Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All-State/East-West All-Star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone know when the All-State team will be announced?
they named a bunch of kids to all state team last night after the last game
Will there be a list posted of the All State teams or
who gets to play in the East-West All Star game?
Yes. As soon as it is posted to the middle school coaches listserv, I will post it here.
was chosen as the All State quarterback. I don't know if there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd team and such, but he was picked for 8th grade QB.

-gigiandgogo
congrats to zyaire.i think ther will be two teams picked this year one for east west and a kentucky team to rep.us in a fbu national championship game.i have been wrong before so dont put that in stone.
gigiandgogo Wrote:was chosen as the All State quarterback. I don't know if there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd team and such, but he was picked for 8th grade QB.

-gigiandgogo

Do you know if they do it by division? Because Castle Hatcher for Somerset Meece also made 8th grade all state QB.
Cody Morton #12 was named All-State Qb 8th grade. Was a Top Gun attendee with FBU last summer. Game MVP in title game yesterday and also had 6 tackles on D.
he had been selected at the awards banquet on Saturday night.

He is a great kid and very, very good player.

Here is his you tube video:

-gigiandgogo
Dalton Frasure from Prestonsburg made it as a rb, also Jordan Ray from Johnson Central made it as a center. 2 very talented athletes.
Zyaire Hughes is an athelete and Wells Purdom and Devharius Jones have tons of talent too
Good questions. I can assure you that we aren't stalling.

Submissions for the East vs West and Team Kentucky were due today. Submissions are now closed.

All players who were selected as All State (regardless of their division) will be automatically invited to Frankfort over Thanksgiving weekend to play.

Understand that there will be 4 (total) games over that weekend. This is different from the previous 2 years.

On Saturday, November 26th, Team Kentucky 8th graders and Team Kentucky 7th graders will play the respective teams from Missouri in the Football University National Tournament. These games will be played at Kentucky State University. Times TBA. The KMSFA will be placing 35 players on each of these teams (35 8th graders and 35 7th graders). This is a national tournament with 32 states represented. The final game will be for the National Championship and will be held over New Year's in San Antonio, TX in the Alamodome in conjunction with the US Army All American Game.

The following day, Sunday, November 27th, the KMSFA will host it's 3rd annual East vs West All Star game. New for this year, we will add a 7th grade game. The previous 2 years, the KMSFA had the top 50 8th grade players from the East battle the top 50 8th grade players from the West. For this year's game, we have trimmed the numbers down a little bit and it will be the top 45 8th graders from both sides versus one another. The 7th grade game will include the top 35 players versus one another. PLAYERS SELECTED FOR TEAM KENTUCKY DO NOT PLAY ON THIS DATE. The rosters for these 2 different events will be completely different.

We hope you will all plan on spending that weekend with us in Frankfort. Come out and support YOUR Commonwealth's best and brightest as we play some more football!
when will the list of players for each team be posted?will their coach know before they are posted?
if you havent seen these kids play pull up you tube and type in their name.hard hitters!!!
Yes. Coaches, players and their parents will be contacted first.

I will post on here as soon as the list is released on the coaches Listserv.
thanks.so if i havent heard from anyone more than likely my son didnt make one of the teams?again thanks for all you guys do!
Not yet. Submissions closed yesterday. All State selections have not even been notified which team they are on yet.

The committee will finalize the rosters on all 4 teams ASAP. Process will take just a few days. I apologize for the wait, but there is a lot of legwork involved in evaluating EVERY submission.

Thank you all for your continued patience.
gigiandgogo Wrote:was chosen as the All State quarterback. I don't know if there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd team and such, but he was picked for 8th grade QB.

-gigiandgogo

I thought that LO's 8th grade QB among others were ruled ineligible due to age.
thanks for the info.we live and breathe football at our house and were not ready for it to end.
Good luck to all the kids submitted
Does basketball season effect this any?
I know a lot of kids will be moving on to the hardwood, is it possible for them to still play in this or will most bball coaches not let them?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Does basketball season effect this any?
I know a lot of kids will be moving on to the hardwood, is it possible for them to still play in this or will most bball coaches not let them?

I don't know about other schools but 75-80% of our basketball team plays football. Although there only may be one or even 2 in some cases playing in the East/West game, bball coaches should not bite the hand that feeds them so to speak.
^
Exactly, i think they should let them play in this game.
Any news on selection yet???
The process in selecting these player(s) is a joke. One in mind, an 8th grade player was nominated to the all- star team just because he is the son of a head coach. The kid is non athletic, slow, heavy feet and does not have any kind of skill to be playing DB.
Funny that you say that, FBfan because our head coach didn't know his son had been selected until he saw his trophy just before it was presented after the finals Saturday. Don't take anything away from the kids who DO make it by saying things like that. These are kids who play hard and love the game. As with any selection process, everybody isn't going to be happy.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Funny that you say that, FBfan because our head coach didn't know his son had been selected until he saw his trophy just before it was presented after the finals Saturday. Don't take anything away from the kids who DO make it by saying things like that. These are kids who play hard and love the game. As with any selection process, everybody isn't going to be happy.

Not taking away anything from a player(s) that deserve to be niminated or pick....but if you know who I'm taking about, then you would agree that this player is not worthy of being pick...let alone nominated. The player in mind does not even a stater. Just because daddy is the head coach. So mant player were passed up for nimination to make roon for his kid...Sorry but I don't agree.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Funny that you say that, FBfan because our head coach didn't know his son had been selected until he saw his trophy just before it was presented after the finals Saturday. Don't take anything away from the kids who DO make it by saying things like that. These are kids who play hard and love the game. As with any selection process, everybody isn't going to be happy.

I think its funny you jumped on this so quickly and knew who it was. The reason you did know who it was is because FBforlife is right. Anyone who knows this game can tell in an instant and a lot of other people saw it too and have seen it all year. Little Johnny isn't a qb or db and everyone knows it. Sorry TigerFan, so do you.
No idea who he's talking about and it really doesn't matter. I'm just not a fan of negativity towards kids.
TigerFan3 Wrote:No idea who he's talking about and it really doesn't matter. I'm just not a fan of negativity towards kids.

Dude, you serious with that post? Go back and read what you posted after FB4Life exposed your so called qb/db. You were defending him calling him by name (our coach, daddy, whatever). If he shows up for the KY team practices he will be exposed in seconds and people will be looking for answers on why they chose a kid over one that is better and put more into it. I doubt he shows though cause daddy knows he will get broke in half. Sorry TigerFan don't make excuses for the daddy.
Pages: 1 2 3