Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Updated East vs West Rosters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The following roster were updated per the decision of the Selection Committee.

7th Grade East -

Ryan Seemer Union
Bryce Ashley Union
Jermaine Jackson Olmsted
Garrett Mayse Henry
Timothy Hagg Henry
Will Porter Mason
Tre Perkins Olmsted
Devon Patrick Johnson Co.
Geordon Blanton Johnson Co.
Tyller Clatos Bondurant
Damien Carpenter Bondurant
Dustin Butner Garrard
Dalton Maggard Shelby West
Sam Harrod Shelby West
Xavier Aikens Frankfort
Walter Chambers Highland
David Lewis Mason
Peyton Brown West Carter
Dalton Thornsberry West Carter
Dylan Kidd Adams
Treyton Humfleet Bell
George Philpot Bell
Preston Sullivanm Farnsley
Garrett Lawrence Farnsley
Montae Robinson Farnsley
Ethan Osborne Martin Co.
Graham Kain LC
Woody Lankford LC
Joseph Gilbert LC
Jacob McGowan Frankfort
Bryndon Lambert Anderson
Cade Colton Anderson
Darren Morris Paintsville
Devan Logan Garrard
Maleek Shackleford Olmsted
Dalton Witt East Carter
Richard McGlone West Carter

Coaching Staff
Scott Chaney – Bell Co.
Cedric Ponds – Frankfort
Fred Turner – Bell Co.
Tom Posey – Mason Co.

7th Grade West -

Reggie Green Westport
Lester Simmons Westport
Ryder Litten S. Warren
Danny Butt S.Pulaski
Rashad Darden B. Green
Deion Montgomery JCTMS
Jacob Banta Barret
DeAngelo Wilson B.Green
Isaac Atwell Barren
Drew Carter Corbin
A J Moore Corbin
Danny Chavarria Murray
Cullen Cox N.Pulaski
Daniel Mink N.Pulaski
Josh Davis Paducah
Chance Sulver Paducah
Jordan Young Calloway
Jon Board Barret
Adam Vance East Hardin
Andrew Goodman East Hardin
Reece Iler West Hardin
Quamea Jones Lone Oak
Cash Jones Lone Oak
Jeremiah Shacklette Meade
Levi Hurt Meade
Jamel Carothers B.Green
Jaxon Stewart Corbin
Andrew Arnold Barret
Mitchell Ponder Glasgow
Jasper Munday Glasgow
Brandon Pruitt S.Pulaski
Peyton Phelps S.Pulaski
Jamel Carothers B.Green
Torrance Roush Lone Oak
Tucker Jewell Corbin
Dequan Askew Paducah

Coaching Staff
Dwight Engle – Head Coach
Chris Hunnicutt- S.Pulaski
David Manning – East Carter
Marc Cundiff - S. Pulaski
Scotty Turner – Martin Co.
Jeff Hughes - Barren

8th Grade East -

Steven Little Adams
Seth Marcum Adams
Nathan McGregor Anderson
Ian Chilton Anderson
Caden Messer Bath
Taylor McFarland Bath
Peyton Collett Bell
Corey Swanner Bell
Corey Miracle Bondurant
Dylan Tackett Bondurant
Cody Morton CAL
Cal Lewellyn CAL
James Kelly Cumberland
Kendale Biggs Farnsley
Eddie Murphy Jr. Farnsley
Mathew Smith Frankfort
Bryan Young Garrard
Cameron Johnson Henry
Jordan Ray Johnson
Corey Fields Johnson C
Gary King Knox
Jared Hall Knox
Eli Mitchell LC
Noah Tubridy LC
Blake Asher Leslie
Bryce Workman Martin Co.
Brandon Butcher Martin Co.
Jesse Morgan Mason
Mason Borcher Owen
Luke Trimble Paintsville
Matt Miller Paintsville
James Clark Paris
Daniel Turner Perry
Brandon Loper Rowan
Blake Chapman Rowan
Micheal Perry Shelby East
Chandler Rowe Shelby Valley
Donovan Layne Shelby Valley
Trie Axlne Shelby West
Hunter Truman TT Knight
Jacob Hiles Union
Lex McGregor Union
Garrett Lehkamp Verona
Tim Canada Whitley
Tyler Blakely Whitley
Brandon Harper East Carter
Davian Logan Garrard
Jaylen Jones LC
Caden Towsend Raceland
Jake Holbrook West Carter
Ralph Wages West Carter
Collin Carpenter LC
Josh Baker Bell

Coaching Staff
Jamie Howell – Adams
Todd Barnes – Walton Verona
Brandon Bruner- Shelby West
Pat Grugin- Frankfort
Pete Green – Martin Co.
Tim Rose – Lexington Cath.

8th Grade West -

Andrew Spader Bowling Green
Jake Bush Bowling Green
Derick Dorsey JCTMS
Dalton Parr West Hardin
Jordan Phillips Monroe
Nathen Ware Monroe
Cole Riley Murray
Peyton Glynn Murray
Peyton Denosi Moss
Demani Walker Moss
Tyler Garcia Johnson TMS
Bradlee Samford Johnson TMS
Brandon Sundell S.Warren
Brian Cummings S.Warren
George Gilmore Meece
Jarred Farris Meece
Sam Rivas Warren East
John Stratton Davies
Andrew Griffith Williamsburg
Jonquise Grady Westport
Ben Mink Westport
George Gregory N. Pulaski
Zach Thacker N. Pulaski
Kendon Young Campbellsville
Austin Hash Campbellsville
Lucas Turpin S.Pulaski
Dustin Floyd S.Pulaski
Jake Roberts N. Pulaski
Stefan Harris Calloway
Nick Mabe Barren
Stone Hammer Barren
Andrew Hughes Barren
Justin Rouse` East Hardin
Xavier Arnett East Hardin
Logan Holbrock Spencer
Rylan Moore Edmondson
Shawn Jewell Moss
Jake Mooreland Lone Oak
Sayveon McEwen Lone Oak
Luke Cecil OKH
Jacob Friedrich Calloway
Cole Stetson Calloway
Des Jahvonni Miles Murray
Tony Smyzer Barret
Ethan Britt Barret
Logan Dickery Edmondson
Riley Hall N.Pulaski
Ronovan Smallwood Meece
Alex Patterson Williamsburg
Caleb Veach Monroe

Coaching Staff
Jason Foley – Head Coach
Joel Taylor – Bowling Green
David Sanford – Johnson TMS
Ralph Williams – Crosby
Greg Cox – N. Pulaski
Congrats to all the players and coaches...

:Clap:
Are you all ever going to announce Kentucky Teams
For the 8th grade West Team, Zyaire Hughes, Wells Purdom, and Devharius Jones should be on there from Lone Oak, Im pretty sure they made it.
Or they just might be on Team Kentucky I think
The Kentucky teams have not been released yet.

Don't hold me to this, but I would "assume" that any all-state player that is not listed on these East vs West rosters will be on the Kentucky Team, respectively, for their grade.

Those announcements should be forthcoming very shortly. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
So why not make the All State Kids your All KY team??? Explain how they are All State Players but they are not on the All KY team? Please help me understand that. You have over 30 players that were 8th grade All State Players, why not just add a few and call that your All KY team???
My guess is that the majority of the Kentucky Team will be All State selections. However, this team is going to be made up of players who might potentially have to travel to Texas over New Years. There will also be games played the weeks prior to qualify. Not all families are able to commit to the financial and time/travel requirements that that will require.

Add in that basketball season has started for most.

It's just not as simple as you suggest.
You might want to check with Rowan Co. on Blake Chapman. He broke a bone in his leg during the playoff game against Johnson Central.
KMSFA2 Wrote:My guess is that the majority of the Kentucky Team will be All State selections. However, this team is going to be made up of players who might potentially have to travel to Texas over New Years. There will also be games played the weeks prior to qualify. Not all families are able to commit to the financial and time/travel requirements that that will require.

Add in that basketball season has started for most.

It's just not as simple as you suggest.

Not all familes are able to commit? Did you at least ask them that? Traveling to Texas is something that potentially may happen right?

What I am confused about is this you say "majority" but I am seeing names that were All State Players in the East vs West game.

Did you ask those parents or players if they wanted the chance to represent their state? Did you ask them if they could afford the Texas trip? Did you ask if they even play basketball? Please answer that for me
did anyone else notice that there are only two receivers listed on the East roster? how is that possible? Leaving #12 Cody Morton, QB off the KY team was bad enough, but to only place 2 receivers on the East squad with him is really taking it a bit too far....Sounds like a running game is in store from the East team. Sad when you have the best passer in the state behind center.
I realize CAL has some great recievers but some players listed had 100's of yards recieving although they are listed as half back of have a defensive position by their name. I would say these games will be worth the wait. Some players will probably be added assuming they are unable to play on team KY. I would also assume some of these kid on east west may find their way to Team KY if enough decline the oppurtunity .
I counted 12 players who were All State Players who were not asked to be on Team KY, what a shame! They were passed by and replaced by players who were not All State Players. For them not to ask the Morton kid from CAL is a perfect example of what is wrong with this whole selection. If there is a legitimate reason for Morton and 11 others being left off or at least asked im dying to hear why......
Big RN - thanks for the comments. It is good to hear that there will other options available for receivers. I recognized a few of the East team members, like the Butcher kid, who definitely would be a nice target to get the ball in the open field.

Cannot wait for some more football!

I know the Morton family is all about football and would look forward to any and all travel, so I hope your assessment is right about adding players that should have been on the team.
Truth - I agree with your assessment. Seems like a strange decision
This does make sense if you look at the big picture. All-state awards were given for each position in each division. Let's say that if only 2 kids submitted for a position in a particular division, the best kid was given the award. In another division they could have had 10 kids submitted but only 1 could be chosen all-state. The 9 kids left out may have actually been much better than the one chosen from the region with only 2 submissions. This is why not all the kids from the all-state team were chosen for the Kentucky team. Also, I can assure you there are others on the east-west rosters who would be just as deserving and financially able to play on Kentucky team as the ones mentioned above. There are other families who are all about football.
blackcatballerfan Wrote:This does make sense if you look at the big picture. All-state awards were given for each position in each division. Let's say that if only 2 kids submitted for a position in a particular division, the best kid was given the award. In another division they could have had 10 kids submitted but only 1 could be chosen all-state. The 9 kids left out may have actually been much better than the one chosen from the region with only 2 submissions. This is why not all the kids from the all-state team were chosen for the Kentucky team. Also, I can assure you there are others on the east-west rosters who would be just as deserving and financially able to play on Kentucky team as the ones mentioned above. There are other families who are all about football.

Dont agree that the first people who should have been asked should have been the All State players? You have 32 kids who were given this award for the State but they are not playing for their State. If you ask me shouldnt the kids that were not choosen to All State be asked after someone declines. I think the money, and basketball excuse comes off as a weak cover up.
how did they pick the kids for the all-state awards? Did they have to play in the playoffs to get picked
I sympathize because your QB was dynamite. I also saw Zaire Hughes and he's great to. I don't know how to begin to declare this ones better than that one. I also wouldn't't be suprised before its all done he won't at least be on that team. I also know of several kids that are unbelievable at their positions but will not make it. I also know some of the kids currently listed on East West teams that are going to get a shot because others cannot meet the requirements or want to play other things . I think the Ky team and all four east west teams are given a tremendous oppurtunity and some a chance to prove maybe,just maybe they were over looked . I appreciate all Kymsfa is giving to allow young men the oppurtunity to showcase their talent against others in the state.Great job Cal it nice to see good people get good rewards for hard work and good coaching .
I can assure that the selection committee goes out of their way to evaluate EVERY player that is submitted.

As for your question of if players parents were contacted about meeting the obligations of potential time and travel requirements, that answer is yes. That is apart of the reason that the roster for those 2 teams have not been announced.

I will not comment on your debate of which players you all think are good/bad selections. As a KMSFA board, that would not be appropriate. Our critique occurs with an exacted formula and we've used it the past 3 years. There is no favoritism. We simply select the players based on ability and results.

You all are obviously free to debate amongst these other parents on here on who's child is the best. Again, I don't mean for that to sound condescending. Just being matter of fact.

Good luck and thank you all again for your continued support of middle school football here in Kentucky.
Congrats to all the kids.
Well put KYMSF2......the dad's need to give it a rest.
KMSFA2 Wrote:I can assure that the selection committee goes out of their way to evaluate EVERY player that is submitted.

As for your question of if players parents were contacted about meeting the obligations of potential time and travel requirements, that answer is yes. That is apart of the reason that the roster for those 2 teams have not been announced.

I will not comment on your debate of which players you all think are good/bad selections. As a KMSFA board, that would not be appropriate. Our critique occurs with an exacted formula and we've used it the past 3 years. There is no favoritism. We simply select the players based on ability and results.

You all are obviously free to debate amongst these other parents on here on who's child is the best. Again, I don't mean for that to sound condescending. Just being matter of fact.

Good luck and thank you all again for your continued support of middle school football here in Kentucky.

So what your saying is every All State player was asked to play on the Ky team?
That is not what I am saying.

What I AM saying is that the 35 players who are being selected for each of the two teams ARE/WILL/HAVE BEEN contacted about the commitment level and confirmed yes or no on whether they can participate or not.
Centurionfooball Wrote:Big RN - thanks for the comments. It is good to hear that there will other options available for receivers. I recognized a few of the East team members, like the Butcher kid, who definitely would be a nice target to get the ball in the open field.

Cannot wait for some more football!
I know the Morton family is all about football and would look forward to any and all travel, so I hope your assessment is right about adding players that should have been on the team.

I agree. This kid is really good and so is the Workman kid that played QB for them. But he is listed as a DB. By the names I recognize on the list there wont be any issues if the want to pass the ball. Should have some good blocking up front as well.

I cannot wait either. I'm in withdrawl now.
its because the people choosing the teams have an agenda, that is, the best players do not always get picked. I overheard one coach say that two players picked for the KY team were not recommended by their own coach!! So the people picking the players either do not see talent right in front of their face or they have another reason, we can argue forever. Hey, thats life
KMSFA2 Wrote:That is not what I am saying.

What I AM saying is that the 35 players who are being selected for each of the two teams ARE/WILL/HAVE BEEN contacted about the commitment level and confirmed yes or no on whether they can participate or not.

Just wondering why these young men did not recieve the All State honor then. If they are the best,and I'm in no way saying there not, then KYMSFA cheated them out of a major accomplishment. Is this your way of getting more boys involved in the combine ?
riverdog Wrote:Just wondering why these young men did not recieve the All State honor then. If they are the best,and I'm in no way saying there not, then KYMSFA cheated them out of a major accomplishment. Is this your way of getting more boys involved in the combine ?

Great post Riverdog. You hit the nail right on the head. If they are the best how are they not? KYMSFA chose who was All State and 1/3 of the selctions were not All Ky players. This error by KYMSFA is on them since their own guys chose who was awarded. They are responsible for this blunder.

Did anyone notice how KMSFA2 never answered the question I originally asked. Stop dancing around the questions..... :please: You must watch Dancing with the Stars
Do you guys understand that the All State Submissions and the All Star Submissions had different dates? If a coach waited until right before or just after the State Championship weekend to put in their submissions then those kids were not in the pool to be selected to All State. With that said, perhaps there were better players by position submitted after the State Championship that are deserving to be on Team KY.
plantmanky Wrote:Do you guys understand that the All State Submissions and the All Star Submissions had different dates? If a coach waited until right before or just after the State Championship weekend to put in their submissions then those kids were not in the pool to be selected to All State. With that said, perhaps there were better players by position submitted after the State Championship that are deserving to be on Team KY.

Thank you, this is what I was asking. Knew there were better kids playing than what made All State, however it should be reversed submission for Ky team should be first with those boys being looked at for all state honors. Wait are there any teams with all state players teammates on Ky team ? If so that means submissions had to go in at same time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4