Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 8th 38, Lawrence Co. 8th 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shelby Valley took down a good lawerance co. team today in good fashion. They played really well in every aspect. Chandler Rowe won MVP with 250+ rushing yards and 4 td's. Justin bowling had well over 100 yards rushing himself and was a complete animal on D. Issac Lucas played lights out and had atleast 8 tackles. The whole O-line played great. Donovan Layne had several rushing yards as a QB and had some nice passes. Shelby Valley is no joke theis year. I can't wait to watch this team play JC.
Good job SV sounds like you boys played a great game.
The LC 8th grade played 3 quarters of football in the first game in 90 degree heat, They beat Pike central 28-6 and then had to immediately play Shelby Valley. This was a very good game. At halftime after LC had played 5 quarters to SV's 2 quarters it was 14-14. The field temp was over 100. With 3 minutes left in 3rd SV went up for good, after 6 quarters of play the dawgs were completely gassed. And to add insult when the Dawgs turned the ball over on downs with 28 seconds left in 4th quarter and SV up 36-20 they call a run play 40 yards from the endzone hoping LC is just going to give up. They should have just taken a knee. The play netted 4 yards and a SV player that got up limping. Final score 36-20
Lawerance Co. 7th played Pike Co. Central . If they played 8th graders in that game which they had not planned . Then I would say they over looked two good Pike Co. teams in Valley and Pike Central.The run play at the end of the game was Valley subs .
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The LC 8th grade played 3 quarters of football in the first game in 90 degree heat, They beat Pike central 28-6 and then had to immediately play Shelby Valley. This was a very good game. At halftime after LC had played 5 quarters to SV's 2 quarters it was 14-14. The field temp was over 100. With 3 minutes left in 3rd SV went up for good, after 6 quarters of play the dawgs were completely gassed. And to add insult when the Dawgs turned the ball over on downs with 28 seconds left in 4th quarter and SV up 36-20 they call a run play 40 yards from the endzone hoping LC is just going to give up. They should have just taken a knee. The play netted 4 yards and a SV player that got up limping. Final score 36-20
The LC 7th grade played PCC, Lets not make excuses just because that team was not use to losing. Dont get me wrong they were two very good teams but i believe the better team on that day one...
blue60 Wrote:Lawerance Co. 7th played Pike Co. Central . If they played 8th graders in that game which they had not planned . Then I would say they over looked two good Pike Co. teams in Valley and Pike Central.The run play at the end of the game was Valley subs .
The LC 7th grade came in to start the 4th quarter and played the entire 4th against Pike central. The LC 8th grade played the first 3 quarters of the Pike Central game and all 4 quarters of the Shelby Valley game and they did this in 90 degree weather with the field temp over 100. And it took SV 4 quarters to finally wear them down and felt safe enough to put in their subs the last play of the game.
Agree Dawgbyte.. if Shelby Valley would like to play our team with our 8th graders have not played 7 quarters straight say it would be a much different game. I only saw the 7th graders go in on the last quarter of the game. How about Valley lets try to meet up again on different terms.. would definitely be a different game. Outstanding play today by Grant Kiser Brandon Richardson and Luke Schaeffer
Quit complaining, Shelby Valley won, and LC lost, was a good game despite being 100 Degrees. Hoped both School do well this season.
Going by the schedule it was supposed to LC's 7th grade team playing Pike Central.I agree LC was probably a little tired but they volunteered to play back to back. Give SV some credit, they played hard.By the way one of LC's scores was on a hail mary at the end of the first half.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The LC 8th grade played 3 quarters of football in the first game in 90 degree heat, They beat Pike central 28-6 and then had to immediately play Shelby Valley. This was a very good game. At halftime after LC had played 5 quarters to SV's 2 quarters it was 14-14. The field temp was over 100. With 3 minutes left in 3rd SV went up for good, after 6 quarters of play the dawgs were completely gassed. And to add insult when the Dawgs turned the ball over on downs with 28 seconds left in 4th quarter and SV up 36-20 they call a run play 40 yards from the endzone hoping LC is just going to give up. They should have just taken a knee. The play netted 4 yards and a SV player that got up limping. Final score 36-20

You forgot about the bus breaking down and the black cat crossing in front of you......just kidding about that last one. But honestly, if you were there, you know that it was a much more dominant showing by Shelby Valley than the score indicates. Take away the two long passes over a new safety and the score is even uglier.I'm sure the kids were tired,but not so much that it would have made a difference in the outcome.And as for the play with 28secs left, it had all to do with letting the subs take a snap and none to do with running up the score. We leave that to your high school team....i.e. last years meeting @ Shelby Valley.
For one thing let me just say that if LC played there 8th grade team against Pcc 7th grade team. That's absolutly pitiful. Stop making excuses. LC got their lunch ate. I'm sure they play again some time this season. Which is just another chance for Valley to win again. I honestly don't know why people can't get one here and congradulate a team for doing a good job for winning instead of making excuses for a losing team who was punished.
Shelby Valley came out ready for this game on Saturday Morning. Both teams played great. If Lawrence Co. played their 8th grade against Pike Central's 7th, that was their fault. They knew what was coming ahead of time. All I have to say is congrats to the Shelby Valley Wildcats!
I didn't know that was Pike Central 7th grade team. They are a very good team. If the 8th grade team is half as good, they will go far. It's a shame we didn't get to play them. As for the SV game I understand about the subs but I would have put them in the 3rd quarter. As for the high school team they put the JV team in last year midway through the 3rd quarter and they scored three TD's.
That was PCC's 7th and 8th grade team.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Lawrence defeated Estill and Morgan with a high powered offense and unbelievable defense. They completely dominated both games putting up over 50 points and only allowing Morgan to score when the subs were in on a very good pass play by the Cougars.

Teach it when they're young and they will do it when they get older....right....and as I remember it, the star running back (James) was still in the game with a little over 2mins left, last year....By the way, where is he now??
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I didn't know that was Pike Central 7th grade team. They are a very good team. If the 8th grade team is half as good, they will go far. It's a shame we didn't get to play them. As for the SV game I understand about the subs but I would have put them in the 3rd quarter. As for the high school team they put the JV team in last year midway through the 3rd quarter and they scored three TD's.

On the list of teams for the tournaments and on the back of the shirts given to team members.. the only team showing that it had a 7th grade team was Louisa. Why didn't Pike play their 8th graders? Were they playing somewhere else? Louisa has a couple of off weekends.. come on down and lets play again. Would be great practice for both teams
ballfan87 Wrote:On the list of teams for the tournaments and on the back of the shirts given to team members.. the only team showing that it had a 7th grade team was Louisa. Why didn't Pike play their 8th graders? Were they playing somewhere else? Louisa has a couple of off weekends.. come on down and lets play again. Would be great practice for both teams
So why did Louisa play the 8th graders in the 7th grade game sounds like you should take that up with the Louisa coach.
Congrats SV on a good win, one win in many I predict for the season. SV played good but ran basic Offence and D because Pikeville was recording and scouting the game. The team they will play Tuesday.... SV also will be a much better team at the end of the season.
This was a good opening game for SV they found out a lot about themselves. As far as the weather SV had to wait in the heat while those 7th or 8th grade teams played and it took a lot out of them as well. I thought when you looked at that fact; both teams were lucky that nobody got sick from heat exposure. I really beleive that these are two of the best teams in eastern Ky. I am not sure if when they play again that the outcome will be much different. I think the score could very well have been much worse looking back; SV time of possession was unreal and LC only had the ball very briefly. If you take the two long passes away (which can be atttributed to inexperince and not playing aganinst a QB that can air-it -out like the player from LC) and the short yardage first down carry by JB which resulted in a fumble, SV dominated both halfs of the game. I like the challenge though and maybe these two fine teams can settle the what ifs down the road for both sides. However, excuses don't go in the scorebook and no matter how it looked to both sides at the end of the day Shelby Valley 36 Lawrence County 20.
Cougar Connection Wrote:This was a good opening game for SV they found out a lot about themselves. As far as the weather SV had to wait in the heat while those 7th or 8th grade teams played and it took a lot out of them as well. I thought when you looked at that fact; both teams were lucky that nobody got sick from heat exposure. I really beleive that these are two of the best teams in eastern Ky. I am not sure if when they play again that the outcome will be much different. I think the score could very well have been much worse looking back; SV time of possession was unreal and LC only had the ball very briefly. If you take the two long passes away (which can be atttributed to inexperince and not playing aganinst a QB that can air-it -out like the player from LC) and the short yardage first down carry by JB which resulted in a fumble, SV dominated both halfs of the game. I like the challenge though and maybe these two fine teams can settle the what ifs down the road for both sides. However, excuses don't go in the scorebook and no matter how it looked to both sides at the end of the day Shelby Valley 36 Lawrence County 20.
Very good post. I did not mean to disparage SV in any way. They have a very good team as they do every year. And I think you are right in that playing a football game in 90 degree weather takes a lot out of everyone involved. I just think with only 2 games being played the organizers could have had the games starting at 5 or 6 in the evening.
Good point and to add to what you said I'd like to note that Pikeville didn't play immediately following our game. It was much later in the evening. In fairness to all parties they could have easily started much later with the first games.
:thanks: Good luck the rest of the season to the Dawgs!
it doesnt matter because johnson central and boyd county would beat all three teams in the dirt

boyd county is no joke GL to the mountains trying to beat them.
Section213 Wrote:it doesnt matter because johnson central and boyd county would beat all three teams in the dirt

ummm. cool.
Section213 Wrote:it doesnt matter because johnson central and boyd county would beat all three teams in the dirt

Well bud, im sure we'd be more than happy to try. I'm pretty sure ol' JC plays valley this year anyways. Guess we'll see huh? Why make an ignorant post like that on this thread? If you wanna talk about Big Sandy teams. Start a thread about it?
Congrats SV

Unregistered

FYI: Lawrence Co only has 6 players in the 7th grade, the rest play in youth leauge. 9 players in the 8th grade were held back and suppose to be in 9th grade. So that being said seems like SV was playing against an 8th/freshman team.

We are going to find out Tuesday 9/6 just how good Boyd is. Lawrence will be visiting to see if they can slow down that high powered offense. One thing is for sure, you will know you have been in a football game.
Unregistered Wrote:FYI: Lawrence Co only has 6 players in the 7th grade, the rest play in youth leauge. 9 players in the 8th grade were held back and suppose to be in 9th grade. So that being said seems like SV was playing against an 8th/freshman team.
Why do fans get on here and always try to make excuses for their team.. win or lose??.. SV won and still making excuses for their team. The above statement is not correct. I thinks SV has a very good team.. SV beat LC.. Pikeville beat SV and LC beats Pikeville.. Looks like 3 very closely matched teams. SV lets play again just have your Coach call our school.. Doubt this call will ever be made though.. Think the outcome would be very different story. Keep up the good work Bulldogs!

Unregistered

ballfan87 Wrote:Why do fans get on here and always try to make excuses for their team.. win or lose??.. SV won and still making excuses for their team. The above statement is not correct. I thinks SV has a very good team.. SV beat LC.. Pikeville beat SV and LC beats Pikeville.. Looks like 3 very closely matched teams. SV lets play again just have your Coach call our school.. Doubt this call will ever be made though.. Think the outcome would be very different story. Keep up the good work Bulldogs!

If you doubt the call will ever be made, have your coach call SV. That way you can be sure lol. This goes both ways.
All i do is win Wrote:Well bud, im sure we'd be more than happy to try. I'm pretty sure ol' JC plays valley this year anyways. Guess we'll see huh? Why make an ignorant post like that on this thread? If you wanna talk about Big Sandy teams. Start a thread about it?

I guess not, they called and cancelled today. They said they decided to play someone else in there bowl game.
Pages: 1 2