Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 47 East Ridge 7 (5th/6th grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats! Keep working hard.
Congrats Valley! They have a really good 5th/6th team this year.

I know they have beaten Pikeville 28-0, Hazard 28-0, and now ER. Have they played anyone else (not counting scrimmages) that I'm not aware of?
No, those are the only three games played thus far. They looked really good last night at East Ridge. It should be a good season for them.
Valley looked really good against Hazard this past Saturday, well coached and well disciplined.

Hazard and Shelby Valley are supposed to play a few more times, hopefully dawgs will play better next time, their best player did not play and team had only had 3 practices in pads, But take nothing away from Valley they looked really good.
Keep it up wildcats!
Shocked me to see the way the coaches of Valley acted over the score of last nights game. Johns Creek defeated Valley 40 - 6. Valleys coaches accused Johns Creeks coaches of not having any class because of the score. Johns Creek only scored once in the 2nd half (I think that showed class).

Shelby Valley defeated East Ridge 47-7
Johns Creek Defeated Valley 40-6

which is the bigger margin???????????????

True class is being able to lose without making a scene in front of your players and fans.
I have to agree with you somewhat. Pikeville beat East Ridge 30-6, but they played almost all 5th graders, 2nd string, etc the entire 4th quarter and for quite a bit of the 3rd qtr. Johns Creek ran it up 57-26 on Pikeville, kept their starters in nearly the whole game. It is getting ridiculous, coaches need to realize when a win is in hand, to get players some time on the field so they can develop some. I didn't see the game, so I don't know what you are talking about in reference to how the coaches "acted" about the score. Hopefully they weren't too crass and obvious about wanting to run it up. If they did, shame on them.

But congratulations to Valley. Pikeville plays Hazard Thursday.
Gridiron Momma Wrote:Shocked me to see the way the coaches of Valley acted over the score of last nights game. Johns Creek defeated Valley 40 - 6. Valleys coaches accused Johns Creeks coaches of not having any class because of the score. Johns Creek only scored once in the 2nd half (I think that showed class).

Shelby Valley defeated East Ridge 47-7
Johns Creek Defeated Valley 40-6

which is the bigger margin???????????????

True class is being able to lose without making a scene in front of your players and fans.

It has nothing to do with the margin as much as it has to do with the way you get to that margin. If the second and third string is scoring in the second half then that is different. If you have your starters in the whole game expecially your stud at the end then that is horrible. From what I could tell Johns Creek has one really good player. They have a lot of excitement, but I don't think this team could beat Belfry if they had a 5/6th grade team. Good luck to the rest of the season.
hootie Wrote:It has nothing to do with the margin as much as it has to do with the way you get to that margin. If the second and third string is scoring in the second half then that is different. If you have your starters in the whole game expecially your stud at the end then that is horrible. From what I could tell Johns Creek has one really good player. They have a lot of excitement, but I don't think this team could beat Belfry if they had a 5/6th grade team. Good luck to the rest of the season.
From what I have seen, Johns Creek never takes that kid out, hardly. That may have been a bone of contention. But anyway, congrats to all, best wishes for injury free season.
I have witnessed all of the Johns Creek games this season, my grandson plays 2nd string for JC and has played in these games and he is having a great time this season. I don't understand why that you would trash JC on such a win last night when last year the teams in the county were putting 50 pts at a time on JC. People say that you shouldn't do that to children but their are 15 kids that were put through that same thing last year at JC, they say that "what goes around comes around" now it's not too fun when it's on the other foot! AS FAR AS PLAYING TIME, EVERYONE OF THE KIDS AT JC ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL AND EXCITING SEASON THIS YEAR.. GOD BLESS.
You say jc has only 1 stud player, but where i am from football is played with 11. Take the other 10, surely they can tackle one child..
bluesclues Wrote:I have witnessed all of the Johns Creek games this season, my grandson plays 2nd string for JC and has played in these games and he is having a great time this season. I don't understand why that you would trash JC on such a win last night when last year the teams in the county were putting 50 pts at a time on JC. People say that you shouldn't do that to children but their are 15 kids that were put through that same thing last year at JC, they say that "what goes around comes around" now it's not too fun when it's on the other foot! AS FAR AS PLAYING TIME, EVERYONE OF THE KIDS AT JC ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL AND EXCITING SEASON THIS YEAR.. GOD BLESS.
I don't think it was the score so much as it was purposely TRYING to run up the score that the mother was talking about. If people put up 50 on a team and they are playing everyone, well, not a lot you can do. A 10 or 11 year old turns the corner and sees a touchdown, he isn't going to fall down to keep from scoring. But if coaches are putting top players back in just to score another TD or two late when the game is already pretty much decided (no matter who the team is), then that is uncalled for.

As for Bluesclues, yes, it is played with 11. But if they are leaving him in the whole game and not playing other kids simply because they want to keep scoring, that is wrong too. I've seen them 3 times now, outstanding young player, but no reason for him to be in a 43-20 game, for example, with 2 or 3 minutes left with other players on the sideline. Pull him out and give them a chance. The times I've seen him, he has score almost every touchdown. Please note I said "almost", there have been one or two others I've seen score, but it primarily all about him. I know if you have a star, ride him to a win, but don't ride him hard and put him up wet, as the old saying goes. Show a little class and respect to other teammates and other teams and pull him when games are decided. He is so much bigger than most kids in the 5th and 6th grades, that it is a big advantage for him.