Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ripkin or PLL...why not both?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
:welcome:
Why can't the children of Johnson County play in both leagues...Ripken & PLL ? Is it in the "Official Rulebook" or that of the local PLL Bd Members ? It has turned out to be City/County leagues, which of course makes for a bigger rivalry between the schools. {which I don't think is needed} I'd like to hear some opinions from "both sides"....see there we go again....SIDES ! )
:rules:
It is not a Little League rule. It maybe in the PLL by-laws though.

LL rule book states that you can play in another league as long as the pitching rules are followed. There is also a rule during allstar play, but I can't recall the details.
What if a kid is asked to pitch for his PLL team on Monday. Then he has to come back on Tuesday and pitch for his Cal Ripken team. What will he do? By not allowing kids to play in both leagues this prevents players from having to choose what team to throw for. Any kid with the desire to play will want to pitch both games, but his arm may not let him. Another thing, what if a kid has a game scheduled on the same day in both leagues? He'll have to choose which team to play for. I think it is a great idea. Just my opinion though.
I would have LOVED the oppurtunity to play more baseball. I was a pitcher in little league and it would have been sweet to be able to throw more then i did!
I just don't see how kids could do both. Eventually games and practices are going to be at the same time. Is it fair to the other kids, that chose to play for one league, suffer because another kid has gone over to play a LL game or visa-versa?? In the end for a pitcher, it's going to hurt them, they are going to destroy their arm at a young age.....and then when it comes to high school and college their futures are over.
Here is one for ya. I have heard that both leagues are scheduled to open on the same date. So what is the kid to do? Also what about the coach? He has 12 kids on a team and 3 or 4 of his kids play in both leagues and they have games scheduled on the same day. What is the coach from either league to do? He has no idea who will show and it isn't fair to the other kids on the team to have to take a forfiet. So I do agree with only playing in one league.
Everything That Has Been Said ....i See Your Point. I Just Think Both Leagues Should Be Kept Open For Those Players Who Do Want To Play In Both Leagues. I Know Players Who Are In The Starting Line-up, Would Not Be Able To Play In Both....but Those Who Just Get To Play A Couple Of Innings Out Of A Game, May Benifit More Playing In 2 Separate Leagues...if Made Possible.
I honestly am not trying to start anything with my comments here but is it true that kids that are in Middle school on up at Johnson County have been told, or at least warned, that if they choose PLL over Cal Ripken that they would not be welcomed to play for Johnson County Middle or High School???
I do know that at least a couple of kids that played on PLL Jr. league State champs team seemed very excited about this coming year and having a chance at a 3 peat for State, and were very dad set that they were going to play for PLL, then now have changed their minds and are playing Babe Ruth. I was told that Playing for their Middle/High school teams became in jeapordy.
I honestly don't know if there is any truth to this and I hope not. But does anyone know the truth???
I do know that if my son chose to play Babe Ruth it would have no effect on his play at Paintsville, Varsity or JV.
"The Guru" Wrote:I honestly am not trying to start anything with my comments here but is it true that kids that are in Middle school on up at Johnson County have been told, or at least warned, that if they choose PLL over Cal Ripken that they would not be welcomed to play for Johnson County Middle or High School???
I do know that at least a couple of kids that played on PLL Jr. league State champs team seemed very excited about this coming year and having a chance at a 3 peat for State, and were very dad set that they were going to play for PLL, then now have changed their minds and are playing Babe Ruth. I was told that Playing for their Middle/High school teams became in jeapordy.
I honestly don't know if there is any truth to this and I hope not. But does anyone know the truth???
I do know that if my son chose to play Babe Ruth it would have no effect on his play at Paintsville, Varsity or JV.
I doubt this is true. I have been to every Cal Ripken meeting and it has always been said it will not be held against anyone who stays at PLL. That being said I am sure the JCMS and JCHS coaches would encourage those kids in the 13-15 division to play middle school ball because their seasons coinside. The junior league played four games last year before all-stars, so what happens to those kids who don't make all-stars? PLL hangs it's hat on it's all-star play and they have alot to be proud of but the new league will be great for the 13-15 division. If your son will not have it held against him for playing Babe Ruth why not bring him over? I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms. If everyone did this they could keep that team together and play alot more baseball. Do you think it would be harder to win a state tournament in the babe ruth division. I hear alot of people saying this was a political move and I'm sure politics played it's part,but if polotics isn't played both ways why aren't more paintsville kids signing up for this new league. The new league has more money, and has no problem keeping up with it. the facilities at PLL have went to pot the last two years and the only reason you will see upgrades is the threat of this new league. So if nothing else the parents of PLL should thank the Cal Ripken league for helping get their program back in shape. PLL is full of good hard working parents and I hope it flourishes.
"The Guru" Wrote:I honestly am not trying to start anything with my comments here but is it true that kids that are in Middle school on up at Johnson County have been told, or at least warned, that if they choose PLL over Cal Ripken that they would not be welcomed to play for Johnson County Middle or High School???

Lol, completely false!

If you are not wanting anything started, why start it?

Get over yourself and your hatred for the county system. Why bring the children into this. No one has but you in this post! I realize this could be damaging for a couple of years to the kids that are of age, but I look into the future and what a dominating area this could be! Imagine having TWO leagues that are great in state competition. Now that is what I am talking about. Instead of 12-15 12yr olds having rings, now this area could have 24-30! What is wrong with that thinking?
Geez, nobody said that they hated the county system here. The Guru clearly said that he was not trying to start anything. I have also heard this from several of the players at JC. Not sure if this is true but I hope it's not. There is nothing wrong with that thinking that 24-30 rings but they've not competed in a state tournament yet in Cal Ripken this will be the first season, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how the jc cal ripken league will do in state competition.
I have also heard that coaches from PLL have put pressure on the fathers of these kids to keep them. Offers of coaching, etc. Lol, is this true or rumor?
"Pupaw" Wrote:Geez, nobody said that they hated the county system here. The Guru clearly said that he was not trying to start anything. I have also heard this from several of the players at JC. Not sure if this is true but I hope it's not. There is nothing wrong with that thinking that 24-30 rings but they've not competed in a state tournament yet in Cal Ripken this will be the first season, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how the jc cal ripken league will do in state competition.

My reason for replying is simple:
If someone is saying they don't want to start something, why mention it in a public forum? It just looks like a trouble-making comment to me. If doesn't want to start trouble on this subject on here, don't post it. If he has a problem with these rumors and he is a concerned citizen, ask the principals of the school systems that he is implicating! Or better yet, call the league pres. Jason Hurt. He needs to know!
Sorry about my ranting, but I don't like the kids of Johnson County and the school system being put down with just rumors! If I am not mistaken, that can get you kicked off here!:rules:
"Eagle Pride 90`" Wrote:I doubt this is true. I have been to every Cal Ripken meeting and it has always been said it will not be held against anyone who stays at PLL. That being said I am sure the JCMS and JCHS coaches would encourage those kids in the 13-15 division to play middle school ball because their seasons coinside. The junior league played four games last year before all-stars, so what happens to those kids who don't make all-stars? PLL hangs it's hat on it's all-star play and they have alot to be proud of but the new league will be great for the 13-15 division. If your son will not have it held against him for playing Babe Ruth why not bring him over? I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms. If everyone did this they could keep that team together and play alot more baseball. Do you think it would be harder to win a state tournament in the babe ruth division. I hear alot of people saying this was a political move and I'm sure politics played it's part,but if polotics isn't played both ways why aren't more paintsville kids signing up for this new league. The new league has more money, and has no problem keeping up with it. the facilities at PLL have went to pot the last two years and the only reason you will see upgrades is the threat of this new league. So if nothing else the parents of PLL should thank the Cal Ripken league for helping get their program back in shape. PLL is full of good hard working parents and I hope it flourishes.

My son's Jr L team played around 15 reg. season games.
"Eagle Eye" Wrote:Lol, completely false!

Didn't know it was funny...but I am certainly glad to see it isn't true!!! It would make no sense at all, And I know Coach Hall would want his future stars to play as much and anywhere they wanted, or at least that is the way I think of him.
Quote: [b]Originally posted by jchsrulz:
My reason for replying is simple:
If someone is saying they don't want to start something, why mention it in a public forum? It just looks like a trouble-making comment to me. If doesn't want to start trouble on this subject on here, don't post it. If he has a problem with these rumors and he is a concerned citizen, ask the principals of the school systems that he is implicating! Or better yet, call the league pres. Jason Hurt. He needs to know!
Sorry about my ranting, but I don't like the kids of Johnson County and the school system being put down with just rumors! If I am not mistaken, that can get you kicked off here!:rules:<SCRIPT type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>
[/b]
1st: All The Guru did was ask a question. And he got some answers. 2nd: What can a Cal Ripken League President do about what goes on inside of the County Education System and it's coaches? Nothing! 3rd: Why ask the principals? OH, I forgot they are all the Board members of this seperate intity League. As well as the treasurer. Well, I guess the public has alot of input here don't they. Yes, I know the meetings are open to the public, which I have attended, just not the League Board Positions.
But, you are entitled to rant. We all have done it. Who cares what League they play in. As long as they are playing ball and having FUN! That's all that counts. If anyone is undecided on where to play, ask your kid. What ever he or she says is where they will be the happiest and have more FUN! That being said. PLAYBALL!!!
&quot;jchsrulz&quot; Wrote:If you are not wanting anything started, why start it?

Get over yourself and your hatred for the county system. Why bring the children into this. No one has but you in this post! I realize this could be damaging for a couple of years to the kids that are of age, but I look into the future and what a dominating area this could be! Imagine having TWO leagues that are great in state competition. Now that is what I am talking about. Instead of 12-15 12yr olds having rings, now this area could have 24-30! What is wrong with that thinking?
GET OVER MYSELF????
Since this has been rumored, why not bring it up??? Now it can be answered by people that know!!!
And you posts about 12 year old having rings shows you know nothing about what you type!
Anyone that knows me, knows that I have never had a hatred of the County School!!! Where did you get that from....Oh!!!! I know....your:moon:
&quot;jchsrulz&quot; Wrote:My reason for replying is simple:
Sorry about my ranting, but I don't like the kids of Johnson County and the school system being put down with just rumors! If I am not mistaken, that can get you kicked off here!:rules:

I said....no wait, you wouldn't understand!!!
What have I started???? Name it??? I asked a question about rumors, that can now be cleared up on a public forum!! I did not in anyway put the County School or Cal Ripken down!!!
I have not started any rumors, on here or anywhere!! I asked about a rumor that I thougfht was stupid, and instead of getting a straight answer, I get you on here talking about shit you know nothing about!!
GET OVER YOURSELF!!!
&quot;Eagle Pride 90`&quot; Wrote:I doubt this is true. I have been to every Cal Ripken meeting and it has always been said it will not be held against anyone who stays at PLL. That being said I am sure the JCMS and JCHS coaches would encourage those kids in the 13-15 division to play middle school ball because their seasons coinside. The junior league played four games last year before all-stars, so what happens to those kids who don't make all-stars? PLL hangs it's hat on it's all-star play and they have alot to be proud of but the new league will be great for the 13-15 division. If your son will not have it held against him for playing Babe Ruth why not bring him over? I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms. If everyone did this they could keep that team together and play alot more baseball. Do you think it would be harder to win a state tournament in the babe ruth division. I hear alot of people saying this was a political move and I'm sure politics played it's part,but if polotics isn't played both ways why aren't more paintsville kids signing up for this new league. The new league has more money, and has no problem keeping up with it. the facilities at PLL have went to pot the last two years and the only reason you will see upgrades is the threat of this new league. So if nothing else the parents of PLL should thank the Cal Ripken league for helping get their program back in shape. PLL is full of good hard working parents and I hope it flourishes.
First.....PLL will be going thru some upgrades this year and it is not because of Cal Ripken, they will be hosting the 11-12 year old state this year!!!
The first few years I do think Babe Ruth will struggle.
As to why more are not signing up...I guess you are talking about kids that attend Paintsville. If so, it is probably because Cal Ripken has been concentrating on the County kids. They have never been to any Paintsville games holding signups. BTW...PLL is off to their best start in years in signups so far.
If my son tells me he wants to play Babe Ruth, He will be there, I promise!!!
&quot;Eagle Eye&quot; Wrote:I have also heard that coaches from PLL have put pressure on the fathers of these kids to keep them. Offers of coaching, etc. Lol, is this true or rumor?
I honestly have no idea!!! I am not kept in-the-know about these matters!!!
I was banned from coaching there a lonnnngggg time ago!!! LOL!!!
&quot;jchsrulz&quot; Wrote:If you are not wanting anything started, why start it?

I do not believe The Guru was trying or wanting to "start" anything.Rolleyes If there was ever a Paintsville fan, who was nice to JC people and considerate of the county, it would be The Guru. Your tone concerning him is about to prove that you're exactly what everyone is saying you are on the back channels here. :Nodding: Confusedecret:

I've done my best to be as supportive as possible to the county kids on here. I want them to win or be successful when they aren't playing Paintsville & I want them to play their best, when playing Paintsville so that when it's(the game or event) over, everyone will know they've given their best efforts!:rock:

My views have been influenced by The Guru on here and by his posts and helpful insights on other sports chat forums he was a member of.

The Guru has shown me how to be a bigger person, because trust me, a couple of years ago I NEVER wanted to see the county have ANYTHING.

From reading his posts, and casually chatting with him once or twice at a game/practice, and being able to understanding how he sincerely feels about the children of this county, your comments about him, make me truly sorry for your stupidity and how little regard you have for the way you are making people feel about your school. (Perception is Everything)
Nearly all of your posts continue to prove that there's still a "Boulder on the Shoulder" of many eagles, why do that to your school? If you can't say something nice, smart, or tactful, why post at all?
Maybe if anyone on here needed to ever "get over ones self" while refraining from embracing paranoia, it might just be you.

Who cares if there's two leagues! We just wanted to know if what we'd been told was true! We heard 3 kids were gonna be benched from varsity, if they played PLL. Because this is what one of their parents had mentioned! Now word has it that 2 of them aren't gonna be playing PLL, so you tell us! & another thing, why should anyone be able to ask the county administration anything about this league? Are they funding it?:king: Good LUck CRL!

And one more thing, if you feel this way about 24-30 kids having rings, I bet you're all for allowing the black cheer squad and the gold cheer squad to compete as two seperate squads and have 40 winners in cheer competitions too!:thumb:
&quot;SnakE&quot; Wrote:I do not believe The Guru was trying or wanting to "start" anything.Rolleyes If there was ever a Paintsville fan, who was nice to JC people and considerate of the county, it would be The Guru. Your tone concerning him is about to prove that you're exactly what everyone is saying you are on the back channels here. :Nodding: Confusedecret:

I've done my best to be as supportive as possible to the county kids on here. I want them to win or be successful when they aren't playing Paintsville & I want them to play their best, when playing Paintsville so that when it's(the game or event) over, everyone will know they've given their best efforts!:rock:

My views have been influenced by The Guru on here and by his posts and helpful insights on other sports chat forums he was a member of.

The Guru has shown me how to be a bigger person, because trust me, a couple of years ago I NEVER wanted to see the county have ANYTHING.

From reading his posts, and casually chatting with him once or twice at a game/practice, and being able to understanding how he sincerely feels about the children of this county, your comments about him, make me truly sorry for your stupidity and how little regard you have for the way you are making people feel about your school. (Perception is Everything)
Nearly all of your posts continue to prove that there's still a "Boulder on the Shoulder" of many eagles, why do that to your school? If you can't say something nice, smart, or tactful, why post at all?
Maybe if anyone on here needed to ever "get over ones self" while refraining from embracing paranoia, it might just be you.

Who cares if there's two leagues! We just wanted to know if what we'd been told was true! We heard 3 kids were gonna be benched from varsity, if they played PLL. Because this is what one of their parents had mentioned! Now word has it that 2 of them aren't gonna be playing PLL, so you tell us! & another thing, why should anyone be able to ask the county administration anything about this league? Are they funding it?:king: Good LUck CRL!

And one more thing, if you feel this way about 24-30 kids having rings, I bet you're all for allowing the black cheer squad and the gold cheer squad to compete as two seperate squads and have 40 winners in cheer competitions too!:thumb:

WOW!!! Thanks for the support SnakE!!! BTW...Who are you???
&quot;SnakE&quot; Wrote:I do not believe The Guru was trying or wanting to "start" anything.Rolleyes If there was ever a Paintsville fan, who was nice to JC people and considerate of the county, it would be The Guru. Your tone concerning him is about to prove that you're exactly what everyone is saying you are on the back channels here. :Nodding: Confusedecret:

:theman: :loveya: :thumb: :flame:

How much more dominating can it be??? PLL is probably one of the top 5 baseball leagues in the entire state!!!
Must be a "Freudian Thing".
&quot;SnakE&quot; Wrote:Must be a "Freudian Thing".

I am confused???
I just wanna know why anyone would allow someone, as obviously misinformed as jchsrulz is, to get them "farred up" and @ this hour?! Now, can we Confusedleep: ?
&quot;The Guru&quot; Wrote:WOW!!! Thanks for the support SnakE!!! BTW...Who are you???
O pleaseeeeeze. Try a little pillow talk.

Do you really think that the whole world is so stupid that the whole Guru, Ridge Runner, Fuzzy5118, SnakE connection is not evident and not revealing of what your true motives are? You and your sidekick need to get a real life. BTW, I love the whole ask a question and then get an answer at the same time thing that you got going on. Real ingenious.
Dolphinsfan?? Long time no hear. Missed ya.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7