Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs JC Middle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who will win the Big Sandy Conference Championship game Monday?
I would say JC by two TD's
Allsports#1 Wrote:I would say JC by two TD's

I love the optimisim but I don't think so. i watched them play twice and they are much more aggressive on defense, offensively they just run the ball with the belly and some other misdirection plays. Plus i heard they are getting the Daniels kid back and that which will hurt us alot and the fact we may not even play them which will add to the drama. If we do play I think they beat us by four td's maybe more if they want to. Sorry but its the truth and that's what I give no matter who it is.
Will this game take place? I was told yesterday that it probably would not. JC wanted to move the game to Tuesday night, but Paintsville can't play on Tuesday because they have a state playoff game v. Louisa on Wednesday. Any updates on this situation?
ForearmShiver Wrote:Will this game take place? I was told yesterday that it probably would not. JC wanted to move the game to Tuesday night, but Paintsville can't play on Tuesday because they have a state playoff game v. Louisa on Wednesday. Any updates on this situation?

Don't know yet but as of today its still on I guess
I saw the tigers play up at our place and they are really tough. They're big, fast, and strong. i have heard around the big sandy conf. that JC has forfieted. Smart move on there part, P'ville would have won by A Lot. But not smart to run from your fears. Take your butt kicking and leave. But good luck to both teams and the rest of their seasons, i heard JC plays tuesday and P'ville may play thursday.
I saw the tigers play Letcher Cent. up here at our place where they won i believe 48-0. They're big, fast, and strong. Real Good. Fast and powerful backs and QB has good arm and running ability, and they have a very tough D. Great line size as well. Word around the Big Sandy Conf. is that JC forfiet. Smart move on there part, but bad move by running from your fears. Take your butt kicking and get out. I had p'ville winning by 6 TD's. JC is just small and weak up front. P'ville has great size and power. But JC always finds some way to get out of things they can't win. So i guess P'ville is BIG SANDYCHAMPS. But good luck to both teams on the rest of the season. JC starts state on tuesday i believe and p'ville may play thursday.[/I][/I]
Is this Centrals 7th or 8th team?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Is this Centrals 7th or 8th team?

7th
Is is Jerry's Children??? Is that who JC is? Jefferson Central??? John City??? Jordan Coutny????

Guy's, can we please follow the rules of the guidelines of the site and stop using ONLY initials for team names in the thread titles!!!!
Johnson County
Stardust Wrote:Is is Jerry's Children??? Is that who JC is? Jefferson Central??? John City??? Jordan Coutny????

Guy's, can we please follow the rules of the guidelines of the site and stop using ONLY initials for team names in the thread titles!!!!

You know us EKY Rednecks are SD. We thank ya'll shood undrastand errythang we said! If knot WHO curs! LOL! J/K Yes it is Johnson County Middle School 7th Grade Team. So could someone please put that in the Thread title...LOL! Later SD!:trolldad2:
JC forfiets, Paintsville is Big Sandy Valley Champs. IDK when JC plays in the state play-offs, but Paintsville plays Louisa Wednsday at Paintsville. Paintsville tried to get JC to play the game yesterday (Saturday Oct 15th) but JC wouldn't play. I guess that's good for Paintsville, one less game for Matney to show up to and try to recruit our talented middle school players.
johnson co. 7th plays tuesday vs greenup co.! then again sat if they win tuesday!
Redneck Wrote:JC forfiets, Paintsville is Big Sandy Valley Champs. IDK when JC plays in the state play-offs, but Paintsville plays Louisa Wednsday at Paintsville. Paintsville tried to get JC to play the game yesterday (Saturday Oct 15th) but JC wouldn't play. I guess that's good for Paintsville, one less game for Matney to show up to and try to recruit our talented middle school players.
lol...
And exactly who has he recruited up to this point?
Bob Seger Wrote:lol...

It doesn't matter Bob. This game being forfieted is a LOAD OF CRAP! BOTH Teams worked hard to get to the Championship and then someone breaks out the "Kool Aid" and spoils it for them ALL!

WHEN IS THIS COUNTY (As a whole) EVER GONNA GROW UP? :lame:
OffTheHook Wrote:It doesn't matter Bob. This game being forfieted is a LOAD OF CRAP! BOTH Teams worked hard to get to the Championship and then someone breaks out the "Kool Aid" and spoils it for them ALL!

WHEN IS THIS COUNTY (As a whole) EVER GONNA GROW UP? :lame:

I know where you're coming from OTH, but I honestly know of no details of what happened to cause the game to not be played. I do remember I think it was last year that Paintsville cancelled out. For whatever reason that was, I dont know either, but it happened. Perhaps it was legit. I really dont know, but a few accusations sure flew out at certain people that seems a little unfounded based on the fact Pville did the same thing last year.

Again, I do fully realize where you are coming from.
Bob Seger Wrote:I know where you're coming from OTH, but I honestly know of no details of what happened to cause the game to not be played. I do remember I think it was last year that Paintsville cancelled out. For whatever reason that was, I dont know either, but it happened. Perhaps it was legit. I really dont know, but a few accusations sure flew out at certain people that seems a little unfounded based on the fact Pville did the same thing last year.

Again, I do fully realize where you are coming from.

I'm not sure. But, I would say it was due to not having enough players. I think they had to cancel a couple for that. They only had 12 maybe 13 kids last season. I also doubt it was a Championship Game or just flat out a Forfiet. I have always been told though that "Two wrongs, Don't make a right"
Bob Seger Wrote:lol...

I'm curious of that myself. I wonder how many games Matney has been to at Paintsville to recruit. What players has he recruited from Paintsville? If a player is any count and loves football, where would he want to play? Where would a parent want to send their child? Paintsville and play for a team that has 50 fans in the stands and cannot beat the likes of Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, etc. Not to mention that they get embarrassed by giving up more points weekly than any other team in Class A. Or would you want to play for a premier program like Johnson Central? Who wouldn't want to play infront of thousands weekly and for a program with great facilities. Also who wouldnt want to play for a team that wins district championships and has a chance to play better competition with a chance of more exposure for a scholarship. Paintsville will continue to "do" themselves in as long as they are a bottom of the barrell program and does nothing about it.
Gotta love the Matney Kool-Aid. lol
As for why this game was forfeited there are those out there who remember the dark times of Johnson Central football. And realise that JC has this crazy system of thinking when it comes to Paintsville and football. For some reason they cannot let go of the fact that Paintsville is a Class-A school and has no business playing a school central's size in football. Paintsville has the lead in wins in the series because of the ridiculous stupidity of JC's coaching choices (Minus, Musick, and Matney of course) But the fact of the matter is that anytime Central wasn't fielding one of the worst teams in their class they usually beat Paintsville even with the coaching gap. 2004 is a good example, along with a musick coached team (95 I believe?) they were decent central teams and they beat decent Paintsville teams to death. But central cannot let it go they cannot accept the fact that even though it is Paintsville's entire middle school against just their seventh that they would lose. It is the mindset they have across the creek, and I guess now the talk of the apple bowl goes out the window because Central knew they were going to get killed, and knew they were overmatched, and well they forfeited. Sounds alot like the Paintsville program that was beat into the dirt for the same thing. These two schools need to get over themselves and realise that this is about the kids not the adults who still live in the olden days of fake funerals for the other teams QB's.
Could not understand why Johnson Central middle school coaches were taking so many pictures of Greenup's 7th grade formation then hiding the camera after each picture of each formaton. Because they were using a Ipad to record it. What was funny was the greenup parents would video and take pictures of these coaches doing this...lol. They did the same in the Rowan 8th grade game also. Thats why they could not play Saturday because the were watching Greenup 7th play and Rowan Co. 8th
Sports dad Wrote:Could not understand why Johnson Central middle school coaches were taking so many pictures of Greenup's 7th grade formation then hiding the camera after each picture of each formaton. Because they were using a Ipad to record it. What was funny was the greenup parents would video and take pictures of these coaches doing this...lol. They did the same in the Rowan 8th grade game also. Thats why they could not play Saturday because the were watching Greenup 7th play and Rowan Co. 8th
:goofy:
Redneck Wrote:JC forfiets, Paintsville is Big Sandy Valley Champs. IDK when JC plays in the state play-offs, but Paintsville plays Louisa Wednsday at Paintsville. Paintsville tried to get JC to play the game yesterday (Saturday Oct 15th) but JC wouldn't play. I guess that's good for Paintsville, one less game for Matney to show up to and try to recruit our talented middle school players.

For your info JC 7th plays Tuesday night. I think we played saturday but it was mostly are backups against Adams. We are trying to win state titles, not Big Sandy Conference titles. As far as Matney showing up to try and recruit, He doesn't have too. They are always at our games on Friday night dreaming!! :biggrin:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Gotta love the Matney Kool-Aid. lol

Lol...Name one part of what I said that was a lie. If you had your choice of choosing who to play for right now, who would it be? I'm not faulting the kids for losing and not being competitive at the varsity level, blame your administration for keeping a coach at the reigns with right last name.
My understandings was JC 7th offered to play Paintsville once the state playoffs were over for both but that was not acceptable to Paintsville.
Second, if LC would have won against Paintsville, JC 7th would have made the same offer. Thus, it being Paintsville had no factor in the decision to wait to play. The major factor leading to waiting to play was to many games in a short time and the risk for injury. JC 7th was going to have to play Paintsville on Monday & 2nd round state playoff against Greenup on Tuesday. The prioritiy had to be state. Saturday was not an option due to several 7th graders playing with the 8th in the first round of state playoffs.
This may be the first time that two teams are 1-1 against each other in a season without a game being played.
What is confusing and somewhat amusing is that the schedule for the conference playoffs has been set. The folks at Johnson County were aware of it. If they felt they wouldn't be able to play if they made it to the championship game, why participate at all in the playoffs? Seems a little (or more than a little) unfair to the other teams. They've touted being the #1 seed in the conference and then choose to not play for tgw championship game? Hmmm....
Eagle, how many 7th graders played in the game Saturday? Seriously....that's the "reason" you want to go with? As far as Matney recruiting, I only know he ATTENDED the Paintsville Junior High game against Leslie Co. Maybe he just wanted to see a good football game. As for the kids on the team, I don't think they're recruitable. At least I know a few who aren't. Nice flattery, though, to have a coach the caliber of Matney coming to watch them. I just think you mistook who was doing the dreaming, EagleEye.
JC had on control of what seed or what day we played in state playoff. What is so difficult to understanding JC valued the state playoff more than the conferance. Last the choice not to play was made by Paintsville not JC. JC asked to play at end of state playoffs but told no. :thanks:
Pages: 1 2 3