Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Indiana Coach Mike Davis Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will stay for the rest of the season but will then leave IU. Where's NC at?

So does this mean that since Davis was forced out due to IU having a bad season that Tubby has to go since UK is also having a bad season and lost to Davis and IU?

But if thats the case then Pitino since he is also having a bad season and lost to UK then he should resign also.
I dont think he was forced out. I do believe, however, that fan pressure was the main thing that lead to his departure. He just couldnt work in the big fish bowl of Indiana basketball. And no Tubby Smith doesnt have to go. Geez.
Lol its about time Mike davis resigns, He has a really good team but he cant do nothin with it. I think hes just a distraction to the indiana program, this is wut the 2nd time hes done this, but the first time he accualty didnt resign but yet now he is.
Steve Alford will NOT be the next coach.
yeah hopefully Tubby will be, lol....no offense
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Steve Alford will NOT be the next coach.
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:yeah hopefully Tubby will be, lol....no offense
That would be funny. But I don't want him either.

I would love Tom Crean! Or Billy D, I've always like dBilly D. Met him a few times, and he's a great guy ,and a good recruiter, he'd be great at IU.
either of those guys would give IU instant cred. And dont listen to these Billy Donovan doubters. Crean is a proven winner, too. I would love to see IU get either of those guys, because UK wont be smart enough to go after them if Tubby does leave.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:That would be funny. But I don't want him either.

I would love Tom Crean! Or Billy D, I've always like dBilly D. Met him a few times, and he's a great guy ,and a good recruiter, he'd be great at IU.
Davis has been under the most intense pressure since he took the helm at Indiana, just b/c of the fans and that he replaced Bob Knight. Thats were the fans come in, that want good results, quickly. But this off-season will be very interesting for UK and Indiana.
Davis has had many bad seasons !
"corndog23" Wrote:I dont think he was forced out. I do believe, however, that fan pressure was the main thing that lead to his departure. He just couldnt work in the big fish bowl of Indiana basketball. And no Tubby Smith doesnt have to go. Geez.

I was joking.
Maybe Bob Huggins will replace him?
"Old School" Wrote:Maybe Bob Huggins will replace him?
You have a better shot at getting the job than Bob Huggins does. Not even an option.
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:either of those guys would give IU instant cred. And dont listen to these Billy Donovan doubters. Crean is a proven winner, too. I would love to see IU get either of those guys, because UK wont be smart enough to go after them if Tubby does leave.
First of all, IU will be the best job available this off season and it doens't need any credibility. IU is one of the premier jobs in the country.
Crean will be a better choice than Alford, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't accept if he's offered....
"FreakNasty" Wrote:Crean will be a better choice than Alford, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't accept if he's offered....
That's the thing Freak, I'm not sure he'll be offered it.

That's an awfully big buyout.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:That's the thing Freak, I'm not sure he'll be offered it.

That's an awfully big buyout.

The price is high, but with the pressure they have got over the past 2 or 3 years with Davis not being "a Hoosier", I could see them them paying it...

I thought Crean should have got the Ilinois job when it opened up after Self left (Weber got it). Crean is a Big Ten type coach, and I see him coaching somewhere in the Big Ten in the near future....