Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pride in Ky Middle School.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I saw some of the most amazing football I'm Lexington and it wasn't at Commonwealth stadium it was at the Kmsfa playoffs
I echo those sentiments from Region 4 in Eastern Ky.
There were 4 fantastic games today. All of the teams represented their schools well and left it all on the field, it was a shame someone had to lose. Congratulations to all of the Players, Coaches, Parents and KMSFA staff.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Good Luck to Frankfort, CAL and both of Farnsley's 7th and 8th Grade teams.
Yes I sen the 1st 2 today and both very good game's. The FMS and Paris was a nail biter and very well played, hat's off to both team's. Go Panther's
Over the course of this yr I have watched many great middle school players showcase their talent. Today I saw seventh and eighth grade you men wage a battle on the gridiron. Farnsley,Union,Paris, Frankfort, Henry County,and Cal are to be commended om how their young men and fans conducted themselves I am very proud to be a coach in this great organization.
Congrats to all the teams who played today. Took a lot of work just to get to play today. A lot of teams were sitting at home today. Looks like the weather was great across the state for a lot of great football.

We were there for the Farnley 7th vs Union 7th. Congrats to Farnsley players for a great game. Congrats to Union for being able to score on them. I saw on another thread Farnsley 7th had allowed like 1 TD all season.

However, I have to say that our players and fans were not impressed with your "fans" ie Farnsley parents, taunting the Raiders at the end of the game with the "nah nah goodbye" chant. I mean we were down by 20 with 3 mins to go. Don't you think the boys felt bad enough? I thought that was rather classless. If that's the kind of student and parent your school attracts (magnet school, get it Smile) then it made your school look somewhat petty and pathetic.

What kind of sportsmanship is that? I don't recall our team or parents doing anything to deserve it. Your "fans", need to realize not only the players represent your school, but the parents and fans do too.

I hope none of the other losing teams had to deal with shabby treatment. Remember, you just played for the region championship. You didn't get there because you were awful.
I just read about the Farnsley fans and i must comment...
The Farnsley fans are very passionate. Everybody was stoked! Farnsley was playing the Undefeated Union Raiders! Not one chant was meant to disparage any one student who played the game. (have you not heard rivalry chants before?!). And nothing compares to the racial slurs the Farnsley boys experienced while ON the field!
You will never be disrespected by a Farnsley fan, coach or player.
But we will clap, stop, sing, holler, and cry as our boys play their game.

The boys played their hearts out. Farnsley sustained injuries. One with a broken ankle. Both Union Teams were very tough and well coached. Our toughest games thus far!...
We will not judge Union's program over a couple stupid racial remarks...just as We will not be judged by our fans singing a silly victory chant. Don't go to a high school game or college game if you don't want to hear Rivalry Chants!
First, sorry to hear the injury was a break. Never want to see that happen to any player. Hope it wasn't too severe a break and he can recover quickly. I wish him and his family the best and look forward to seeing him next season. Also, hope 5 is OK. He looked a little wobbley. Hopefully, just a good headache and he'll be ready to go next week.

It bugs the heck out of me to hear there is a bunch of crap going on on the field. I heard about some of it. Lot's of back and forths from both sides apparently. Aggravating and sad. I realize "taunting" is part of sports, but it should never be personal at this age. Our team/coaches don't condone that junk and, as I understand it, pulled one of our better recievers after a percieved slight and he got a little too verbal back.

Just so you know, I wasn't judging the Farnsley players, they played great, just making an observation on the "fans". In the two years we've played now, first time we've ran into that from the parents or fans of the other team. (and we've lost a few) I just thought it was unfortuante at this level. Still expect a "good game" from the other team, regardless of the score.

I've heard of rivalry chants and would expect it from a high schoold game, maybe a local team here in NKY where Ryle has a rivalry, but never been on the front end of new "rivlary" of a team we've never played or heard of before a couple weeks ago. Especially a rivalry started by the parents.

We've been excited and are a pretty vocal group to cheer our guys on, but I guess because our parents would never think to "rub it in", we just didn't expect it. I suspect if Farnsley had been on the recieving end, you might feel like I did. Maybe I'm touchy as we got knocked out.
Farnsley would have been touchy as well. I also was upset but it was a hand full of parents that chanted "goodbye". We didn't judge union based on the acts of a few nor do we hope to be judged on the acts of a few. We have much respect for the majority of union from coaches to fans to players and we hope that much is what we have from you.
I don't agree to what happen with the parents however we must know as being adults ourselves that coaches can not control the actions of some parents all though at times we would love to put tape over their just to get through a simple practice week!
Amen to dogfight