Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Northern 60- Lex Cath 6 (8th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final!
OUCH!!!!
Statement made:ChairHit:
Ouch

Congrats Northern Pulaski
It was my 2nd time getting to see this group. Must say, they look real good. Not sure when they play again but I'll be there. A very fun group to watch.
Will these kids go to Pulaski County or Somerset. Or will they split up and go to each? Are they a feeder to either school?
I thought north would win but i am a little
Shocked by the score. Congrats to north
You are the team to beat.
WOW, did not expect this margin-WOW
Can anyone give any details of the game? Wish I could of made it to the game.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Will these kids go to Pulaski County or Somerset. Or will they split up and go to each? Are they a feeder to either school?

These kids will all be going to Pulaski County High School. The future is looking good for the Maroons.
barrel Wrote:Can anyone give any details of the game? Wish I could of made it to the game.
Northern scored every time they touched the ball except for the last drive when the Maroons let the clock run out. The Maroons also returned 3 picks for TDs. Simply put, Northern took Lex Cath to the wood shed.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Northern scored every time they touched the ball except for the last drive when the Maroons let the clock run out. The Maroons also returned 3 picks for TDs. Simply put, Northern took Lex Cath to the wood shed.

Crow does taste better with a glass of red wine. Point taken Northern Pulaski. :worthy:
The team appreciates the congrats from everyone (even riverdog, surprising, but thanks buddy). I haven't anticipated a middle school game this much in a long time. I was very anxious to see this one. The "smack talk" from both sides made it that much better. One of our boys said during pregame warm-ups, he dropped a pass (one of the few). In the background, someone from the LC side said, "Nice catch." A little advice. Don't taunt a kid off one mistake on offense, because that same kid will absolutely knock your jock off on defense. Just the newest example of the gasoline LC doused themselves in before they got to the fire. That's been my point for the past 3 months or so. The "better than you" attitude that I've seen from LC is what got you beat like it did. Up 50, our boys wanted 60. Even the 2nd & 3rd string wanted some...and they got some. In the 2-year run that this team has had, I have never seen an opponent as scared as the one I saw last night. They feared PC and it showed. Guys on kickoff return were doing well to simply fall on the ball with defenders 15+ yards away from contact. I'm surprised they score 6 points to be totally honest with you. #1 was their best player and it wasn't even close.

The 7th grade game was a little different. We weren't hitting our stride offensively like we should have. I know what you're thinking, "man, you scored 48 points, relax." We had some stupid penalties that we know better than to commit. It wasn't our best game, but we got the job done.

The bottom line is LC taunted a monster. It's that simple. I've been personally called out numerous times on here by BM82. Let's put it to rest. A total score of 108-12 says it's done. Good luck the rest of the season. I seriously hope you all have a great end to the to the year. Work hard and take the D-2 State Title for us.
I didn't see this coming. Congrats on a big win.

I know a bunch of pulaski parents are going to get on here and start a nerd fight but I have heard pulaski has an abundance of hold backs (due to age I hope), any truth to this?
Northern Pulaski has absolutely NO players who will not be eligible all 4 years of high school. I've said this before and I'll say it again, THE KIDS COME FIRST. Guys, holding back is legal. If it wasn't, no one would do it. All successful teams do it, to think otherwise is a joke. So for the few people who whine about it, it's well within your rights and boundaries to do it if you so choose. If not, that's on you, no one else. It is ALL based on age. No one is going to put a kid on the field who has "FAILED" a grade. That would be the wrong decision people should be upset with.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Northern Pulaski has absolutely NO players who will not be eligible all 4 years of high school. I've said this before and I'll say it again, THE KIDS COME FIRST. Guys, holding back is legal. If it wasn't, no one would do it. All successful teams do it, to think otherwise is a joke. So for the few people who whine about it, it's well within your rights and boundaries to do it if you so choose. If not, that's on you, no one else. It is ALL based on age. No one is going to put a kid on the field who has "FAILED" a grade. That would be the wrong decision people should be upset with.

I agree 100%, you must do what's best for the child. If they are under the legal age requirements set by the KHSAA to obtain their 4 years of high school eligibility than it was a smart move by the parents. Congrats on the win Northern, Lex Cath has a well respected program and I see them bouncing back from this loss.
Wildcat18
Since it is AGE related then will your 8th grade team play my JV team? We would be the SAME AGE. Sounds fair to me since IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS.
Yes, holdbacks are LEGAL. But when they graduate HS, count how many of them go to a school larger than Cumberland or Union, thus squashing their FAMILY'S dream of a free RIDE and bragging rights at the WAFFLE HOUSE. If they are not failing THEN LET THEM COMPETE WITH THEIR REGULAR AGE/SCHOOL GROUP.
People whining - one or two players held back for NON-ATHLETIC REASONS and nothing is said.....16 held back that can't win in their age group - THEN THE WHINING STARTS. What in the world are you all thinking?????
Yeah, I'm sick of it.
PIRATESCOACH Wrote:Wildcat18
Since it is AGE related then will your 8th grade team play my JV team? We would be the SAME AGE. Sounds fair to me since IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS.
Yes, holdbacks are LEGAL. But when they graduate HS, count how many of them go to a school larger than Cumberland or Union, thus squashing their FAMILY'S dream of a free RIDE and bragging rights at the WAFFLE HOUSE. If they are not failing THEN LET THEM COMPETE WITH THEIR REGULAR AGE/SCHOOL GROUP.
People whining - one or two players held back for NON-ATHLETIC REASONS and nothing is said.....16 held back that can't win in their age group - THEN THE WHINING STARTS. What in the world are you all thinking?????
Yeah, I'm sick of it.
good team period
What's wrong with sending a kid to a smaller school such as Cumberland or Union? That's a success in my opinion. You want everyone to go to D-1 and that's great, but you can't limit yourself and consider sending a kid to an NAIA school a failure. You do realize that holding a kid back is not mandatory don't you? It's a parental/player decision. So if you're telling me that there are absolutely no students/athletes at the school you follow or coach at that's been held back, in any level, you're crazy.

bluedad

...for athletic reasons is absurd and unethical.
You parents who want to live vicariously through your child are doing them a huge disservice.
Carry on...
Meatloaf
I know its probably impossible.... But i wish we could test
Your theory on "How many of them actually go to a school
Larger than cumberland or union." Im guessing that of the
Kids that play D1 or D2 ball alot of them are older in their
Class. I would also add that i have NEVER heard a parent say
"i wish i hadn't held little johnny back or i wish johnny was
younger in his class. Its always the opposite in my experience. Parents thats dont
Hold back fall in one of three categories (1) they could care or less and are
Happy about their decision to start johnny at the "correct" age in school
(2) they didnt hold their kid back And wish they had or (3)they didnt hold their kid back and everyone that does is a cheater (even though it is perfectly
Legal within KHSAA rules).
bluedad Wrote:...for athletic reasons is absurd and unethical.
You parents who want to live vicariously through your child are doing them a huge disservice.
Carry on...

this
Wildcat18 Wrote:What's wrong with sending a kid to a smaller school such as Cumberland or Union? That's a success in my opinion. You want everyone to go to D-1 and that's great, but you can't limit yourself and consider sending a kid to an NAIA school a failure. You do realize that holding a kid back is not mandatory don't you? It's a parental/player decision. So if you're telling me that there are absolutely no students/athletes at the school you follow or coach at that's been held back, in any level, you're crazy.

1) Nothing wrong with playing at an NAIA school at all, in fact, IT'S GREAT. However, we all know that the kids were not held back by their parents to play NAIA sports.
2) The basic question I ask is - Why hold the CHILD back for sports purposes only?
3) Yes, my team of 55 players does have two hold backs. One FAILED first grade and the second player FAILED second grade.
4) I am finished with this thread on this final note. It is LEGAL to hold a child back for sports purposes but does anyone on this board believe that the parent goes to the school board and says, "Hey, I want to hold by child back for sports purposes."
I bet not.
Was at PC on Thursday evening. There were a lot of people there. Congrats to Northern on the victory.
Cheezy Wrote:Meatloaf
I know its probably impossible.... But i wish we could test
Your theory on "How many of them actually go to a school
Larger than cumberland or union." Im guessing that of the
Kids that play D1 or D2 ball alot of them are older in their
Class. I would also add that i have NEVER heard a parent say
"i wish i hadn't held little johnny back or i wish johnny was
younger in his class. Its always the opposite in my experience. Parents thats dont
Hold back fall in one of three categories (1) they could care or less and are
Happy about their decision to start johnny at the "correct" age in school
(2) they didnt hold their kid back And wish they had or (3)they didnt hold their kid back and everyone that does is a cheater (even though it is perfectly
Legal within KHSAA rules).

In response to your statement that kids in D1/D2 are older in their class:
I am guessing that if a player is lucky enough to have the natural talent and a football environment in which he can thrive then that kid will play D1 or D2. Holding a kid back one year is not going to put him in D1 or D2. That is that.
Im not saying that holding a kid back is going to make him a
D1 prospect. I am only saying that in my opinion parents
hold their kids back because they believe it gives their child the
Best opprtunity to suceed. Whats the worst thing that can come
Of it?.. You get to have your son in the house to mature and grow
For 365 more days before sending them to college. Thats a good
Thing to me. Tell me why
I shouldnt hold my kid back. Just one reason not to hold him back because
Of the way HE will be negatively impacted by it.

bluedad

I'm sure you really do believe holding your kid back for SPORTS reasons is good for them. Sad but not unexpected.

If they are lucky, they'll get a scholarship in sports. What happens with sports after that? Well the odds say otherwise.

"What's the worst that can come of it?"

Well I guess if you consider teaching your children that sports success is more important than academic success and that you show them you are willing to sacrifice a lifetime of normal academic and social achievements for a fleeting couple years of on the field success- then multiply that opinion times everyone- well then you can see what a morally bankrupt world we would become.

Frankly, I think we're already there.

So have fun with it Dad- remember- it's not your life your affecting.
Hopefully Northern Pulaski can carry over all this success into high school and be able to beat 2A Somerset
Talk about total domination!! If i remember correctly, the 7th grade game was pretty much the same!! The future is looking extremely bright for Pulaski County football!!

Congrats Northern!!

Unregistered

Since when did holdback = lack of academic success?
Bluedad
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
However i must agree with the last post
Since when does holding back = lack of
Academic sucess? As long as the KHSAA
Allows it I will keep holding my kids
Back and you can keep whining about it.
Pages: 1 2