Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Northern Pulaski 14 JCTMS 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was one of the best middle school games I have seen in a long time. Both teams left it all on the field and I hated to see either team lose. Congrats to JCTMS on a great season and good luck to Northern in there next game.
I completely agree. Great effort on both sides. Terrible weather. Two great coaching staffs and some amazingly tough young men.
Way to go MAROONS!!!!:Thumbs:
As great of a game as this was, neither team got to show their A game. I know both teams are way better than the weather allowed them to show. That said, a lot of people from both sides lost a lot of hair last night! Edge of your seat game. :insane:
very good game in some miserable conditions.but that is what football isabout ...dealing with the problems at hand..whatever they are. whether its the other team or the weather
Both North and JCTMS have great teams. They play sound football, have good, athletic players and our both well coached. Tough that somebody had to lose. Weather was tough on everybody that played quality teams last night.
Wasn't a technical masterpiece but, man WHAT A GAME!! I don't know much about JCTMS or their record this year, but they have a very good team. Congrats to Northern, they fought back after trailing 8-6 in the 4th. If I'm not mistaken it was the first time Northern has trailed all year.
Looks like JCTMS gave N Pulaski all they could handle. They represented Jefferson County well!

Farnsley played both of these teams this year.

Farnsley played N Pulaski the first game of the season, in early August and lost 18-0 in a defensive struggle. They didn't let the offense score, special teams scored all of the Maroon's points.

Farnsley played JCTMS in late September and won 28-0.

Just have to get past Union for the rematch.:Clap: Which will be a war!:ChairHit:
If I'm not mistaken that Farnsley N Pulaski game was played in Campbellsville. Farnsley had only been in pads 2 days b4 that game due to Jefferson co. rules. They look to be a much better team and will be a tough out for anybody.
North Pulaski is the real deal. They beat Farnsley with a safety, free kick return after the safety and a pick 6 somewhere towards the last play of the game when it was 10-0. Definately a defensive struggle the day.
I've seen them both play since that 1st game. I think you'll be surprised at how much better that Farnsley team had gotten. Looking at their schedules I think Farnsley has played the tougher schedule. It's definitely going to be a must see game if they meet.
Dillon Wrote:I've seen them both play since that 1st game. I think you'll be surprised at how much better that Farnsley team had gotten. Looking at their schedules I think Farnsley has played the tougher schedule. It's definitely going to be a must see game if they meet.

Farnsley may be very much improved since the beginning of the season, as they should be. But you're crazy if you think ANYONE has a tougher schedule than NP. 8 of their wins this season were over playoff teams, 3 of those still alive in the elite 8, & 2 of them they've taken out themselves. How many of the elite 8 teams left has Farnsley beaten? Not taking anything away from them at all, but I'd bet the house that they have not played a tougher schedule than the Maroons.
People in the know would never disrespect NP. Like I said, they are the real deal. Very impressive. Farnsley record vs. playoff teams is 5-1 I believe. With the one being to NP. North gets nothing but respect from Farnsley. They are a great program. Hope we get to see the rematch.
Who did they really play this yr that was tough other than
Farnsley? Surely not S Pulaski.. Seen them play each other, watched Farnsley play south and starting to wear them down when it was stopped due to the weather. Farnsley was starting to move the ball easily. Just saying who dud they play that was so tough? JCTMS? 28-0 Farnsley
Beat Southern Pulaski a couple weeks ago by almost 50 with a running clock after the 1st quarter on the road and could have dropped 80+ on them. What was the S. Pulaski/Farnsley score? Beat Whitley County & Bowling Green handily, both on the road. There's 2 other teams left in the elite 8 currently. I didn't say anyone on the Maroons schedule was tougher than Farnsley. I just said our schedule was tougher than Farnsley's schedule from top to bottom. It's not even close in my opinion. JCTMS was tough...the weather conditions did not favor us at all. Could have very easily went the other way. They have a great team. But honestly? I think we beat them by 30 in dry conditions. That's strictly my opinion.
My earlier post apparently did not post. Those of us in the know understand that NP has a great team and class program. Farnsley is 5-1 against teams in the playoffs with the one being to NP. NP gets nothing but respect from Farnsley. Hope to see the rematch.