Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville middle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just saw a very tough Paintsville team beat a very physical Leslie Co. team. Congrats young tigers
Score please
30-24 Paintsville
I have a question for all the PHS supporters. Whom do you start at QB next year for the Tigers? Matt Daniel or Matt Miller. It's obvious Miller is the better athlete, stronger arm and seems to be more accurate with his passes.
Is Miller to young to be a starter as a freshman? Does he need to be brought around slowly, or just throw him out there and see how he responds? Just a few questions to think about.
you did not see the same game i did!!!... because paintsville did not beat any one, LC got raped and the zebras did not have the common decency to lube up... everyone who was at the game knows it too... LC was in the double digit's in penalties and paintsville had 0... i dont want to even get started about on who ever was running the clock!!... but from my understanding its been that way all yr when you play at paintsville.. but if that makes you folks sleep better at night knowing that you all are screwing over (12-13) yr olf kids then more power to you... I want everyone to know that LC will be back!!
Dr. B Wrote:you did not see the same game i did!!!... because paintsville did not beat any one, LC got raped and the zebras did not have the common decency to lube up... everyone who was at the game knows it too... LC was in the double digit's in penalties and paintsville had 0... i dont want to even get started about on who ever was running the clock!!... but from my understanding its been that way all yr when you play at paintsville.. but if that makes you folks sleep better at night knowing that you all are screwing over (12-13) yr olf kids then more power to you... I want everyone to know that LC will be back!!
Pot calling the Kettle Black

I did not see the Paintsville Game so I cannot respond to your criticism regarding the officiating or clock management. However when JC 7th Grades (who are mostly 13 years) played LC (who are by no means 12 & 13 year old) (more like 14 & 15 year olds) at LC we did not get treated well by your zebras’ or coaches. If you were at that game you will remember penalties as like 10 (JC 7th) to 2(LC 8th) with some obvious favorable call going to the home team. In addition, with the game in hand (having double digit lead) and JC’s have 11 reserves in on defense with less than 2 minutes to play LC choice to keep many starters in with all the starts back in the game. With many of their starts still in LC choice to throw with less than a minute to play and scored with their starting FB with only second left. I guess it was just karma working against your for past sins.
I want to get this out in the open right now... LC has 9 8th graders on the team and three of them play very little... the majority of LC team is made up of (12-13) yr olds.. you all at JC make the decision to play your 7th grade in an 8th grade conference so you all either stop bitching about that or drop out... yes LC did have a double diget lead but if you recall LC started the final drive inside the 10yrd line, if we turn the ball over to JC and they score then we have a ball game which LC did not want so yes they did keep the starters in but JC did as well.. now lets get to the final score you all are talking about LC was trying to run the ball and run the clock out but jc called a timeout and stopped the clock.. Leslie came out of that time out and had to get a first down to keep the ball and not turn it over to JC... LC ran up the gut with their (third string FB not first string) which might i add he is only 13yrs old and he happen to break it for a 46 yrd TD... not my problem that JC cant tackle
I have to agree with Eagle84 on this one...Pot Meet Kettle.
Then you want to talk about getting treated bad by the coaches?? I recall JC coaches screaming across the field at leslie's staff in the forth quarter?? and you all having to hold one of your coaches back when the teams was shaking hands after the game (real classy!!)... LC has a very young coaching staff this yr and i think they have done a great job with our kids and representing the entire school system... Hat's off the LCMS coaching staff keep up the great work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnson County fans are the sorest losers I have ever saw in my life. The even hollar, scream, and talk junk to little 7 year old boys playing coach pitch baseball games. Act like complete idiots and ruin a good environment. JC you cant be the best all the time, your gonna lose sometimes.
Pot
You did not address the question I was asking you.
How can you use officials who have been perviously banned from calling conferance games due to the favoritism for home games and then complain about the officiating on the road. {I am sure you will respond with some type of attack but again not answering the question,}

The point of your coaches "doing a good job" I would agree with you regarding the game in which LC played JC 7th Grade with the exception of running up the score. Possibly you are correct on blaming the youth of your coaching staff on running up the score and keeping their starters in when the other teams has their reserves in." LC has a very young coaching staff this yr " I hope with the additional experience your young staff has added they would make a different choice in the future.

Last, to your comment of "I recall JC coaches screaming across the field at leslie's staff in the forth quarter?? " I would hope all coaches for any team would defend their kids when a team is trying to embarass them. If it took JC's coaches to point that out to what your coaches were doing was poor sportsmanship, so be it, like you said "." LC has a very young coaching staff this yr "
warmachine Wrote:Johnson County fans are the sorest losers I have ever saw in my life. The even hollar, scream, and talk junk to little 7 year old boys playing coach pitch baseball games. Act like complete idiots and ruin a good environment. JC you cant be the best all the time, your gonna lose sometimes.
warmachine
I have attached the mental health counsleing number for what i hope is in your area. If not just PM me with your location and I will get you the number you need.

In addition, if possible could you take Dr. B with you to see the Rape Crisis counselor also. Thanks
Kentucky River Mental Helth Counseling

24/hr CRISIS AND INFO

1-800-262-7491

24/hr RAPE CRISIS
Its ok to lose to a better team Eagles 84. No shame in it. Your from the same ole mountains were from. Your not that more advanced than we are here in the Hazard/Hyden area. All of us are years behind Lex and Louisville. Everyone in Johnson County isnt a sore loser but some are for no reason. Anyone can lose. Get over it.
Dear lord next time im not gonna ask for the score lol.
I was there at the Paintsville/Leslie Co. game. There were a couple of clock issues in the fourth quarter. Twice, however, the clock was reset to 4:47 on Paintsville's last scoring drive. I never quite understood why the officials kept putting time back on the clock after Paintsville ran plays. The main situation in question was the spot of the ball on the fourth and four play when Paintsville was trying to put it away with the lead. The play occurred close to LC's sideline, so I am sure their coaches had a pretty good vantage point. Based on that I would not argue that the spot was somewhat off. The measurement was not even close. The ball was more than the length of the ball past the first down marker. LC's coaches and fans erupted, and I am certain they think that a poor spot caused them to lose the game. Paintsville's kids scored every point without the assistance of any official. LC had no scoring plays called back, no calls cost them this game. Their kids are a heck of a football team. I do agree that the old dude officiating seemed lost at times. But, he also gave LC a couple breaks on that clock killing final possession. On third and 13 LC was flagged for a face masking penalty, which is a personal foul, fifteen yard penalty. There is no "incidental face mask" carrying a five yard penalty anymore. Somehow, the next play was fourth and six. So, a seven yard face mask penalty in a crucial time surely did not favor the young Tigers. How can adults be so pathetic as to claim that a school conspires to have officials and scorekeepers cheat in their favor. It is an insult to a fine young, hard working team and coaching staff, and it is an insult to the spirit of competition and sportsmanship.
Eagle84 Wrote:Pot
You did not address the question I was asking you.
How can you use officials who have been perviously banned from calling conferance games due to the favoritism for home games and then complain about the officiating on the road. {I am sure you will respond with some type of attack but again not answering the question,}

The point of your coaches "doing a good job" I would agree with you regarding the game in which LC played JC 7th Grade with the exception of running up the score. Possibly you are correct on blaming the youth of your coaching staff on running up the score and keeping their starters in when the other teams has their reserves in." LC has a very young coaching staff this yr " I hope with the additional experience your young staff has added they would make a different choice in the future.

Last, to your comment of "I recall JC coaches screaming across the field at leslie's staff in the forth quarter?? " I would hope all coaches for any team would defend their kids when a team is trying to embarass them. If it took JC's coaches to point that out to what your coaches were doing was poor sportsmanship, so be it, like you said "." LC has a very young coaching staff this yr "
Who are the officials you are talking about?? because idk who called that game?

Did you not read the last post meat head?? LC was up by two TD and started the drive inside the 10yrd line no one in their right mind is going to put the sub's in and risk a turnover inside the ten and then have a ball game on their hands.. (JC experienced coaching staff should know that)

I love how JC came to LC with the expectation of running up the score and now your on here bashing LC saying they ran the score up... btw LC was only up two TD (which is not running up the score) until their third string fb also one of the slowest kids on the team broke one for 46yrd...

ps... even LC rookie coaching staff would know better than to call a time out and stop the clock when the other team is up two TD and doing nothing but running the ball so they can run the clock out
These were the SAME officials that had called 75+ yards of penalties against LC the previous Thursday to Magoffin's 5 yards of penalties.
When the old man was asked which player face masked he said he didn't know it happened in the dog pile!!
He also said he wasn't responsible for the clock?????
ForearmShiver Wrote:I was there at the Paintsville/Leslie Co. game. There were a couple of clock issues in the fourth quarter. Twice, however, the clock was reset to 4:47 on Paintsville's last scoring drive. I never quite understood why the officials kept putting time back on the clock after Paintsville ran plays. The main situation in question was the spot of the ball on the fourth and four play when Paintsville was trying to put it away with the lead. The play occurred close to LC's sideline, so I am sure their coaches had a pretty good vantage point. Based on that I would not argue that the spot was somewhat off. The measurement was not even close. The ball was more than the length of the ball past the first down marker. LC's coaches and fans erupted, and I am certain they think that a poor spot caused them to lose the game. Paintsville's kids scored every point without the assistance of any official. LC had no scoring plays called back, no calls cost them this game. Their kids are a heck of a football team. I do agree that the old dude officiating seemed lost at times. But, he also gave LC a couple breaks on that clock killing final possession. On third and 13 LC was flagged for a face masking penalty, which is a personal foul, fifteen yard penalty. There is no "incidental face mask" carrying a five yard penalty anymore. Somehow, the next play was fourth and six. So, a seven yard face mask penalty in a crucial time surely did not favor the young Tigers. How can adults be so pathetic as to claim that a school conspires to have officials and scorekeepers cheat in their favor. It is an insult to a fine young, hard working team and coaching staff, and it is an insult to the spirit of competition and sportsmanship.
LC coaches & fans did not erupt over the spot of the ball even though (you said it yourself it was off) by a good yard. they erupted because the chains got moved back over a yard as they were walking out for the measurement.. which you can see on film no question about it.

How do you get the face mask penalty did not favor the tigers?? because it was 3rd and 13 and leslie made the tackle at the line so it was going to be 4th and 13... the ref's couldnt even tell LC coaches which player the face mask was on... and might i add the very next play is the one where the ref's screwed LC on the spot and with the measurement
Dr. B Wrote:LC coaches & fans did not erupt over the spot of the ball even though (you said it yourself it was off) by a good yard. they erupted because the chains got moved back over a yard as they were walking out for the measurement.. which you can see on film no question about it.

How do you get the face mask penalty did not favor the tigers?? because it was 3rd and 13 and leslie made the tackle at the line so it was going to be 4th and 13... the ref's couldnt even tell LC coaches which player the face mask was on... and might i add the very next play is the one where the ref's screwed LC on the spot and with the measurement
Not exactly, I stated that if it were off, then it would have been off by more than a yard. I have not viewed the film, and I was on the other side of the field, but I gave the benefit of doubt to your coaching staff that something must have been off because of how vehemently that protested the measurement. Coaches just don't react that explosively unless they believe something was bad wrong. However, only marking off seven yards for what should have been a fifteen yard penalty, cost the Tigers the first down. Had they marked off the proper penalty yardage, this controversy would not have transpired.
If the kids running the chains moved them, then that is unacceptable for a number of obvious reasons. This is a dadgum good young football team that wins on the merit of its performance. If some shenanigans took place then, not only was it an injustice to LC, but it serves as an insult to our fine young men as well. They work hard and play very well, and do not want or need any crooked activities to aid their victories. Hopefully, these two teams can meet again, and settle it like it is meant to be: with civility, honor and athleticism on the greatest battlefield of them all, the football field.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Not exactly, I stated that if it were off, then it would have been off by more than a yard. I have not viewed the film, and I was on the other side of the field, but I gave the benefit of doubt to your coaching staff that something must have been off because of how vehemently that protested the measurement. Coaches just don't react that explosively unless they believe something was bad wrong. However, only marking off seven yards for what should have been a fifteen yard penalty, cost the Tigers the first down. Had they marked off the proper penalty yardage, this controversy would not have transpired.
If the kids running the chains moved them, then that is unacceptable for a number of obvious reasons. This is a dadgum good young football team that wins on the merit of its performance. If some shenanigans took place then, not only was it an injustice to LC, but it serves as an insult to our fine young men as well. They work hard and play very well, and do not want or need any crooked activities to aid their victories. Hopefully, these two teams can meet again, and settle it like it is meant to be: with civility, honor and athleticism on the greatest battlefield of them all, the football field.
I agree with that 100%!!! Both teams are very good football teams!! By far the best two teams in the conference... All LC is asking for is a decent called game so the players on the field can decide the outcome of the game not the officials
Dr. B Wrote:I agree with that 100%!!! Both teams are very good football teams!! By far the best two teams in the conference... All LC is asking for is a decent called game so the players on the field can decide the outcome of the game not the officials

I think Johnson County 8th is by far the best team in the conference.
I was talking about the small school side... all though i think these two teams could give anyone in the conference a game
Mr. B I have been busy for the past few days and not had time to time to post regarding many of your replies or “ass”umptions.
First, In post #7 you stated “LC has 9 8th graders on the team and three of them play very little... the majority of LC team is made up of (12-13) yr olds.” If that being the case I would think they would be no problems with scheduling a game next with what with JC’s to be 8th and step up and play a Big School Conference Schedule. Time will tell but not holding my breath.
Second, In post # 7 your stated “you all at JC make the decision to play your 7th grade in an 8th grade conference so you all either stop bitching about that or drop out... This “ass”umption is completely wrong. JC believe playing more mature teams like LC 8th makes up betters. If you go back and read my previous post you can see I was only point out how it give the impression Mr. B you want get favorable call at home and then expect not to have favorable call go against you on the road. Thus, the name Pot. (Pot and Kettle)
(You asked “Who are the officials you are talking about?? because idk who called that game?” The Barker brothers were the officials at the LC vs. JC 7th and my understanding is one of the Baker brothers have been disqualified from officiating conference games. Mr. B you call and verify that out with the conference director if you like.
Please do not again make the incorrect “ass” umption that I’m in any way saying JC 7th lost at LC due to the officials. JC 7th lost because LC’s was bigger, stronger and played better.
Third, in post # 7 & 16 you stated “LC was up by two TD and started the drive inside the 10yrd line no one in their right mind is going to put the sub's in and risk a turnover inside the ten and then have a ball game on their hands. If this is the case why does LC throw the ball for their own side of the field to get the ball to the 46 against JC 7th who at the time has 11 reserves in on Defense?
Let me make sure I understand the “ass” umption Mr. B you was making above. Mr. B you felt the outcome of the football game continue to be in questing with LC up two scores with the ball on the 46 year line with 3rd down and around 50 seconds left in the game and JC having 11 reserves in. Wow not sure what to respond to that “ass” umption. I guess I will leave that up to the readers to make their own assumption.

Fourth, in your post # 16 you stated “ I love how JC came to LC with the expectation of running up the score and now your on here bashing LC saying they ran the score up... “ The ass’umption of JC 7th coming to any 8th grade team and running up the score is laughable at least. JC expectation was to improve by playing an 8th grade team. I challenge you to show me an example of where JC’s 7th Grade Team running up the score on any one. I will assure you JC will not throw the ball with less than 60 second left in the game with a 2 score lead and our starters in with the other team having their reserves in.

Fifth , in post # 22 you stated “ I was talking about the small school side... all though i think these two teams could give anyone in the conference a game “ If you believe your ass”uotion stated above why did you not play JC 8TH when the game was offered?
Last, I was all LC players, coaches, parents and fans to know that I personally believe LC is the best team JC 7th Grade has played this year and only wish them the best of luck. It just get old see people like Mr. B blaming the officials for the lost. I am sure LC coach wants his team thinking about what they can do better the next time they play Paintsville instead of blaming the officials.
You are the one that had a problem with the officials not me so take your own advice and you can call conference director verify whatever makes you happy ole pal.

Let me make this clear to you because I think your head has been in the (pot and kettle) to long... LC did not throw the ball on the last drive.. lc had subs in too!! it was the third string FB that broke the 46yrd TD.. (third string) means he is not a starter, for all you simple minded folk that cant understand that... LC ran the ball right up the gut trying to get a first down... In no way was LC trying to score on that play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i guess everyone at JC had the "ASS"umption LC was trying too.

reality check: JC 8th is not a D1 collage team so please stop acting like it!!...yes they are a very good team and will win the big school side of the conference... Everyone here in LC considers it a great honor to even be considered as a worthy opponent... lmao really?!?!... I did not know the offer was on the table/or do I have anything to do with who LC plays.. please stop acting like LC is scared to play.. ive said it before and ill say it again LC or paintsville could give any team in the confrence a game!!

I have nothing but respect for your program you all have good teams yr in and yr out. i wish everyone at JC the best of luck in the future.
Dr. B Wrote:you did not see the same game i did!!!... because paintsville did not beat any one, LC got raped and the zebras did not have the common decency to lube up... everyone who was at the game knows it too... LC was in the double digit's in penalties and paintsville had 0... i dont want to even get started about on who ever was running the clock!!... but from my understanding its been that way all yr when you play at paintsville.. but if that makes you folks sleep better at night knowing that you all are screwing over (12-13) yr olf kids then more power to you... I want everyone to know that LC will be back!!

Dr. B Wrote:You are the one that had a problem with the officials not me so take your own advice and you can call conference director verify whatever makes you happy ole pal.

Let me make this clear to you because I think your head has been in the (pot and kettle) to long... LC did not throw the ball on the last drive.. lc had subs in too!! it was the third string FB that broke the 46yrd TD.. (third string) means he is not a starter, for all you simple minded folk that cant understand that... LC ran the ball right up the gut trying to get a first down... In no way was LC trying to score on that play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i guess everyone at JC had the "ASS"umption LC was trying too.

reality check: JC 8th is not a D1 collage team so please stop acting like it!!...yes they are a very good team and will win the big school side of the conference... Everyone here in LC considers it a great honor to even be considered as a worthy opponent... lmao really?!?!... I did not know the offer was on the table/or do I have anything to do with who LC plays.. please stop acting like LC is scared to play.. ive said it before and ill say it again LC or paintsville could give any team in the confrence a game!!

I have nothing but respect for your program you all have good teams yr in and yr out. i wish everyone at JC the best of luck in the future.

Don't have a dog on ANY team. BUT, bub, YOU are the first person to start ANY bitching about the officials.
I thought this was a Tigers thread
Will someone tell Dr.B if Paintsville had #8 on the field they would not have had any players left to play the game. No disrepect Dr.B we played against them and our kids were scared to death of him he knocked out a couple of our players. The kid is a beast
ForearmShiver Wrote:Not exactly, I stated that if it were off, then it would have been off by more than a yard. I have not viewed the film, and I was on the other side of the field, but I gave the benefit of doubt to your coaching staff that something must have been off because of how vehemently that protested the measurement. Coaches just don't react that explosively unless they believe something was bad wrong. However, only marking off seven yards for what should have been a fifteen yard penalty, cost the Tigers the first down. Had they marked off the proper penalty yardage, this controversy would not have transpired.

The refs control the chains when you go out for a measurement. You have a little marker on the chain that you put right in the middle of a yardline that has all of the yardlines on it, you set for a specific yardline so that there is no possibility of them screwing it up that is why there is a ref in the middle of the chains when they bring them out all he has to do is put that marker down in the middle of the corresponding yard line and stretch them out from there. For the guys running the chains to effect the measurement they would have to move that marker with no one seeing, and then move the chains back a yard before the measurement even started. Because if the ref saw them move that marker they would be thrown out. I have seen that happen before. The uproar probably came from fans not knowing exactly how it works because most people don't know about the yardline marker thing ( I would love to know its actually name) and assume the measurement relies on the ref walking a straight line.
To ensure an accurate measurement, a clip is usually attached to the chain on the closest 5-yard mark on the field. This clips stays on the edge of the line closest the first down end of the chain. When a measurement takes place. The official picks the chain up at the clip and then places it on the same side of the same line out on the field. This is the best way to get pretty much the closest measurement that you can.
OffTheHook Wrote:To ensure an accurate measurement, a clip is usually attached to the chain on the closest 5-yard mark on the field. This clips stays on the edge of the line closest the first down end of the chain. When a measurement takes place. The official picks the chain up at the clip and then places it on the same side of the same line out on the field. This is the best way to get pretty much the closest measurement that you can.

Thanks for making that simpler oth. Yeah what Im getting at is that the people running the chains can't cheat.
Pages: 1 2