Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville's Padgett out for season with knee injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This all but ends Louisville's season and any hopes of even making the BEast tournament...It only hurts UK's RPI when Louisville keeps dropping like this...You can guarantee they'll be tough again next year...Padgett is pretty weak though...They'll have to find a big man to replace him, because he is not what they expected...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville center David Padgett will miss the rest of the season because of an injured left knee and is expected to be ready to play next fall.

An MRI test Tuesday revealed significant damage that will require arthroscopic surgery, coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday.

Padgett, a sophomore, averaged 11.8 points and 6.1 rebounds in 24 games this season after transferring from Kansas. Brian Johnson will most likely start in his place Wednesday night when the Cardinals (16-9 overall, 4-8 Big East) host DePaul (10-13, 3-9).

Padgett aggravated the injury in practice Monday, Pitino said. After consultation with trainer Fred Hina, it was decided to end the season and prevent further damage. Padgett will have surgery in the next few weeks, and Hina estimated recovery at two to three months.

Pitino said Padgett had been playing in pain much of the year after spraining his knee during a November scrimmage. The injury prevented Padgett from participating in practice and forced him to have treatment several times a day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2338496
I hate that he's injuried and I hate that them losing hurts UK's RPI but I still must say I LOVE IT THAT THE CARDS SUCK!
Well this sure KILLS there Chances at probably even N.I.T. bid!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Well this sure KILLS there Chances at probably even N.I.T. bid!

Pitino stated a few weeks back that they would turn down the offer for the NIT.
Their bad season just got worse...