Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alumni Cheerleaders: What did you love the most about being a cheerleader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What did you love the most about being a cheerleader?

Also, Any advice for current cheerleaders?

My favorite was competing and cheering football games. I hated cheering for basketball becuase i would get stone bruises on my hands from tumbling on the gym floor. ouch!!

Stunting was my favorite out of all aspects. I loved making up new stunts and trying new things.
-I actually hated football and loved basketball haha. I loved stunts and tumbling, but my favorite has to be during district and region tournament. I went to state with Valley twice and it was AWESOME to be able to cheer in those environments--not just being on the floor at UK, but just the whole experience from the first district tournament game on. Working on competition routines was okay.. but we didn't compete really that much when I cheered. But IMO, tournament time was always my favorite. I love an excited crowd and a close ballgame... its a great combination.

:Cheerlead Go Valley!
What I loved most about being a cheerleader was the roar of the crowd the adrenaline you get from basket-tossing a fellow cheerleader, the excitement of your team scoring the winning basket or goal at the last moment, winning 1st place in any competition or maybe just the fact that u get to cheer for your school I don't know... but trust me it is hard to cope with the fact that you may never cheer again after one little mistake and you bust your knee up bad enough to were a dr. tells you to stay benched now that is the worst think that could happen to a girl who really likes to cheer trust me i know.