Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KMSFA 2011 Semi-final Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please find attached the brackets for the 2011 KMSFA State Semi-finals to be held in Lexington this coming weekend.
bump
What was the final score of the WC/JC game?
^

Whitley County 34
Johnson Central 6
Correct. I'm not sure why Coach White didn't have this on the bracket??
^
Its fine.
I wasnt asking because of the bracket i was just asking because i really didnt know the final score. Then i looked at another thread where i had asked and a couple of posters answered me.
Thanks.
the body of a text instead of the link to the bracket? Since I am a new member to the site, I can't see the link.

thanks,
gigiandgogo
The new brackets are up on the middle school association site.

I got them from that page.

Thanks.

gigiandgogo
Sent to your email, gigiandgogo
Just wondering why the KMSFA doesnt distract all the teams like they do in high school would make the playoff system a lot better and easier to set up also make all teams have a 10 game schedule only playing each disrtact team once. And also set something in place that would prevent teams from cancling like 1st time forfit and after two or three 1 year sup. from playoffs. I also think they need to work some thing out with getting a middle school reg. officals like they do in high school. I think this is a great thing and should combine all the sports to make it more like the KHSAA.
KHSAA would be great to take over the middle school sports! People just havent gotten the full effect of the KYMSFA yet! How can Meece play in a conference with 4 other teams then when playoffs begin they drop to D1 instead of D3 like the others? If the tourneys are seeded how is it Northern Pulaski has to play Farnsley to get into the finals? Arent they the top 2 teams? Shouldnt they be opposite and meet in the finals instead of semis?
Also if KYMSFA is such a upstanding ASSociation, why is it they said they would post the numbers from the combine last Thanksgiving weekend and them still not be posted? I wonder what was posted and who saw what they posted, if anything was posted. I would strongly consider before I went to that combine if anyone is thinking about it. Total mockery of what a combine is suspossed to be!
Beast33 Wrote:KHSAA would be great to take over the middle school sports! People just havent gotten the full effect of the KYMSFA yet! How can Meece play in a conference with 4 other teams then when playoffs begin they drop to D1 instead of D3 like the others? If the tourneys are seeded how is it Northern Pulaski has to play Farnsley to get into the finals? Arent they the top 2 teams? Shouldnt they be opposite and meet in the finals instead of semis?
Also if KYMSFA is such a upstanding ASSociation, why is it they said they would post the numbers from the combine last Thanksgiving weekend and them still not be posted? I wonder what was posted and who saw what they posted, if anything was posted. I would strongly consider before I went to that combine if anyone is thinking about it. Total mockery of what a combine is suspossed to be!

Its obvious that the regions are set up to match the playoffs.
You want to talk khsaa? Thats where all the jokes are.
If you think Farnsley and N. Pulaski should have been on opposite sides of the brackets then why is it Bell County is stuck in the west in 3A football in high school and has to go against Lville Central instead of being in the east and meeting Breathitt ot Belfry in the semis.
Because, thats the way the geography falls.
If there that good they'll prove it.
I hope the KHSAA never gets their hands on middle school football. KYMSFA does an outstanding job running the state tournament. The KHSAA never cared enough start the state tournament. It would be a shame for them to step in and take over after the groundwork has been laid.
Be careful what you ask for.
I think KYMSFA does a fine job!!
When I started this I wasnt saying that they did a bad job i think its great but still needs a lot of work i understand its hard to put teams in distracts but it needs done. would help the playoff system some I think. and I had other suggestions as well
@bigdog79 (and I guess everyone else on this site that is interested) - As we are a 100% volunteer organization, and since you have "other suggestions as well", I hope you will email me at jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com so we can get you plugged in?

I'm not being sarcastic here. We want and need people from all across this state that understand the value of middle school football. We all share a passion for that. If you have ideas, we want them.

We will be glad to take advantage of your passion, your committment, and your time. Email me so we can get you involved.

Thanks...

JTB
i dont think anyone knows what all you guys have done for middle school football and the kids.we never had any kind of tournament for these kids,we had no awards for hard play and sportsmanship(all state players),and fbu would not have come to kentucky with out you guys.i give you a thumbs up and thank you guys for all you do.my son has really benefited from what youve done.
bigdog79 Wrote:When I started this I wasnt saying that they did a bad job i think its great but still needs a lot of work i understand its hard to put teams in distracts but it needs done. would help the playoff system some I think. and I had other suggestions as well

What was all the middle school football teams doing "4" years ago? Playing basketball. I'm sure glad that the folks got this going. I for one know that it has gotten better every year. I'm sure they will take any input and time you have to offer. Thanks KYMSFA.:1:
For those interested in the history of KYMSFA and hopefully getting more involved here is a gallery of most of the events of KYMSFA since it started in 2008.

http://www.mesmerphoto.com/KYMSFA/KYMSFA...806_xNZ4Dp

Slideshow:

http://www.mesmerphoto.com/photos/swfpop...Key=xNZ4Dp

You can speed up the slideshow in the upper right of the full screen mode.
BigBlue12 Wrote:What was all the middle school football teams doing "4" years ago? Playing basketball. I'm sure glad that the folks got this going. I for one know that it has gotten better every year. I'm sure they will take any input and time you have to offer. Thanks KYMSFA.:1:
Great post: i agree this is great for football in the state of Kentucky. my son has played in this tournament the last two years and I have watched as it grows . The KMSFA has done wonders for the interest in a basketball state, so lets all get on board and make this thing work. it is already better than the middle school basketball tournament in my opinion.
id like to wish all the teams good luck this weekend.i pray no one gets hurt and all the teams play to the best of their ability.im pulling for lone oak to win this weekend,but would like to see sportsmanship from all the teams.may god be with each and everyone of the kids this weekend!!!!
let's all be thankful that we have a Middle School State Playoff system of any type. To those of you who formed the association, staff it, organize it and make sure the rest of us have an opportunity to watch these young men battle it out on the field, THANK YOU!

There was some great football in Lex last weekend and I look forward to watching some more of again this weekend.

Good luck to every team participating and may all teams show great sportsmanship and walk away injury free!
Unofficial parking instructions.

Knowing the territory around both schools here is a map of the area with recommended parking.

You probably will not be able to park 'on-campus' at Lexington Catholic. The limited space is needed for handicap parking and the constant flow of bus traffic in and out, officials, volunteers, etc. There will likely be volunteers at the entrance controlling access. Please be nice to them if they indicate you can not park in parking lot.

And for those going to the 7th grade semi-finals tomorrow the school parking lots are not near the field. There is street parking next to the field but it fills quickly.

So in both case plan to walk about 5 - 10 minutes.

Parking is available at Clays Mill Elementary School across Clays Mills Street from LexCath. The drop off loop at Clays Mill is used for bus parking so cars should NOT park in the loop but only the regular lot.

Parking at Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary is NOT available until after 6 p.m. on either day due to evening services on Saturday and Sunday.

Use the side streets adjacent to LexCath for parking. The residents are used to this for big games and even every day parking since students have to park on the streets during school days. At Lafayette using the parking spaces in front of the school before you get to the tennis courts is usually easy. It is a 5 minute walk but just plan for it.

It is not an easy to walk between the two fields though the fields look close on the map as the crow flies. There is no access from the LexCath field to the street directly behind the field. The field is bordered by private homes and enclosed in a tall fence. And the road system layout makes it long walk. Plan to drive if going between the two fields.

Also - NO NOISE MAKERS, BULLHORNS, air raid sirens, etc. until after 11 a.m. Even the PA system will be off until then.

[Image: Parking-for-KYMSFA-L.jpg]