Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KMSFA 2011 Registration Deadline - SEPTEMBER 15TH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reminder to all coaches that registration for the Kentucky Middle School Football Association for the 2011 is TOMORROW - September 15th.

Please register your team online (if you haven't already) at http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com

If you have any questions, please feel free to email myself (jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com) or President Greg Mitchell (gmitchell@kymiddleschoolfootball.com)

This is our 5th season and registration is already over 130 teams from across the state.

Good luck!

JTB
Region 1 D1
Bowling Green
Calloway
Daviess
Graves Co
Lone Oak
Moss
South Warren
Warren East

Region 2 D1
Allen Co
Barren Co
Crosby
East Hardin
JCTMS
Johnson
JT Alton
Kammerer
Meade Co
Meyzeek
N. Pulaski
S. Pulaski
Westport
Whitley Co

Region 3 D1
Anderson Co
Bondurant
Campbell Co
Conway
Farnsley
Grant Co
Highland
Lassiter
Moore
Myers
Newburg
Olmsted Acad N
Shelby East
Shelby West
South Oldham
Summit View
Union Radiers

Region 4 D1
Bell Co
Boyd Co
Garrard Co
Greenup Co
Johnson Co
Knox Co
Mason Co
North Laurel
Perry Co
Rowan Co
Region 1 D2
Caldwell Co
Edmonson Co
Franklin Simpson
Heath
Paducah

Region 2 D2
Bardstown
Barret
Bloomfield
Corbin
Glasgow
Monroe Co
SpencerCo
Taylor Co
TK Stone
West Hardin
Western

Region 3 D2
Bowling
Christ Acad Lou.
East Oldham
Frost
Georgetown
Henry Co
Knight Middle
LCA
Lex Cath
Ramsey

Region 4 D2
Adams
Bath Co
Casey Co
East Carter
Leslie Co
Lewis Co
Morgan Co
Simons Fleming
Verity
West Carter
D3 Region 1
Ballard Co
Murray Middle
Owensboro Cath
Russellville

D3 Region 2
Campbellsville
Caverna
Old KY Home
Somerset Meece
Williamsburg

D3 Region 3
Eminence
Frankfort
Gallatin Co
Paris
Walton Verona

D3 Region 4
Allen Elem
Cumberland
Evarts
Harlan Ind
Louisa
Martin Co
Nicholas Co
Paintsville
Raceland
Roy G Eversole
Shelby Valley
I dont understand how Lawrence County can be listed as a divison 3 when they are 3A in highschool and have the ability to have kids from more than one school play on the team. Louisa Middle School, Fallsburg and Blaine.
Fallsburg- http://www.lawrence.k12.ky.us/School...INDEX10-11.HTM
Louisa Middle School- http://www.lawrence.k12.ky.us/School...le/default.htm
Blaine - http://www.lawrence.k12.ky.us/School...e/Default.HTML

I dont think they would qualify for D3 if they have kids from more than one school. Greenup has 2 schools playing together and they are Div 1. I dont understand how Lawrence County can be Div 3- SMALL SCHOOL!!!
Lawrence Co is listed incorrectly. They should be listed as Louisa Middle and they are D3 by male enrollement.
plantmanky Wrote:Lawrence Co is listed incorrectly. They should be listed as Louisa Middle and they are D3 by male enrollement.

So no kids from Blaine or Fallsburg play for the middle school team even though these other schools do not have football teams indiviually??
Ram-Fan Wrote:So no kids from Blaine or Fallsburg play for the middle school team even though these other schools do not have football teams indiviually??

Blaine has a team.
Ram-Fan Wrote:I dont understand how Lawrence County can be listed as a divison 3 when they are 3A in highschool and have the ability to have kids from more than one school play on the team. Louisa Middle School, Fallsburg and Blaine.
Fallsburg- http://www.lawrence.k12.ky.us/School...INDEX10-11.HTM
Louisa Middle School- http://www.lawrence.k12.ky.us/School...le/default.htm
Blaine - http://www.lawrence.k12.ky.us/School...e/Default.HTML

I dont think they would qualify for D3 if they have kids from more than one school. Greenup has 2 schools playing together and they are Div 1. I dont understand how Lawrence County can be Div 3- SMALL SCHOOL!!!
Shelby Valley is the same way, kids from GF Johnson, Robinson Creek, etc.
Robinson Creek and GF Johnson do not exist anymore. They are combined with Virgie Middle to become The Virgie School.The new school will house all of those kids in the fall.
How are Johnson and Meade in the same Region? 200+ miles apart
Catfan09 Wrote:How are Johnson and Meade in the same Region? 200+ miles apart

Johnson & Johnson County are two different schools.
plantmanky Wrote:Johnson & Johnson County are two different schools.

Gotcha.....thanks! Is there a map of the different regions? Meade and Whitley are 200+ as well unless there is another Whitley as well. Why wouldn't they be with Laurel?
Catfan09 Wrote:Gotcha.....thanks! Is there a map of the different regions? Meade and Whitley are 200+ as well unless there is another Whitley as well. Why wouldn't they be with Laurel?

Both are in Region 2, Northern and Souther Extremes of the Regioin.
PHSForever Wrote:Shelby Valley is the same way, kids from GF Johnson, Robinson Creek, etc.

new o Wrote:Robinson Creek and GF Johnson do not exist anymore. They are combined with Virgie Middle to become The Virgie School.The new school will house all of those kids in the fall.

As new o said, Robinson Creek and G.F. Johnson, both housing kids grades K-5, do not exist as separate entitles anymore. They are considered to be individual campuses of the same Virgie School, in addition to the Virgie Middle (6-8) campus. The Pike BOE views all three as one school, and they only have one principal covering all three campuses. This is in preparation for next fall, when the students from all three will be housed in the new Virgie School facility being built next to Shelby Valley High School.

However, Dorton is still considered its own K-8 school. So officially, the Shelby Valley middle school and grade school teams are made up of students from both Virgie and Dorton schools.

As for how they are in D3, I don't know. I imagine that it is based on total number of male students, and Dorton is not very big, so the fact that it is made up of students from two schools probably doesn't make a huge difference.
There is actually only one player from Dorton on Shelby Valley's 5th/6th grade team! It's a non-factor.
LovestheGame Wrote:There is actually only one player from Dorton on Shelby Valley's 5th/6th grade team! It's a non-factor.

I didn't know that, but it doesn't necessarily surprise me. Dorton is a fairly small school. I would imagine that the number of Dorton kids on the 7th/8th and 3rd/4th teams are fairly low as well.
More Cowbell Wrote:I didn't know that, but it doesn't necessarily surprise me. Dorton is a fairly small school. I would imagine that the number of Dorton kids on the 7th/8th and 3rd/4th teams are fairly low as well.

Dorton is a small school with just over 100 kids in the 6th through 8th grades. I do know of at least 10 of our boys basketball players playing on the 7th/8th grade team. Probably the biggest number in a while.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Dorton is a small school with just over 100 kids in the 6th through 8th grades. I do know of at least 10 of our boys basketball players playing on the 7th/8th grade team. Probably the biggest number in a while.

DW5, I'm assuming you meant that 10 boys that play basketball for Dorton also play football for the SV 7th/8th team? If so, that's great. I'm sure the coaches are glad to have them.
More Cowbell Wrote:DW5, I'm assuming you meant that 10 boys that play basketball for Dorton also play football for the SV 7th/8th team? If so, that's great. I'm sure the coaches are glad to have them.

Yes, at least ten that I can think of.
Are the teams listed above (in the first part of the thread) the teams that are eligible for post season play? Are there others eligible?
I posted this list (I believe on September 14th). There are maybe 3 or 4 more teams that registered the next day?

Our total membership is going to be between 130-140 programs.
When do you think we will know who is playing who and where.
when will the brackets come out
@sports dad Final win/loss records are due by Friday from coaches. I know that the playoff games are scheduled to start the week of the 18th.

We have over 130 programs state wide this year. I can assure you we are working diligently to expedite getting the information out there. There are a handful of conference champions that have been confirmed already. The rest will get plugged in within the coming week.

Thanks again for your patience! We are glad to see everyone excited about these upcoming match ups!
KMSFA2 Wrote:@sports dad Final win/loss records are due by Friday from coaches. I know that the playoff games are scheduled to start the week of the 18th.

We have over 130 programs state wide this year. I can assure you we are working diligently to expedite getting the information out there. There are a handful of conference champions that have been confirmed already. The rest will get plugged in within the coming week.

Thanks again for your patience! We are glad to see everyone excited about these upcoming match ups!

The brackets show games start on the 15th!