Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Grade Divsion 1 State Semifinal Matchups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Games will be held at Lexington Catholic

Whitley County vs. Bowling Green Saturday October 29th 5:00 P.M.
North Pulaski vs. Farnsley Saturday October 29th 7:00 P.M.

The two winner will meet Sunday October 30th @ 6:30 P.M.

Good luck to all team and congrats on making it this far.
northern puaski vs farnsley may be the best 5.00 admission ticket you could possibly buy!!!!!
Its great you can watch these games online. Looking forward to it. I wish the ones from yesterday were online. Good luck to all
Good Luck BG Purples!!
KMsFA2 might be able to answer this question i have.
Would there be any way to move the championship game to a week after the semis sometime in the future.
I know it probably works best for all those involved but i can only imagine how rough it must be for these kids to play back to back football games when they should be resting on the second day.

I know you all are still working out the kinks and ETC. but this is something i just thought about and remember thinking it last year while keeping up with corbins success.
Is it possible to return to Lex Cath the next weekend or is that not an option?
If thats the case, is there any way possible to move it to one of the fayette public schools?

Just something to wonder on...
This is a great question. Its also something that the board discusses yearly.

We have a couple of issues. I will just tell you that the main ones are not necessarily related to the availability of the Lexington Catholic facility. They are a lot to do with simple logistics/time frame though.

We have schools that are already pressed for time with their respective football programs lasting into the end of October because of their participation in the state playoffs. While its not a concern for our organization necessarily, we recognize that basketball coaches (this is Kentucky afterall) want those players to move inside so they can start practicing/playing.

The first year of the state championships (2008), the semi-finals and finals were held on the same day. As in Bluegrass Middle School and Bell County Middle School played 2 games on that Saturday and Bluegrass was able to win. The following year, we made the adjustment to what we currently have.

Most teams stay the night in Lexington on Saturday. This elminates the need for a team from say far Eastern Kentucky or far Western Kentucky from having to drive back to their home, only to have to do the same round trip the following week if we were to extend it another week for the finals.

One last point before someone asks about this. The semi-finals and finals are held at Lexington Catholic not because of President Greg Mitchell's involvement there. The main reason we hold it there (and it is an EXCELLENT facility) is the fact that 90-95% of the volunteers who work for us that weekend are affiliated with LexCath. We've been asked this before, but there has never been a facility available to us that was in an area with that much dedicated manpower and support. Until that changes, these events will almost certainly remain at LexCath, and rightfully so.

Great questions. I hope I've answered them to your satisfaction.

JTB
KMSFA2 Wrote:This is a great question. Its also something that the board discusses yearly.

We have a couple of issues. I will just tell you that the main ones are not necessarily related to the availability of the Lexington Catholic facility. They are a lot to do with simple logistics/time frame though.

We have schools that are already pressed for time with their respective football programs lasting into the end of October because of their participation in the state playoffs. While its not a concern for our organization necessarily, we recognize that basketball coaches (this is Kentucky afterall) want those players to move inside so they can start practicing/playing.

The first year of the state championships (2008), the semi-finals and finals were held on the same day. As in Bluegrass Middle School and Bell County Middle School played 2 games on that Saturday and Bluegrass was able to win. The following year, we made the adjustment to what we currently have.

Most teams stay the night in Lexington on Saturday. This elminates the need for a team from say far Eastern Kentucky or far Western Kentucky from having to drive back to their home, only to have to do the same round trip the following week if we were to extend it another week for the finals.

One last point before someone asks about this. The semi-finals and finals are held at Lexington Catholic not because of President Greg Mitchell's involvement there. The main reason we hold it there (and it is an EXCELLENT facility) is the fact that 90-95% of the volunteers who work for us that weekend are affiliated with LexCath. We've been asked this before, but there has never been a facility available to us that was in an area with that much dedicated manpower and support. Until that changes, these events will almost certainly remain at LexCath, and rightfully so.

Great questions. I hope I've answered them to your satisfaction.

JTB

I can certainly appreciate and accept that.
I to agree that Lex Cath is a great facility as i have been there to watch the high school team play.
I think Lexington is definitely the right place for the state championship and needs to be where the high school has theres only at commonwealth.
And thx to all of those from Lex Cath who help out, its hard to find someone who will commit to such a commitment and i feel you guys are on the right track and im sure you will definitely have the kinks worked out in the years to come.
The only thing that worries me is the money the middle schools have and are given in order to stay overnight in Lexington. I would assume there are a lot of middle schools out there who couldnt afford it or simply wouldnt give the team money, however, i think it should fall upon the coaches shoulder to hold fundraisers, etc to come up with the money. I also encourage teams who struggle with making the trip because of money during every round of the playoffs to try and get someone to sponser there trips, i dont know if that legal among the KMSFA rules, but i dont see how it could be any harm as long as the money is directly used for motel, food, etc...
barrel Wrote:Its great you can watch these games online. Looking forward to it. I wish the ones from yesterday were online. Good luck to all

How will we be able to view the Paintsville/Owensboro Catholic game online at 9AM Saturday? I would love to watch online because I do not think I will be able to go to the game. Thank you.
I am assuming the times listed for semi-finals are EST..
Eastern time is correct
Should be a great weekend of football. Kudos to the admin for running such a great tournament.
ShelbyDog Wrote:Should be a great weekend of football. Kudos to the admin for running such a great tournament.
I have seen the tournament up close the last two years because of my son playing for Northern Pulaski. I can tell you that the KMSFA does an outstanding job with this tournament. As a High school football coach I truly appreciate what they have done for football in the state of Kentucky. We live in a basketball driven state and they have made great strides in escalating the interest in football all around the state of Kentucky. The tournament has grown every year and will be even better each year. great job to all who are involved! :1:
Just a quick shout out to admin,Lexington Catholic, and the volunteers who make this all possible. Always a nice trip to watch football at any level at Lexington Catholic. Always worth the drive from Dry Ridge to watch sports there!
lmtiii Wrote:Any of the following:

http://www.ihigh.com/school31226 or http://www.ihigh.com/kymsfa
http://www.wmjr.net
http://www.prepspin.com
1380 AM Radio
94.9 FM Radio

Will this just be audio, or will this be video as well?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Will this just be audio, or will this be video as well?

All 8th grades should be live video. 7th grade semis will not be carried live but will be uploaded after game is over.

DVDs packages of games and photos will be available.
The prepspin and ihigh websites will be video.
The wmjr site looks like it is just audio.
Thanks guys.