Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 6 Belfry 0 (Pike County Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from CAM. Pikeville and Belfry both played excellent ball game. Both defenses flew all over the field tonight. Belfry has improve a lot since the beginning of the year, but that is what Belfry teams do. Pikeville was just good enough tonight to pull it out when it mattered.

Through 12 quarters this season the total tally would be Pikeville 50 Belfry 0. Three shut outs pitched by the Panther D against the Pirates. Definitely moving in the correct direction. Hopefully these kids stick it out together and go on to do special things in the varsity level. Pikeville will return a lot of talent next season, but also lose some key guys and the real leaders of this team. Some guys will have to step up and take on the role of leaders.

Congrats to both teams on great seasons, especially the 14-2 Panthers, Pike County Champions!!
And before it comes, and I know it will, yes, the Pikeville kids demonstrated some poor sportsmanship once the Belfry team had left the field. A couple of guys laid the black roses, that were left in front of the Panthers locker room with a note from someone (and/or others) from Belfry, at midfield. It was bad on both parts, do not let it take away from what was an excellent ball game. I will say it now, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. But it did, Pikeville fans know it and I would like to apologize on behalf of the Panther faithful. Good luck to Belfry in the future!
Panther Thunder Wrote:And before it comes, and I know it will, yes, the Pikeville kids demonstrated some poor sportsmanship once the Belfry team had left the field. A couple of guys laid the black roses, that were left in front of the Panthers locker room with a note from someone (and/or others) from Belfry, at midfield. It was bad on both parts, do not let it take away from what was an excellent ball game. I will say it now, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. But it did, Pikeville fans know it and I would like to apologize on behalf of the Panther faithful. Good luck to Belfry in the future!
Agreed. Bad on both sides. But classy post, PT!
Coaches have been sending their own team black roses before championship games since at least the time I was in grade school. No opposing team would be so stupid as to give their opponent that kind of motivation. Great game, great Pikeville team but poor sportsmanship is a one way street on this one.
common sense Wrote:Coaches have been sending their own team black roses before championship games since at least the time I was in grade school. No opposing team would be so stupid as to give their opponent that kind of motivation. Great game, great Pikeville team but poor sportsmanship is a one way street on this one.
Well aware of the tradition of the act, but put yourself in the mind of a middle schooler. Like I said, unacceptable behavior, judging by the season as a whole however, it was an out of character thing. Once again, good luck to Belfry in the future.
[YOUTUBE="Pikeville 2011 Pike County Middle School Champions"]i3zsCecJt48[/YOUTUBE]
Great footage PT. Hopefully these young men will be celebrating a state championship one day in the future
Congrats Pikeville. Wish SV could have played you in the finals but it wasn't meant to be.
Did Pikeville's starting running back play in this one.
Ryder did play.
Congratulations to the Panthers! Also, a congratulations to Keith May. He came out with a game plan that nearly worked. He brought his team from two 22 point losses to Pikeville and nearly won another county championship. This is Keith's first loss in a championship dating back to probably the late '90's. Something like 12 in a row. Again, congrats to a deserving Pikeville Panthers team.
congrats to pikeville it only took them to hold their kids back 2 years to beat belfry and shelby valley. good job belfry you guys had to play about 10 kids that should be in high school. it does make a big differance but they got the win the only way they could holding all their kids back so they can play younger kids and look like a champion
I was in the stands for this one and i noticed a couple of pirate dads yelling "Hut" before the play trying to draw pikeville off sides. Also as i was whatching game film of the valley and belfry game with 6 OT'S i noticed the same dads doing this against them also. I find this very unsportsman like and wrong. Im also pretty sure if you can not do this on the feild that you are not alod to do so in the stands...
piratefan20 Wrote:congrats to pikeville it only took them to hold their kids back 2 years to beat belfry and shelby valley. good job belfry you guys had to play about 10 kids that should be in high school. it does make a big differance but they got the win the only way they could holding all their kids back so they can play younger kids and look like a champion
:Cmon youre a Belfry fan! I surley expected better from you than the same excuses the others schools make when they lose to us. CMON MAN!!! HAHAHA!!!
To add to earlier on the play jordan Wright got his 90 yard touch down reception called back, they were yelling 'Hut" and caused him to jump. Not making an excuse for the loss just saying i think this is pittiful of some of the pirate fans.
Congrats to Coach Hensley and staff and all of our players for a GREAT year! GO PANTHERS!!!
thats the same argument that pikeville has against jenkins trurth hurts huh
and that kid false started every time with or without anybody saying anything
good job to both teams
piratefan20 Wrote:thats the same argument that pikeville has against jenkins trurth hurts huh
No actually thats not what we were complaining about at all. Go back and read the posts in that thread. Sound out the big words you have trouble with and get back to me....
Great win. Shutting out Belfry 3 times in a season is just unbelievable. Congrats to the team and all the coaches. The future is very bright for Pikeville football. And fantastic videos PT, when you are making the big bucks we can all say we saw your early work back in the day.
wildcat all day Wrote:I was in the stands for this one and i noticed a couple of pirate dads yelling "Hut" before the play trying to draw pikeville off sides. Also as i was whatching game film of the valley and belfry game with 6 OT'S i noticed the same dads doing this against them also. I find this very unsportsman like and wrong. Im also pretty sure if you can not do this on the feild that you are not alod to do so in the stands...
I heard it as well. I don't mind it that much, but I wouldn't do it.
piratefan20 Wrote:congrats to pikeville it only took them to hold their kids back 2 years to beat belfry and shelby valley. good job belfry you guys had to play about 10 kids that should be in high school. it does make a big differance but they got the win the only way they could holding all their kids back so they can play younger kids and look like a champion
Cool Story bruh.
At least the jenkins kids and the pikeville kids are the same age so what was you crying about then them not telling you they where the same age then maybe pikeville would have took a few varsity player then. Bye the way pikeville never told belfry they had a whole team of high school players on their team.
Congrat's Belfry on a great season just came up a little short in this game but played much better in this one than the last two. D looked great just didn't have it on the o-line in this one. TJ I know how disapointed you were after the game but keep your head up you had a great season dads proud of you. So now lets get ready for some basketball. Now pikeville good game and congrat's on the win.
piratefan20 Wrote:At least the jenkins kids and the pikeville kids are the same age so what was you crying about then them not telling you they where the same age then maybe pikeville would have took a few varsity player then. Bye the way pikeville never told belfry they had a whole team of high school players on their team.

they beat you get over it the truth hurts dont it ?Confusednicker:
Whoever said this rivalry is over, should take note of this team. Belfry may be always Belfry, but Pikeville will always be Pikeville, shutting out the Pirates three times this season. Pikeville football is on the rise!

HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
piratefan20 Wrote:At least the jenkins kids and the pikeville kids are the same age so what was you crying about then them not telling you they where the same age then maybe pikeville would have took a few varsity player then. Bye the way pikeville never told belfry they had a whole team of high school players on their team.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:Sad04:
Are you f'ing kidding me dude? Belfry doesn't have holdbacks or a thousand cars with West Virginia license plates in the parking lot?
Give me a break already.:zzz:
I've sat back and watched you post thread after thread about the same old excuses against Pikeville's Football team for long enough. IT STOPS HERE!

Let's get the facts out in the open....Shall We???? This is especially for you PIRATEFAN20 who is absolutely obsessed w/ the fact that Belfry could NOT beat Pikeville any of the 3 attempts this season.

Fact #1 2 yrs ago was the 1st yr holdbacks were ever allowed at Pikeville in ten years. If your child was above the 5th grade and held back, they were forced to sit out a year of sports. Result?? Ask Wes Pugh at Pike Central.

Fact #2 2 yrs ago when the rule was passed that Pville could indeed hold back and not lose that year of sports 3 of the 7th graders stayed back, Daric Pugh, A.J. Vanderbeck, and Cody Charles. So actually off of last years Jr. High roster, not 1 single 8th grader is back on this years team. Ryder Johnson may have been held back prior to 5th grade, i'm not sure, but he has been in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade in consecutive years. Tommy Webb, after his 6th grade year at SV, repeated 6th grade there. He then came back to Pville as a 7th grader and didn't even play football. So, there you have it.....all the skeletons are out of the closet....at most 5 kids, hardly a whole team.....Now TO THE GOOD STUFF.

Fact #3 We here at Pville usually have about 12-15 8th graders, where at Belfry, you consistently have 25-30.

Fact #4 We all know that you have at least 1 hold back of your own...whitey Gibb's son.
Most likely if you looked through your own roster, you'd see that you have a few more holdbacks of your own at some point between K-8.

Fact #5 2 yrs ago when Belfry Middle had an all star Jr. High team w/ holdbacks galore (Sani Warren etc.) and you beat us 3X's by an average score of 35 pts easily.....not 1 single Pikeville fan ran straight to BGR and complained or made excuses! If a kid is eligible to play according to KHSAA standards his senior year of high school, then that is a parent's choice. END OF STORY!

Fact #6 SV has a few holdbacks as well. Why didn't u complain about them = B/C u won??????????

Fact #7 Let's discuss the War of the Roses!!! 2 yrs ago, roses (black roses) were delivered to BMS b4 the first matchup of the year with the Panthers. We know this b/c every BMS player while shaking hands at the end of the game, made comments to each and every member of our coaching staff......thanking them for the special delivery. Also, about bad sportsmanship......LETS NOT FORGET THIS....after last years game at Belfry (at Vipperman Stadium) Coach Hensley's wife was hit with a rock that came flying on the field while standing next to her husband (no doubt meant for him) This rock came from a group of 1 of 3 adult men standing next to the fence, which was witnessed by Pville and Belfry fans alike. These men hightailed it outta there immediately afterwards. So you tell me, which is worse?????? 7th and 8th grade players throwing some roses on the 50 yrd line of Cam Field or 3 adult men, upset about some bad calls, getting mad enough to throw objects at a Coach or his wife???????

Fact #8 As for the Jenkins comment you were so quick to jump on....they played 9th graders. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but after 8th grade, you continue onto 9th grade by choice...it is called HIGH SCHOOL. 2 or more of these boys are enrolled in JENKINS HIGH SCHOOL. A 9th grader could potentially be 16 yrs old and driving to a middle school game....whereas at most an 8th grader could be 15. Pikeville's coaching staff was NOT made aware that they would be playing a team that consisted of 8th and 9th graders. It would have been a non issue w/ anyone here at Pville had that detail, prior to playing the game, NOT been left out. They would have played, the outcome would have been the same...NO EXCUSES.

In conclusion, Mrs. PIRATEFAN20 (no man would ever complain this much) for the past 10-15 yrs, when our 12-15 8th graders (no holdbacks) have lined up against your 25-30 8th graders w/ at least 1 or more holdbacks, and you kicked our butts=NO EXCUSES! If it helps u sleep at night continue to use this excuse.....I can tell u for a FACT, we aren't going away. As a matter of fact, I guarantee we will be very competitive for years to come. We may not win them all, but games will always be competitive, which for us as a Single A school bodes very well. I will anxiously be awaiting your rebuttal (EXCUSE) and I won't even get into how many kids at Southside that play football who actually live in WV.

MORAL OF THIS STORY........WHEN U LIVE IN A GLASS HOUSE, I WOULD NOT THROW STONES!!!!!!
They will all be eligible as seniors. Just take the loss like we have taken the loss in varsity the past 11 years.
Pages: 1 2