Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morrison or Redick??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is the top player in the nation??

Adam Morrison or J.J. Redick??
:argue: :yesno:
Morrison is great, but I think theres quite a few players that could score points like that against the likes of Loyola and Portland and the other weak schools they play...JJ plays tough ACC competition and is surrounded by other scorers such as Williams, McRoberts, Nelson, and Dockery...
I'd take Morrison based on his overall game, but JJ has increased that aspect so much, it makes it a very hard choice.....
By the way I voted for Morrison. He is a better athlete and imo better defensively, and when he's on he can shot as good as Redick. He had 37points in the 2nd half last night which was unreal...had 44points for the game I believe.

I just believe he is better all around and that why he got my vote, but they are very, very, close however.
As much as I don't want to say it, I picked JJ at this point.
I'm going with JJ because he plays tougher competition every night. Not taking anything away from Morrison thought he is a heck of an athlete.
JJ is the better college player B/C he has the better team ! But he will not make any noise in the NBA !
I'd give Player of the Year to Morrison, but me thinks that Redick will get it just because of his name, the hype around him, and because he plays for Duke.

Oh yeah, I get to go to the Player and Coach of the Year Award presentation in Indy along with a one hour shoot-around for each team in the Final Four:Cheerlead Anyone want any autographs:rock:
Redick deserves it more.
Redick has became a much more rounded ball player since his Freshman year. He is truely one of a kind.
I think both are very good!
"alfus21" Wrote:Morrison is great, but I think theres quite a few players that could score points like that against the likes of Loyola and Portland and the other weak schools they play...JJ plays tough ACC competition and is surrounded by other scorers such as Williams, McRoberts, Nelson, and Dockery...

i disagree. Adam Morrison was scoring 43 against Michigan St. earlier this year. He has proven he can score against the best in the country. And you can't just write off a 44 point performance the other day because of who he was playing.

I think they are both very talented and would LOVE to have them on the Wildcats, but if i had to pick one i would take Mr. Morrison.
J.J. Redick. Best all around player.
They are both great... but I would chose Morrison
ill take morrison in this one!
ill take morrison in this one!:yesno:
J.J. he is doing this in the ACC and thats enough for me.
Morrison is much better, more complete.
Just because he has a mustache <jokes>
I'm going with the All-time Duke leading scorer, Mr. Jonathan Clay Redick... Morrison may be the better all around athlete but he is the only person on his team that does anything... J.J. has Dockery, Melchionni, Paulus, Nelson, McRoberts, and most important Shelden Williams and still get his 35 points a game... J.J. IMHO is the better player and he plays all the time... he averages something like 35 minutes a game
&quot;cardinalfan27&quot; Wrote:I'm going with the All-time Duke leading scorer, Mr. Jonathan Clay Redick... Morrison may be the better all around athlete but he is the only person on his team that does anything... J.J. has Dockery, Melchionni, Paulus, Nelson, McRoberts, and most important Shelden Williams and still get his 35 points a game... J.J. IMHO is the better player and he plays all the time... he averages something like 35 minutes a game

You just pointed out why i think Morrison is better. Opposing teams do not only have to worry about jj. they have stop the other players too. Adam Morrison really doesnt have that. He has a pretty solid big man in batista but he is no sheldon williams. I think Morrison has less talent surrounding him and he still gets his team the victory most of the time.
J.j
o
&quot;corndog23&quot; Wrote:You just pointed out why i think Morrison is better. Opposing teams do not only have to worry about jj. they have stop the other players too. Adam Morrison really doesnt have that. He has a pretty solid big man in batista but he is no sheldon williams. I think Morrison has less talent surrounding him and he still gets his team the victory most of the time.

...WCC
... J.J. also has to fight a lot harder for his shot than Morrison does... if you have seen Gonzaga and Duke play you know what I'm talking about... both are very very good though but I think J.J. has the edge... if Morrison played in the ACC or Big East we probably wouldn't be having this discussion but he doesn't so you have to weigh it out...
Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm fed up with DookieV, Mike Patrick and ESPN promoting JJ as the greatest shooter of all time. Fact: Pete Marivitch scored 3,600+ points in only 3 seasons of collegiate basketball and JJ has only scored 2,500 in 4 seasons. Not even close to who's the greatest shooter of all time. Redick couldn't even carry Marivitch's jock.
&quot;Yellow Snow&quot; Wrote:Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm fed up with DookieV, Mike Patrick and ESPN promoting JJ as the greatest shooter of all time. Fact: Pete Marivitch scored 3,600+ points in only 3 seasons of collegiate basketball and JJ has only scored 2,500 in 4 seasons. Not even close to who's the greatest shooter of all time. Redick couldn't even carry Marivitch's jock.

Was a different time and much easier to score then and defenders nowhere near as talented as today
&quot;cardinalfan27&quot; Wrote:o

...WCC
... J.J. also has to fight a lot harder for his shot than Morrison does... if you have seen Gonzaga and Duke play you know what I'm talking about... both are very very good though but I think J.J. has the edge... if Morrison played in the ACC or Big East we probably wouldn't be having this discussion but he doesn't so you have to weigh it out...

But Morrison doesn't have the supporting cast that Redick does- that makes Morrison better even with the double teams and all that Redick gets
Only thing that makes Morrison good is his conference and how weak it is.
Put him in the ACC, see what he does..
Morrison because they are not looking for who can shoot they are looking for the best on d and Offence Morrison Deserves it he can do it all play in the post the outside wherever he can play there on the other hand reddick can only play the 2 position because all he can do is shoot.
Maybe I'm living in a dream world watching Duke play, but I've seen Redick drive to the goal numerous times.
MORRISON! Gonzaga will go further than duke in the tournament

(sweet avatar, btw, hp2006)
They both are great players we all know that,but i think morrison is better player.He is more of a complete player than redick,he can take you inside and outside...Plus morrison has a bigger body than redick which will help morrison exceed at the pro level...