATE who knows All American. :truestory:
BIG RN Wrote:26 ran all over Paris looks like he will be tough. I have to say the "TRUTH" was right there was no snowball's chance in hell that list was going to be posted. I assume he is probably right with everything he said other than bringing up a certain "DAD". I still don't agree with that part but I have since found out most of the other stuff to be true. 1 player playing youth league ball and then coming back after his PCC Bears got it handed to them comes back now ALL-STATE who knows All American. :truestory:

Thanks for seeing the "TRUTH" for the truth shall set you free. And I understand the mistake I made and for that I apologize I was wrong. I guess I will have to post the list since no one else will
A big thank you to Truth, I think you made your point when everyone sees the list
(laughing)

Some of you folks are ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

I see you've been busy in my absence on this site?

The lists were posted on the middle school coaches Listserv 2 weeks ago. And you "assume" that since they weren't posted on this message board that there is some kind of conspiracy????

That's laughable only because I'm able to sit back recognize that some of these ANONYMOUS posters are obsessed with creating whatever drama they can. Makes you wonder why they have a vendetta?? The main one just messed up and signed in and posted accidentally with 2 different user names aimself. Funny stuff.

There is no secret to any of this. I simply am not going to take part in these unfounded personal attacks, especially from men/women who aren't even going to sign there names. To me, that's the equivalent of then writing on the bathroom wall I'm junior high school. And cowardly.

We will be in Frankfort next weekend. In the meantime, we have a lot of work to do. Any of you all that would like to discuss any part of this, please feel to introduce yourselves when you come next week. We'd love to meet you.

If I'm not able to get back on here to reply to the incoming replies to this, please please please try not to blame us for every malfeasance in your lifetime. We didn't crag the space shuttle, shoot JFK, kidnap Jimmy Hoffa, or exclude TRUTH's kid on purpose!!
You have the ability to post the list but refuse apparently somebody with the seventh grade thought it was childish and posted the dam- list but you keep talkin but won't publish the JFK list. Wow the truth was man enough to post the apology and said he was wrong but you say I won't be a part of this but welcome BACK. I have named no names or yteams but if people check into this this they could find a kid on both team KY and PCC BEARS. If its about the kids find a hard working kid who stayed loyal to the KYMSFA.and stayed all yr. Want to shut me up post the list and I REALLY WON'T POST AGAIN ABOUT THIS MATTER BECAUSE I AM" A MAN OF MY WORD."Confusederved::
The list is no secret. It never has been. How could it be??? (laughing)

The kids will be in Frankfort next week. They have their first practices tomorrow (FBU tournament teams).

Sorry to blow the conspiracies.....