Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: J.J Set's New 3-Pointer Record!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke's J.J. Redick set the NCAA record for career 3-pointers Tuesday night, making two in the first 12½ minutes against Wake Forest to give him 414.

Curtis Staples of Virginia held the previous mark of 413, compiled from 1994-98.

Redick made his first 3 with a step-back jumper over Cameron Stanley, then got the next one off a pass from DeMarcus Nelson. Lee Melchionni set a screen on Justin Gray and Redick had an open catch-and-shoot from the wing.

It swished through, but he hardly was done. He had a steal on the other end and drove for a layup as he was fouled to complete a three-point play, giving Duke a 34-17 lead.

With five games left in the season, Redick likely will become the all-time leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference. He came into Tuesday's game 93 points behind Dickie Hemric, who finished with 2,587 points for the Demon Deacons.

Redick would pass Johnny Dawkins on the Blue Devils' list on his way to Hemric's record.
I'll tell him you said hi when I'm at the Player of the Year ceremony in Indianapolis:mad:
Haha, He is my Idol Tongue
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:Haha, He is my Idol Tongue

Hahahahahahahaha, you shouldn't have told me that, how much would his autograph be worth to you:wenumber1
A pretty penny Smile
I hate him, but he has the sweetest shot in basketball by far right now...One of the best outside shooters of all time...
"alfus21" Wrote:I hate him, but he has the sweetest shot in basketball by far right now...One of the best outside shooters of all time...

right on alfus.
:omg: Well I am with Alfus and Corndog on this one. That bout as much as I can say about it lol.
He is lights out......about as aotuomatic as I have ever seen.

Congrats J.J.!!:wieghts:
What an amazing record. How many do you think he will end up with and how long do you thing that number will stand ?
Well, lets do the math here:

5 More Games Left in Dukes Schedual,
HE averages, what 3.92 per game...lets round that to 4.

Thats 20 more 3 Pointers making him 434?
+ he is going for the all time Record at Duke for Points.. Lets not forget that.
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:Well, lets do the math here:

5 More Games Left in Dukes Schedual,
HE averages, what 3.92 per game...lets round that to 4.

Thats 20 more 3 Pointers making him 434?
+ he is going for the all time Record at Duke for Points.. Lets not forget that.

Good point but you also have to consider how many games that Duke will play in the ACC & NCAA tournaments. I'd say 10-12 games left so that could add 40-48 3's which would put him 454-462.
I think Redick is going to be a Jeff Hornacek/Chris Mullen type player in the NBA....

Best college shooter I have ever saw.....(some of the older folks might say Alford...)
I like jj because he plays the whole game it seems like and plays as hard as he can and still hits his shots. And plus When you shoot 13 shots and get 41 points thats pretty amazing Wink
Hell of a player no matter WHAT team he plays for.

Best shot I've seen on a college player.

He may take Duke's record for all time points. Wouldn't doubt that a bit.
Can't stand him and can't wait until he graduates. But that is a heck of a record.