Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Union vs. Farnsley @ Lafayette High School 8th Grade D1 Region Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions?
Both the 7th Grade and 8th Grade games should be Very Entertaining.

I am not sure how many players on Union play on the 7th and 8th Grade teams, but Farnsley has a few 7th Graders that start on the 8th Grade team.

I give Farnsley a big edge in the 7th Grade game. They have outscored their opponents 342-6.

The 8th Grade game will be a toss up.

Should be a great weekend for Football!!
should be a couple of great games.
The Raiders 8th grade team has completely dominated every team they've played this year scoring 372 points while giving up 40. includes two playoff wins of 42-0 and 50-12.

7th graders lost to Corbin early in the year 30-14. besides that the've won seven games with a combined score of 251-12. Does not include playoff win over Anderson.

Only 7th graders on 7th grade team and 8th graders on 8th grade team.

Lokking forward to two great match ups!
Gloves are off in the am get ready no more 1000 pts scored to 0 points allowed. Its put up or shut up and the best team will win. I guarantee that.
The last play in D1 8th grade game:

Slideshow:

http://www.mesmerphoto.com/photos/swfpop...Key=LsMJFQ

Gallery without slidshow:

http://www.mesmerphoto.com/KYMSFA/2011-1...582_LsMJFQ
Raidernation where u at? Told you guys not to sleep on Farnsley. Figured the 7th grade game wouldn't be close. 8th grade game was as good as I've seen. Super fball game to watch
maybe he's busy working on the protest filing as this was not a touchdown. The receiver does not have possession on, over or across the plane of the goal line. The line judge who called it a touchdown is from the Farnsley district. The other line judge, not affiliated with either district called it a non touchdown. Add to the fact that the first line judge was miffed at Union due to an unrelated incident within the seventh grade game. I've witnessed a robbery before this game and witnessed another at it.
Was a great fame by both teams and the Union Raiders have nothing to hold their heads down for. Was a extremely close game and both teams played hard.
Really!! Wow I was there for both games. Don't recall any stick ups or robberies. I think there were questionable calls against both teams. The TD in the 8th grade game wasn't one of them. Union had an awsome season with just one loss. Just so happened that 1 is the one that ended their season.
Agreed Raider Nation. The boys deserve all the credit for showing heart and determination. Both teams dominated play for portions of the game, neither gave up and all involved showed relentless determination to win. What we witnessed last night was special and it was a shame that anyone had to lose that game. I have been doing this a long time, and feel terrible to see kids laying it one the line that way and have to walk away disappointed.
I couldn't agree more!
As a matter of record, the officials for this game were from the NKOA (Northern Kentucky). They were in no way affiliated with either team that was playing.

Also, all judgement calls by officials are final. There is no appealing a judgement call.

Congratulations to both teams on what was an outstanding contest.
Touchdown
Show me in the photos where the ball was in clean possession by the receiver as it crossed the plane of the goal line. Te ball ended up at the back of the end zone without the receiver within 5 yards of it. At the least a fumble, but not a touchdown. Dillon, there is more to life than taunting Raider Nation, and yes it was a robbery. The video (soon to come) will show it also.
Taunting is one thing having a coach yell out hit them in the legs is another. We had the wings of Andrew with us on that day.

In order to rob someone of something you have to steal. I am sure that everyone that watched the game on Saturday would say Farnsley played their hearts out and nothing was given to them. The referee made the call and if the call was for the other team Union I'm sure there would not be so many sore loser comments posted on this site.

Once again Farnsley is taking care of business get used to it we will be right in the thick of it for years to come and guess what God will be with us because on our team we operate under a code called brotherhood.

We love one another and we love you too.
Big Red as for your comment on my taunting of Raider Nation, taunting is not my style. I never did it as a player and frankly find it to be classless. It's obvious that when you can only read words and not actually hear a conversation, one is left to assume. As for Raider Nation I respect his opinions and enjoyed talking fball with him. As for you, you no what they say about assuming. It makes an A** out of you so mind your business. If Raider had no problem with out convos, neither should you!
wheres the video big red daddy, we are all waiting!!!
Must have been a great game to watch. Two awesome teams. It's just one of those games where someone has to lose. Videos and picture slides won't change the outcome. Last I checked there is no challenge flags or replay booth for 12-14 yr olds. Great season for both teams.
My error on the line judges being from Farnsley, I had conversation with an unbiased official from the KYMSFA who assured me this was not the case at all. I firmly believe him and apologize for my reference to the matter. And while I'm at it, occasionally good sense gives way to acts of thoughtless stupidity. I am aware that no protest, replay or senseless petitioning can change the result of the game. Frustration, disappointment and futility were at the heart of my response. And certainly an apology is issued to all for that brief moment. One of my friends is a High School football umpire. Upon viewing the photos he stated it was inconclusive because of the angle of the ball in respect to the plane of the goal and possession of the receiver. His gut instinct would have been to call a non-catch. However, he was not the official on hand at the game. I am hoping to have the video up by the end of the week, as I do not have it yet. I will post it, either way it was a great game. Congratulations to Farnsley on a hard fought game.
You have shown character in being able to step back from the game and view it for what it was.players ,parents and fans all had alot invested in this game as well as coaches. Hopefully we can renew this battle as some of the coaches have talked and would love to have another game next yr but with mutual respect and class from both sides being displayed. Sorry your season has ended but you guys fought hard.
Big Red daddy,
Do you have a copy of the game to post yet?
Saw the play on video yesterday but do not have a copy. Receiver broke the plane by a foot, ball then knocked out. Wasn't best angle, but that's what it looked like. Tough to call.
Very tough to call by the photos as well. The issue is if the receiver has clear possession of the ball. It appears to be resting upon his right hand briefly, but not secured as he is falling. It is never secured next to his body, or within one or both of his hands. At that point the ball is punched to the back of the end zone. Fumble is the best observation that I can reason. Thanks for the post.