Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is The Movie "Bring It On" Anything Like "REAL" High School Cheerleading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the movie "Bring It On" anything like being a real high school cheerleader?

There are a lot of people who think that this movie helped the perception of cheerleaders--but if this is anything like what "real" cheerleading is--I think it killed it.

What is the truth here?
there are some aspects of the movie that relate to real cheerleading. The nationals is in datona where NCA has their national championship. The routines they perform are all music, which is how all-star routines are. Most of the stunts they performed are illegal in high school, but are legal in college. Their choreographer is a little over the top as are much of the other characters in the movie. I think it did help cheerleading get out into the mainstream, but i do not think that it helped lift the stigma that cheerleaders face.
i agree pvillecheeralum...also in movie the tryouts are a little weird..but its a part of the comedy.. Bring it On taught never to steal cheers lol
Ok... the movie Bring It On has some real cheerleading in it, but for the most part it isn't anything like real practices or real games. The competition looks real just because they have actual cheerleaders that act those parts. The main roles though not much of that happens in real cheerleading! I think that alot of people knew that it wasn't the whoel perspective on things. At least I hope they did. If they didnt know they know now! Thanks Kentucky Hillbilly GREAT topic!!!
i agree UKWildcats..cheerleading looks so easy at practices and games in the movies but in real life practice and games is like a competition everyday because so many squads try to compete with eachother
Spirit fingers!
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Spirit fingers!

cool cat huh?
Ask Griffin Meyers formally from Pikeville, he is in California filming the third part of the movie "Bring It On Yet Again".
i agree with what everyone is saying on here. i mean some parts of the movie really do point out cheerleading in real life, for example, when they are all standing there right before they compete you do give yourself pep talks and pump yourself up. there were many other things listed above that is also true. but as far as their practices go, it is nothing like cheerleading in real life. blood, sweat, and tears go into practices in real life, lol. games aren't just practices like it says in the movie, everytime you have a game, you have to work just as hard. GREAT TOPIC BY THE WAY !!
i agree with everyone else! Parts of the cheerleading going on in the movie Bring It On are like real life cheeleading but other parts are completely opposite! I mean no matter what kind of cheerleading it is you have to work together like a team! And I agree with Pirate Chick games are not the only practices who ever came up with that totally needs top get their facts straight! Cheerleaders work hard (harder than any other sport if you ask me) and they practice like crazy! All because they love it and they want to be the best! :#1: