Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 14 Shelby Valley 6 (5th/6th grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great win over a team that beat us 30-6 in the first game of the year. D was solid, boys have come quite a ways. Good job Panthers!
Big win for the Young guys!

They have been unfortunate with not a lot of practice time and almost zero experience because of last year's stellar sixth grade class. All they need to exhibit is gradual improvement very week. This team has 4-5 nice looking athletes plus some good looking linemen. It is just a matter of learning the game of football at this stage.

Keep improving. GO PANTHERS!
great job panthers!:Clap:
Congrats to the young

Congrats to these young Panthers. Your doing better with each game. Just stay together and keep playing up to your potential. It will pay off one day. :Thumbs:
PHSForever Wrote:Great win over a team that beat us 30-6 in the first game of the year. D was solid, boys have come quite a ways. Good job Panthers!

I thought that the score of the game from earlier in the year was 28-0, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. Either way, this game was a huge turnaround from the earlier matchup, where Valley dominated from the opening kick and had the subs coming in during the 3rd quarter.

Seems odd that Valley's scoring output would drop so much from one game to the next, and I wonder how much the injury to the starting quarterback has affected the young Wildcats. Hopefully they get things straightened out before the playoffs roll around.

Congrats Pikeville.
Offensive output has definately dropped off. In the first five games of the season, SV averaged 34 points per game. In the last five games, they've averaged 8 points per game. SV hosts East Ridge tonight...hopefully they'll get back on track!
More Cowbell Wrote:I thought that the score of the game from earlier in the year was 28-0, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. Either way, this game was a huge turnaround from the earlier matchup, where Valley dominated from the opening kick and had the subs coming in during the 3rd quarter.

Seems odd that Valley's scoring output would drop so much from one game to the next, and I wonder how much the injury to the starting quarterback has affected the young Wildcats. Hopefully they get things straightened out before the playoffs roll around.

Congrats Pikeville.
I'm 99% sure I got the score right, but either way, like you said, big turnaround. One of the biggest reasons is because they had not focused on tackling drills in practices leading up to the first game. Since then, they've had more full contact and spent a whole week of practices after that with at least half of it devoted to tackling and defensive positioning. One thing people need to remember, is this is a VERY young team, majority of them are 5th graders, so they have a good future. Just need to keep their noses to the grindstone and plugging along. Go Panthers!
well u have to remember that they have went 6 games stright withought 1 practice but this coming wekk they have alot of thing to work on and the starting running back #13 was out which made a big change and give there qb a little time and he will be good as new they are a very young team and they dont have much experience