Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KMSFA needs input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to put a question on here and get some feedback from folks who watched the state semi-finals and finals live on the internet.

Please help us by answering the following questions. You can reply on here or you can email me personally at [email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email]

1. What did you think of the broadcast?
2. How was the commentary/analysis/commentator(s)?
3. What suggestions would you offer to improve the broadcast presentation?
4. Overall, what grade would you give the presentation?

Thank you all for your opinions. We greatly appreciate any and all responses.

JTB
over all i thought it was really good.commentators did a great job.
The camera needed to be zoomed outward to show more field. It was hard to tell if kids were going to pick up major yards after getting through the hole when running the ball. The names and such were mixed up at times but can be understood with it being middle school and the guys commentating not having much or any prior knowledge to the players. Those things are just minor and by no means take anything away from how great it was. I give it an A. I hope that the KMSFA continues to take off and middle school eventually gets some sort of organization statewide that mirrors the KHSAA.
Also, I think it would be pretty awesome to play Sunday at Commonwealth. I know that would take an unbelievable amount of time and preparation to move everything overnight but how incredible would it be for a middle school kid to play in there for a state championship.
I've watched the playoffs each year they have been broadcast and in most cases all the games. I watched 5 games on Sat and a few on Sunday this time. So here are a few things.

1) Overall broadcast wasn't bad. There were some problems here and there but I enjoy being able to watch the the games.
2) This one is a BIG issue. First keep the Lex Cath kids out of the booth. They have no purpose there. The guy doing the commentary had some issues. Some thing he stated in different games. "I thought all 5 yd penalties were a first down" "Why are they using all three of their time outs? Do they get 3 more for the second half?" Just some very strange things at times. It drove me a little nuts.
3) There were some camera issues along with replay issues. The people in the booth need to know what they are talking about. There is no need for HS students to be in there. Improve the replay (too late/long or starting to late in the play). Give the guys a spotter or something to help with id of the players.
4) Overall I would say C. I would watch it again and I do not remember the past years being this bad.
A great job !!! Some people would gripe if it was espn doing the filming, so don't worry about it. Maybe next year they can come an spend their money to watch the boys.
The only thing I didn't like was Paintsville losing lol. But quite frankly you guys have done a hell of a job.
Overall a good experience for the players and fans. Seemed to be a bit unaware of some of the basic rules and calls being made, but not bad for a middle school experience.

Having listened to the commentator call for CAL to be blown out and then watch them win 12-0 was a joy! The post game interviews were spectacular and judging from the thousands of views that clip is getting, I am not the only one who things this.

Keep up the great work!
There were a few mistakes concerning names and numbers and even the name of a team, but there is a lot of pressure when you are talking live and everyone is listening! Loved the post game interviews, and as far as having a student in the booth.......they have to learn sometime and this was good experience. It's easy to be a critic when you are on the other side of the microphone. I am pleased with the ability to purchase DVD's of the games as a team or individual. Last year we paid $25.00 for semi-final game and never did get them. Overall rating B+
D IT UP Wrote:Also, I think it would be pretty awesome to play Sunday at Commonwealth. I know that would take an unbelievable amount of time and preparation to move everything overnight but how incredible would it be for a middle school kid to play in there for a state championship.

As long as its grass it won't happen. Thats why KHSAA Championships arent there.